Confession time..do you cheat logging?

ice_boii_1207

Re: Confession time..do you cheat logging?

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Wyldesystem wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:51 am
ice_boii_1207 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:37 am
Wyldesystem wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:20 am

I find the machines eazy to grab wood in tbis game...i can load and u load forwarder fairly eazily....no where even close to how bad it use to be launching logs into orbit lol
For real? I guess fs22 got better with the logging. Also a center pivot loader isnt good when using a-d to steer lol. It shoots it out the side!
I have been playing since fs15.....and never have i ever been ablr to load logs with the ponsse......always some crazy glitched action happened.....tried in every game since.....now i can load them up easily and unload....although it still isnt perfect its a huge improvment....use to take me an hour to try and load a few logs in the older games.....now i can do a few full loads roadside an hour on the ponsse with no issues at all....unloading could be tuned a little bit more but still i can do it no problem.....definitly could not do it in older games....
Well that is awesome! Now i know my favorite, logging, will be extra fun lol!
Ice_boii :gamer:
Dreiviertel

Post by Dreiviertel »

I use this mod https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022 , it got a forestry config. It's literally throwing the logs in and tip them into the pond at the sawmill.
Wenn er mal groß ist, will ich so sein wie ich.
[Ralph Wiggum]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS5 Farmer
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

hun3 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:39 pm I just discovered you can just back into the pond and unload at the old mill. My desperate attempt to not cheat this time instantly fell apart. :biggrin2:

So how do you guys play? Do you pick up/unload every single tiny branch with a machines?
This isnt a cheat , it is where you are supposed to unload the logs at the old sawmill , hence the shallow part of the pond you can back right into
FarmingBucket

Post by FarmingBucket »

I sometimes will use my hands when I get annoyed
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

hun3 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:39 pm I just discovered you can just back into the pond and unload at the old mill. My desperate attempt to not cheat this time instantly fell apart. :biggrin2:

So how do you guys play? Do you pick up/unload every single tiny branch with a machines?
On FS15 I used to just push trees into a lake. Once they hit the water they were "sold". There were a lot of things that were cheaty about logging on FS15.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Logging in 15 was something else entirely. Done "right", it was the most frustrating thing in the game, second to none (except maybe bale stacking in the older games?). When done cheaty, you could make enough money to setup a farm however you liked on console.
The thing about the "cheating" tho.. I am seeing lots of people listing auto load and unload in the case of logs as cheating and honestly it depends on how you look at it. In all my years driving I never once had to bust out a forklift and unload my truck (although I have unloaded my own truck for funsies.. weird story). Could you imagine showing up to the mill irl and the guy at the pond is like "where is your wheel loader dummy? everyone else brings their own!" Even at your own productions.. there are obviously people working inside. Wouldn't it be fair to assume one of them is a forklift driver? I mean.. I guess they could just move them around with a pallet jack but its equally as likely that there is a forklift on site (old forklifts aren't terribly hard to come by). I personally don't mind loading pallets and stuff but just because you are having them loaded for you doesn't mean you should automatically be branded as a cheater. Same could be said for a few other things in the game. Just because in some areas the game gives you the option to do it the hard way, doesn't mean you have to or even that it's done that way irl in all locations of the big world. Just do you. Have fun. Cheat.. don't cheat.. make crop circles if you want. Just have fun.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
PrincessJessi84

Speaking of moving products in game, I would give half my pancreas :lol: for a warehouse or production with an overhead crane, especially for the metal. The majority of my driving career was spent hauling coils and sheets of steel in and out of the St. Louis area and its always done that way. Back in or usually pull thru a loading bay and either an overhead operator in the bigger places or in the smaller places a guy with a remote controlling the crane just loads you up lickity split. Just tarp, strap or chain and hit the road. I think that would be buckets of fun in game!
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I use the CSZ big bag tool to pick up logs. This method actually made logging enjoyable.
Ignorance is bliss
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:51 am Speaking of moving products in game, I would give half my pancreas :lol: for a warehouse or production with an overhead crane, especially for the metal. The majority of my driving career was spent hauling coils and sheets of steel in and out of the St. Louis area and its always done that way. Back in or usually pull thru a loading bay and either an overhead operator in the bigger places or in the smaller places a guy with a remote controlling the crane just loads you up lickity split. Just tarp, strap or chain and hit the road. I think that would be buckets of fun in game!
Isn't steel coil the number one most dangerous freight? You slam on the brakes for some *$#%§* and the steel just rolls over your cab?

Back on topic ... "cheating" really is the wrong word for Farm Sim: There's no competitive element to the game (Well, apart from FSL, but less said the better!) even where people have their own "house rules", as many do, is it really "cheating" to get past a no-fun bit and onto what you really want?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
PrincessJessi84

Yea for the most part. Straps aren't really a thing. Those bad boys get chained. That is really the hardest part of it tho (for me). Being pretty small compared to most truckers, I always had to use a cheater pipe to get it locked on right. Braking isn't so bad as most trucks don't brake especially fast but anything that pulls some g-force like a solid collision will snap those heavy chains like straw. Of course the sheets aren't really any better. The trailers I pulled had nice solid bulk heads but we all knew that if those sheets come loose and slide, it will be similar to the coils but more of a slicing effect. Its pretty easy to think about now but on the road you don't really think about it any more than you think about going boom while hauling fuel tankers or other hazardous cargo. Too stressful.

And very well said on the other blue. Agreed 100%
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:41 pm Yea for the most part. Straps aren't really a thing. Those bad boys get chained. That is really the hardest part of it tho (for me). Being pretty small compared to most truckers, I always had to use a cheater pipe to get it locked on right. Braking isn't so bad as most trucks don't brake especially fast but anything that pulls some g-force like a solid collision will snap those heavy chains like straw. Of course the sheets aren't really any better. The trailers I pulled had nice solid bulk heads but we all knew that if those sheets come loose and slide, it will be similar to the coils but more of a slicing effect. Its pretty easy to think about now but on the road you don't really think about it any more than you think about going boom while hauling fuel tankers or other hazardous cargo. Too stressful.

And very well said on the other blue. Agreed 100%
Sooooo........your a truck driver in real life??
PrincessJessi84

Was.. I was an over the road truck driver yes among other things. I had fairly good careers. Now I am just a washed up has been with half a pancreas and a dying lung living life thru simulator games.
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:38 am Was.. I was an over the road truck driver yes among other things. I had fairly good careers. Now I am just a washed up has been with half a pancreas and a dying lung living life thru simulator games.
Oh im sorry to hear that. I hope you pull through
PrincessJessi84

No need to be sorry. All things considered I have a good life. I have a stable home and a family who loves me including my amazing wife. I have great entertainment at my fingertips and a lot of really awesome memories. Now it is the quiet life for me. I live a life of someone much older than me but I've grown accustomed and I am ok with it. I do miss being active and doing the things I love but honestly, games like FS and the other simulators out there, while not perfect, give me a really good outlet and a way to do some of the things I used to do. My setup is about the next best thing to being there when fully utilized. I am actually quite lucky I think.
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:37 am No need to be sorry. All things considered I have a good life. I have a stable home and a family who loves me including my amazing wife. I have great entertainment at my fingertips and a lot of really awesome memories. Now it is the quiet life for me. I live a life of someone much older than me but I've grown accustomed and I am ok with it. I do miss being active and doing the things I love but honestly, games like FS and the other simulators out there, while not perfect, give me a really good outlet and a way to do some of the things I used to do. My setup is about the next best thing to being there when fully utilized. I am actually quite lucky I think.
Well atleast you have a family and spouse that cares. I've learned to not complain about the situation just be content