Confession time..do you cheat logging?

hun3

Confession time..do you cheat logging?

Post by hun3 »

I just discovered you can just back into the pond and unload at the old mill. My desperate attempt to not cheat this time instantly fell apart. :biggrin2:

So how do you guys play? Do you pick up/unload every single tiny branch with a machines?
crash

Re: Confession time..do you cheat logging?

Post by crash »

Autoload trucks ftw... Still has 20hours on my save with 258 trees down, small and big..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

If i cant pick it up. The machines are hard to pick up logs unless you pick it up rightttt in the middle lol. Or a side panel on your desk or char lol
Ice_boii :gamer:
drokz077

Post by drokz077 »

I load 15 m logs with the butt n top claw of fdr machines i adjust the claw a bit so giants logs not glide out of the claw for unloading i drive into the pond or just drive into sell point
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Its hard when you use a-d to steer a loader on a laptop and with a lgging computer. Btw i do that on fs19
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

I wasn't fan of logging, but now I cannot stop playing Silverrun Forest :biggrin2:
The fact that now the tree harverster's head can align perfectly with the tree and it can grab it and you can immediately start cutting, it was something that was missing from the game.
Now, about the question, since I am not good at all to load the forwarders, then the only solution for me is to use an autoload mod, the Fliegl Timber Runner Autoload Wood ( https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022).
The Old Sawmill needs 110,000 L , so I cut trees 12M lenght and I need to drive 2-3 times at the Old Sawmill. If this is consider a cheat, well, then I am guilty :lol:

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Doing it all with machines.
Well, loading and unloading that is, as I use a chainsaw to cut the trees.
Just doing small-scale forestry during winter, with planting during spring/summer, depending on how much I have to do on the farm. Playing on Rennebu though, not silverun.

Newest piece of equipment is the 9660T-2, biggest tractor is a valtra 8000 series with 200something hp, though I have a "contractor" in with a 250 to plant a field with a few hundred pines.

I do thing I'm setting myself up for a lagfest, as I use the firewood processor, and have stockpiled the last winters production for a late summer/early fall sale.....
If I get problems because of that pile, I just have to sell earlier I guess 😁
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

I cant wait till i get a new computer that runs fs22!
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

The only "cheat" I use is the big bag handler to load, but I don't unload....I just use the sell wood trigger.
Weaponz248

Post by Weaponz248 »

Pre Platinum edition, I used autoload only.

Post Platinum Edition I load manually. I still unload with the trigger at the sell point. That will change once I get the big Volvo unloaded though.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Stuff I "cheat" on:

- Lumberjack mod for super strength to help moving trees around when they get hung on random stuff because the nothing has give that has collision
- Lumberjack mod for super strength to move pallets between things that don't autoload or direct sell (from trailer to train), this if farm sim, not forklift sim
- Lumberjack mod for removing stumps because they're hard to see and don't rot
- Autoload trailers as this is not forklift sim
- Autoload trailers as the log physics still *censored*. I tried loading trailers manually and the physics are still bad. As the devs even put in a base game autoload feature, I consider it more acceptable.

Anything the AI cannot do I don't feel bad about "cheating" on, especially when it is way more tedious the real life.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

hmm... only if something outside the realm of possible happens. I won't be punished over some weird physics. I use easy dev controls for roleplaying so I just use whatever tools are needed to keep things working as they should (probably one of the best and most underrated mods out right now imo). As to the pond, I just make sure I properly back in. I mean.. irl its what I would do. Get the logs to float and kick them out of my trailer. I certainly wouldn't sit there flapping about with some sort of loader in that situation. Otherwise I use machines to move anything over the weight limit, even at the other unloading stations. Pallets have been hard for me since the patch... specifically the metal. I can't use the new manitou because I can't operate it real well out of cab and so far I have had the original manitou send them into the great beyond several times. So I have been using a skid steer as best I can but it is really a poor substitute for a good forklift.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Dpk172

Post by Dpk172 »

I use the big bag handler. On console. And if necessary I will cheat some extra money to buy the best machinery.
And yess I take some extra sugar in my coffee to stay awake when playing late at night.
crash

Post by crash »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:24 am Pallets have been hard for me since the patch... specifically the metal. I can't use the new manitou because I can't operate it real well out of cab and so far I have had the original manitou send them into the great beyond several times. So I have been using a skid steer as best I can but it is really a poor substitute for a good forklift.
Whats up with pallets and the big bag lifter? Has it been like this all the time? The straps get stuck on the trailer.. I use the big manitou for steel pallets, 2 at a time... Or the one on modhub, with dual forks, so its two side by side.

But there is a bug that will throw any forklift up in the air and f#$& up everything randomly, so not sure what that is..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Dpk172 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:27 am I use the big bag handler. On console. And if necessary I will cheat some extra money to buy the best machinery.
And yess I take some extra sugar in my coffee to stay awake when playing late at night.
I just drink like three v8 energys and im good till next week. :shock:
I dont have any thing to confess. I role play a delivery company and i use a small fork lift.