Confession time..do you cheat logging?

PrincessJessi84

Re: Confession time..do you cheat logging?

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Wait crash, do you mean the lifter straps are grabbing the trailer as if it was an implement being strapped to a trailer?? That doesn't seem right... I mean... unless you want to haul a trailer with your trailer lol. I don't use it so I am not sure but yea I don't think thats right.

I would say its nice to know that its not just that one forklift launching like that but its not. It makes me sad as I hate moving pallets with anything other than the manitou but I hate seeing my pallets fly off the map even more.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

I use brucks, since I need to clean land fast from trees(making fields) and woodchips pay like 4 times more compared to other maps. And ofc lumberjack mod, since carrying logs with hand is much quicker than with other tools. JD feller buncher and that large tree harvester(700k+) have decent grapples, but still regular claws are awful. Even that huge Volvo claw is not that great.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
Dim67

Post by Dim67 »

I set up the yarder right on the shore next to the building with the cable going all the way up the hill. Cut a tree and send it down it will drop in the pond automatically, or when the mill is full just let them pile up in the pond. Very satisfying gameplay.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:07 am Wait crash, do you mean the lifter straps are grabbing the trailer as if it was an implement being strapped to a trailer?? That doesn't seem right... I mean... unless you want to haul a trailer with your trailer lol. I don't use it so I am not sure but yea I don't think thats right.
I know right!? But hey, on I-10 in duson, Louisiana theres a eighteen wheeler shop that has like four trailers stacked on top on each other. I dont think it moved since 2015 tho lol
Ice_boii :gamer:
Ffermwyr Cymru

Post by Ffermwyr Cymru »

Terex by blacksheep😀
FS15,17,19,22 ps4
Fs19,22 laptop
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

I use lumberjack strength to nudge logs if they get hung up on something. I also use it to do most of my stump grinding. Aside from that I'm enjoying using machines to harvest, load, unload etc.. It also helps that I'm using two joysticks and a steering wheel setup.
Dpk172

Post by Dpk172 »

ice_boii_1207 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:45 am
Dpk172 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:27 am I use the big bag handler. On console. And if necessary I will cheat some extra money to buy the best machinery.
And yess I take some extra sugar in my coffee to stay awake when playing late at night.
I just drink like three v8 energys and im good till next week. :shock:
I dont have any thing to confess. I role play a delivery company and i use a small fork lift.
I do role-playing too. I just loooove the new map and gameplay...
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

In between trying to master it…yes. I’m old enough my eye hand coordination isn’t as good as it once was, but I’m trying. I call it, hiring a professional. :biggrin2:
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Yes. I call it “hiring professional help.” Logging is dangerous. I want to live to farm another day.

And, I no longer have the good eye hand coordination I once enjoyed.

Sorry for the double post. My device lost connection and I started over.
Leezer

Post by Leezer »

If you're going to load every log and pallet by hand or with a forklift etc., then that is what you will be doing 90% of the time. Some people do seem to enjoy that.

If, like me, you don't much, then the Fleigl Timber Runner Autoload will entirely take care of logs, while any low-loader trailer (NOT bale trailer) can use the modhub autoload to also load all the new pallets - metal, floor tiles, long planks,pre-fab walls... It will then also auto-unload onto the train flatbed.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

I would be one of those mostly enjoying doing all the work myself 😁

Use a chainsaw to cut down and part up the trees, drag them out with an old zetor, then transport them to the farm with the Anderson trailer, loading, and unloading with the crane on it.
I am considering exchanging that trailer for the volvo forwarder further down the line.

I hardly use any ai at all after I have set the farm up, but I might let it loose on a field while I get the farm set up right, as we start in the fall, and have lots to do. But after that, I have yet to use the ai again....

I am though upgrading from my 1.2 metre plow now, aiming for one arround 1,5 - 2 meters 🤣

Just planted 900ish trees on Rennebu, so I'll have enough to do in a couple of years I guess.

The beauty of this game is that there isn't a right way and a wrong way to play it, as long as you're enjoying the time spent with it.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

I have found that picking up logs to transport them is still too much of a chore, so I use the Fliegl Autoload trailers. Even there they're a bit wonky, as when you tie down the load of logs the trailer tends to drift around a bit.

I've been surprised at how much fun I've had logging. I reckon it'll change the way I play going forward. Instead of cheating in a whole bunch of money to start my farm the way I want, I'll just log my way to my dream setup!
Wyldesystem

Post by Wyldesystem »

ice_boii_1207 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:46 pm If i cant pick it up. The machines are hard to pick up logs unless you pick it up rightttt in the middle lol. Or a side panel on your desk or char lol
I find the machines eazy to grab wood in tbis game...i can load and u load forwarder fairly eazily....no where even close to how bad it use to be launching logs into orbit lol
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Wyldesystem wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:20 am
ice_boii_1207 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:46 pm If i cant pick it up. The machines are hard to pick up logs unless you pick it up rightttt in the middle lol. Or a side panel on your desk or char lol
I find the machines eazy to grab wood in tbis game...i can load and u load forwarder fairly eazily....no where even close to how bad it use to be launching logs into orbit lol
For real? I guess fs22 got better with the logging. Also a center pivot loader isnt good when using a-d to steer lol. It shoots it out the side!
Ice_boii :gamer:
Wyldesystem

Post by Wyldesystem »

ice_boii_1207 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:37 am
Wyldesystem wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:20 am
For real? I guess fs22 got better with the logging. Also a center pivot loader isnt good when using a-d to steer lol. It shoots it out the side!
I have been playing since fs15.....and never have i ever been ablr to load logs with the ponsse......always some crazy glitched action happened.....tried in every game since.....now i can load them up easily and unload....although it still isnt perfect its a huge improvment....use to take me an hour to try and load a few logs in the older games.....now i can do a few full loads roadside an hour on the ponsse with no issues at all....unloading could be tuned a little bit more but still i can do it no problem.....definitly could not do it in older games....