No Contracts - All Are Disappearing

Eddie42

No Contracts - All Are Disappearing

Post by Eddie42 »

Greetings all,

I am new to FS and FS22. I have about 100hrs played (Steam/PC). Recently, I have not be able to secure contracts. When I began the game, I had more contracts available than time in the day. I had to pick and choose. however now I can barely get one contract on a day.

When I open the contract panel it is blank. On occasion there is a couple contracts, and i can start to select one and it will disappear. If i get lucky and find 5 contracts, I can secure one or two before they disappear. Once i have the contract accepted, I have no issue completing and getting paid, my issue is that there is nothing to pick from.

I have tried using the "Better Contract" mod, and it too shows no contracts available. If I select the 'new contracts' button to regenerate them, nothing happens. One time I saw a single contract flash on the screen. Wasn't even there for a full second.

In my internet searches, I found that v1.5 had some contract issues that behave like what I am seeing, however, I am fully patched. I believe that means I am on 1.8. I have the new platinum expansion downloaded, but do not start my map with it selected. I am on Elm Creek (first time player). The only other mods I have are a "CLAAS XERION SADDLE TRAC Pack" that came with the purchase/bundle, and a measurement mod. Both were present when contracts were working fine.

Greatly appreciate any help from this community. I was enjoying the game a lot, but the prospect of having nothing to make money except wait 6 months for a harvest is honestly a little disappointing.

I did also create a bug report through the feedback.giants-software.com

Eddie

EDIT: I found the saved backups, and pulled them into save files #2 and #3 for different times. Even my saves files are doing it. I had a bad contract I picked up and abandoned (weeding a field, but it was potatoes...equipment rental was a weeder not a Hoe, so there was no chance). I thought maybe that abandoned mission might have caused something, but my save file from many days ago didnt fix it.

Tried creating a new clean game, just selected a blank slot and loaded a new Elm Creek...contracts are vaporizing as I watch.
CEH

Re: No Contracts - All Are Disappearing

Post by CEH »

Hello Eddie,

I am also having the same issue on console. This issue started occurring after patch 1.15. I've submitted several tickets to Giants about this issue. They close the tickets and ignore them. Here is a link for other people with the same issue. viewtopic.php?f=963&t=191948

I wish I had a solution to this problem.

Sincerely,
CEH
Eddie42

Post by Eddie42 »

I have read through that thread...Its really strange how sporadic it is, not effecting everyone.

Attempted a fresh install through steam tonight, same result. Loaded a new map on Haut-Beyleron, same result.

Guess this game gets shelved for a while, super disappointed that a core mechanic is this broken.
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

If you are using seasons, change the days per month to something longer than 1 day. Plus if you are using the better contracts mod you need to edit the xml file that comes with it to turn on 'lazy contractors' for each contract type.

Caution, better contracts glitches out on the Silverrun Forest map. Hopefully they update the mod at some point for the new contract types.
Eddie42

Post by Eddie42 »

I am using seasons, currently at 3 days per month, and 5x time.

This issue persists with or without the better contracts mod. I wasnt using it when this happened. I downloaded it in the hopes that the "generate new contracts" feature would spark something, but it did not.
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

Eddie42 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:29 am I am using seasons, currently at 3 days per month, and 5x time.

This issue persists with or without the better contracts mod. I wasnt using it when this happened. I downloaded it in the hopes that the "generate new contracts" feature would spark something, but it did not.
Don't forget to turn on 'lazy NPC's' with the better contracts mod. You have to manually do that in the xml.
Eddie42

Post by Eddie42 »

Gave it shot....same results
Eddie42

Post by Eddie42 »

Finally got some action on my feedback/bug ticket, and I have to say it was disappointing.

Ticket states: The only mods i have are the Better Contacts and a measurement mod. This issue persists whether I load the mods in or not.

Feedback: Please try to reproduce this issue without any mods installed.

And then they closed my ticket, without a chance to respond.

Really wish I could get my money back. I dont know what is broken, and it seems to be fairly isolated (not seeing others posts), but my experience has been poor in interacting with Giants.
ctb123

Post by ctb123 »

Is your game up to date? There was a problem with contracts a patch or 2 ago. You might tell Steam to verify your FS22 install.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

How many Days per Month are you playing? A lot of people find even with mods like Better Contracts that if you play 1 Day Per Month the AI will work it's own fields and hence the contracts disappear. With more days the AI kind of relaxes a bit as it knows it has more time to complete work, which means contracts.

Another thing to try is going to the save game folder and manually deleting the missions.xml file. This ensures next time you start the game it'll have to make and write a new one. This means if you have or had any bad data left over in the file from previous versions of the game, or previous versions of mods, this will get removed and let the game create and enter new data correctly. Players report this often helps with those contracts that just vanish after you have hit accept on them.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Eddie42

Post by Eddie42 »

Game is fully up to date

It was working great for the first 100hrs I played it. Using 3 days per month, with seasons. I dont really use "better contracts", i just grabbed it to see if the 'make new contracts' button it has would help....it does not. When all this began, I wasnt using any mods or DLC beyond the base game.

Attempted to remove the missions.xml file from my save - took steam offline to break the cloud restoration. No new contracts generated. Also a part of my attempts to fix this, i found the folder of archived saves. I copied that into an empty save slot, and it loaded. However, whatever contacts were saved at that moment slowly started to disappear for no reason.

This morning I also re-tried a new game. Offline on Steam. New save slot. Elm Creek. no mods. Game loaded, opened the contracts page - there are 6 contracts (1 Seeding, 1 fertilize, 4 spraying). Withing 1 minute of real-world time, that this was down to 2 (all the spraying contacts went away one by one). I didnt touch anything, I didnt even move my avatar from the load spot, I didnt accept or decline a contract. All i did was open the panel, and watch. This now happens every time, guaranteed.
Fatlizard

Post by Fatlizard »

Sorry @Eddie42 for the trivial question but, with the Better Contracts mod (last published a couple of days ago) 1.2.6.2 have you entered its game menu icon and selected Activated on the voice LAZY Farmers ? and all the types of contracts after that ? ... Image
... I use this mod since Giants has messed up all contracts' thing (1.5. Patch) and I've not modified any xml file since the GUI interface of the mod was integrated... and all the Contracts remain active.
Don't remember if you must change (or skip )the day in game before the Mod becames active ... :hmm:
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

You must advance a game day for any changes within Better Contracts or any attempts at self user fix such as deleting the missions.xml to have any effect. The game will generate new contracts at the start of the day if none are existing (such as when you've removed the missions.xml or used the clear contract button in Better Contracts) sometime however you need to wait for the change of month to occur so that map goes through a growth cycle change and update and then generates new contracts as fields and crops change state.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Eddie42

Post by Eddie42 »

Admittedly, I haven't tried to advance the game a day or a month. But this isn't tied to some save file. It happens on a fresh game. I can literally start a new map, immediately open the contracts page, and watch them disappear. It takes 20 seconds.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Just chiming in- this hasn't ever really been resolved. I'm on PS5 playing Griffin IN with PF installed, on 4 day months. Some contracts sit until I work them, some disappear while I'm reading them. The only reason I stopped complaining was my farm has matured to the point I don't NEED contracts for income. Not sure I would start a new map, though...
Old fat guy with a day job...