Silage Fermenting Time Suggestion

Antares_skorpion

Silage Fermenting Time Suggestion

Post by Antares_skorpion »

Hey all,

So, I have a question about the silage time it takes to ferment silage bales. Yes, I already realized that they dont ferment instantly apart from contracts and take around 48h in normal if you bale from your own crops.

My question is that it takes 48h regardless of the season cycle settings. If I have the season settings to 1 day = 1 Month, means that a bale takes 2 months to ferment. I dont think this makes much sense and the fermentation period should scale up or down. With 1 day per month, It should take 1 day max to ferment.

Thoughts?
cheechako

Re: Silage Fermenting Time Suggestion

Post by cheechako »

IRL, it can take one or two months. So, 48 hours in the default game settings. It would make sense if it took a month regardless of the days per month settings. This is how productions work. Instead, adding days per month means silage will be ready in less than the somewhat realistic two months required.
Antares_skorpion

Post by Antares_skorpion »

cheechako wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:29 pm IRL, it can take one or two months. So, 48 hours in the default game settings. It would make sense if it took a month regardless of the days per month settings. This is how productions work. Instead, adding days per month means silage will be ready in less than the somewhat realistic two months required.
It can, but as far as I'm a ware, it's certainly not the norm. From what I have heard, including the info provided by the ads of the RL wrappers featured in game, it usually takes from 3 weeks to 1 month. So, if Giants was indeed replicating a realistic time, why would they not go with the typical time instead of the exception.

And yes, i agree that if you do play with longer season settings, it should also reflect that.

What I have not tested yet is if the fermentation time varies with bale size, is it the case?
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

Giants defaults to one-day per month. I guess they wanted it to take a bit longer than one month. Two months might not be the norm or average, but it still fits reality. Again, the only thing I find odd is that it doesn't scale with the days per month.

And I really doubt the game accounts for how much is in a bale or bunker.

By the way, contract bales ferment immediately. I haven't tested this, but rumor is that all bales ferment immediately when a silage baling contract is active.