Meat production on official Modhub

CobblerFarms

Meat production on official Modhub

Post by CobblerFarms »

Just thinking about #farmingsimulator22πŸ€”

If unavailebility of meat production in official modhub is caused by #PEGI rating 3, that is basically really wrong. This kind of ruling abduct children just more from the reality where food on the supermarket comes from.🀨

That said, maybe this is in par with that. I live on arctic area. So during this festive season this can also be as shocking to some adults:

Reindeers are only breeded as meat and souvenirs☝️nothing elseπŸ˜…Sorry Rudolf🦌πŸ”ͺπŸ₯©πŸ¦΄πŸ˜‚
ice_boii_1207

Re: Meat production on official Modhub

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Are reindeer real? I probably sound like a complete fool right now, but I could have swarn they were real
Ice_boii :gamer:
CobblerFarms

Post by CobblerFarms »

Of course they are realπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

They are meat providers. Just like cows and pigsπŸ˜…but taste much betterπŸ˜‹actually reindeer meat is pretty expensive. Around 10x more than cow meat
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Ok lol. Ive never heard of reindeer meat lol. I thought you were joking haha. Maybe santa upgraded to a car. One day when he realized reindeer tasted goodπŸ˜πŸŽ…πŸ½
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

I don't get it - you can breed animals (I know its wrong in FS22 tho - asexually) - and then sell fully grown animals. That's what a farmer does in real life. So you can simulate it.
CobblerFarms

Post by CobblerFarms »

Well, same thing as in other production chainsπŸ˜…
Farmers grow and sell grain, don't make flour or breadπŸ˜‚

Issue is that in animals, production chain ends in selling the animals, no bacon or lovely steakπŸ˜€
johnlinden

Post by johnlinden »

I'm with Cobbler Farms, I look forward to the game to focus on animals , thier health care, male calves, cleaning the barns just to name a few. Looking after animals is a huge part of farming, it should be a huge part of this game, later all.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

The production chains addition(s) add another dimension to the game but do seem somewhat superfluous to the core of farming. So if they're incomplete or deliberately dumbed down for the kids, I'm not bothered. What does disappoint me, though, is the counterintuitive way animals have been implemented in the game. For example.....in real life, sheep eat silage and barley; and TMR. And you can't control animal numbers because they just breed if you leave them be (ie, if you have the food supply for 10 sheep, but have a 20 sheep pen, you can't just keep 10 sheep...) Also the numbers are completely out of whack - I know its unbalanced but if its too far out its just weird to try work it all out.

I am hoping for FS24 or whatever the next, to have a big update here. But I won't be holding my breath.....
CobblerFarms

Post by CobblerFarms »

That is so true.

I miss FS19 seasons animal handling. Maybe there will come somekind of seasons add-on to bring back features from realismus seasons, like ground temperature
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Again, the game is rated E for a reason πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

ice_boii_1207 wrote: ↑Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:30 pm Again, the game is rated E for a reason πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
The animal system in fs19 was way more realistic than this years "feed em and forgetem" ....even the chickens made a mess....the only thing that bothered me in 19 was the sheep, chickens and horses were permanently constipated
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Has anyone officially commented on this or is it assumed. Just curious because it’s not like there’s a ton of these mods available for pc either. Perhaps no one has tried or put forward a high enough quality mod to make it on the hub. Is anyone aware of a production like this for pc that works well? But yeah I agree with what others have said animals need a ton of love outside of productions for starters.
CobblerFarms

Post by CobblerFarms »

No Giants have not commented. I believe PEGI is also the reason why we have grapejuice and not wine n the official modhubπŸ€”
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

Actually I'll give Giants a chance here. I believe they could have made animals more realistic, but chose not to. They know their audience, they know where the sales/cash occurs. They dumbed it down to appeal to the 12-15yr old kids and gave enough variety to try broaden its appeal for maximum sales/profit but at some point, the two conflict.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Decriptus wrote: ↑Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:47 pm
ice_boii_1207 wrote: ↑Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:30 pm Again, the game is rated E for a reason πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
The animal system in fs19 was way more realistic than this years "feed em and forgetem" ....even the chickens made a mess....the only thing that bothered me in 19 was the sheep, chickens and horses were permanently constipated
Yea i know right that *censored* for themπŸ˜‚