Playing remotely with Playstation controller. can be done?

SonoKinoko

Playing remotely with Playstation controller. can be done?

Post by SonoKinoko »

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to set up to play FS22 remotely, but I can't make the controller (specifically, a PS5 one, but I have the same issue on PS4).

I have the game on PC, bought directly from website. I'm using a controller emulator (DualSenseX)

So far I've tried:
1. remote play with moonlight, remote somehow works, but afterwards it mess up the controller config on PC. Also, this works only on the same network, as I cannot figure out how to set up fully remote connection.

2.Remote play trough Steam, as "non steam game", it doesn't recognise the L1/R1 key combo. I can only drive and turn, without any other command. I think the controller emulator is not properly running in this case.
Does anyone knows if I buy the game native within steam, the controller will read properly?

Somebody mention to me that Remote Steam works, but controller shows as Xbox one. any way to solve this?

3.other remote controller, such as Teamviewer, do not support controllers at all.

thanks
Dpk172

Re: Playing remotely with Playstation controller. can be done?

Post by Dpk172 »

Hi.
I play ets 2 on steam with my ps4 controller but it works only with cable. In some way steam doesn't recognize remote ps4. I also have tried numerous things. Nothing seems to work.
So I guess the only option you have is buying a long controller cable. I did it and It all worked out fine 🙂
wheelmansteve

Re: Playing remotely with Playstation controller. can be done?

Post by wheelmansteve »

Not sure if this is helpful, but even for fully supported PS Remote Play, the controller has to be connected via USB. (DS4>USB>PC>Remote Play App>PS5...)
Old fat guy with a day job...