Logs still not stable. Physics not fixed!

bossmanslim

Re: Logs still not stable. Physics not fixed!

Post by bossmanslim »

njuska11 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:04 pm In a nutshell simplified answer is what i can give you:

There is no engine on the market that can do all things that are currently available and happening in farm sim without sacrificing some of the features, modding and optimisation
While true, someone has to innovate in this space and because Giants has basically no competition, Giants is allowed to continue their mediocre level of development.

The Snowrunner team took a swing at it, but their engine still needs loads of work to be a true farming sim game based on their most recent DLC.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Sadly I have not played a game that does tree felling any justice. Hopefully one day Giants or someone else will see fit to put some serious time into things like this because game tree physics are just terrible.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

It is really bad. I tried again yesterday, loaded a load of logs, strapped it down because trees were shaking and starting to fall of the trailer by themselves…when strapped…the trailer flipped over without me touching it. This is gamebreaking and should be fixed asap!
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Lazarus99 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:49 am
njuska11 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:05 am New engine is never going to happen. Its have been debated almost a decade and even stegei himself explained multiple times why they cannot use a different engine. Its pointless to discuss that at this point. Existing engine can be improved but giants lack staff to do so. They cant fill programmer job positions mostly beacuse they want you to move to germany instead work from home.
So what's stingys reasons?
His excuse was that no existing engine does everything needed for this game. So rather than put in the effort to expand on a modern engine, benefiting from modern technology, he'd rather stick with the Giants engine, which is likely full of spaghetti code by now.

I guess he doesn't realize that the Giants engine doesn't do everything needed for this game either.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:03 pm
Lazarus99 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:49 am
njuska11 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:05 am New engine is never going to happen. Its have been debated almost a decade and even stegei himself explained multiple times why they cannot use a different engine. Its pointless to discuss that at this point. Existing engine can be improved but giants lack staff to do so. They cant fill programmer job positions mostly beacuse they want you to move to germany instead work from home.
So what's stingys reasons?
His excuse was that no existing engine does everything needed for this game. So rather than put in the effort to expand on a modern engine, benefiting from modern technology, he'd rather stick with the Giants engine, which is likely full of spaghetti code by now.

I guess he doesn't realize that the Giants engine doesn't do everything needed for this game either.
Someone could make some good money if they made an engine that could do it all......or maybe theres better margins in patchwork games and DLCs