Logs still not stable. Physics not fixed!

Burekcina

Logs still not stable. Physics not fixed!

Post by Burekcina »

The logging physics are still pretty bad it seems. Loading a trailer full of logs just to see them jump and twitch around is a game breaker. Trees standing in place when they were cut...Harvester and forwarder tipped over during normal operation because tree collisions are worse then ever. If you look at the collision mask using F5...all the log collisions are misplaced and not aligned to the actual log.

Is there a fix for this on the way? I think this should be fixed before releasing a "platinum" edition.

And to put a cherry on top...we get an article and a video about Volvo trucks which are also badly made..they drive like arcade toys...not to mention the vehicle mirrors in this game...useless and worse than most driving games 15 years ago. Also they flicker on most machines!

RANT OVER. And please don't comment about my whining, moaning, ranting, and other meaningless things. If you don't have anything constructive to add to the thread please move on.
bossmanslim

Re: Logs still not stable. Physics not fixed!

Post by bossmanslim »

Giants isn't going to fix the tree issues because it will take extensive rework of the game engine. A lot of the tree issues would be fixed if trees had some flex and squishiness to them, but they don't and won't.

The Volvo trucks drive better than the MAN truck, but the tandems have issues because the 5th wheel is set behind the center of the tandems; causing the front end to push when the truck is loaded. This is a fairly simple fix, but I doubt they'll fix it.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

bossmanslim wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:49 pm Giants isn't going to fix the tree issues because it will take extensive rework of the game engine. A lot of the tree issues would be fixed if trees had some flex and squishiness to them, but they don't and won't.

The Volvo trucks drive better than the MAN truck, but the tandems have issues because the 5th wheel is set behind the center of the tandems; causing the front end to push when the truck is loaded. This is a fairly simple fix, but I doubt they'll fix it.
I think you covered pretty much. If you try to play with this machines like they are used in irl you will get a hard time beacuse logs dont behave not even remotely close like logs irl. Their physics is simply wrong which i understand beacuse this is a farm sim not a forestry sim only reason why we have forestry its beacuse it was a very popular mod in fs13 so giants decided to implement it in fs15. Game engine needs an overhaul to fix the logs (bales too). It might happen for the next game who knows but for this one it is like it is and it wont be fixed period. Most ppl opt for an autoload logs beacuse they cant be bothered which is sad. Why model and make all of this log loading machinery just to see players use an autoload mod so they can skip a painfull process of loading logs manually
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

Yeah I was pretty excited about this DLC and I wrongly thought physics had been improved but the more I play the more bugs I'm finding, grapples, straps, trees, containers, map textures. To be fair no issues with the winch or yarders that I've found (yet).
Duff7

Post by Duff7 »

The biggest problem with trees is the oversized colliders. FDR logging made his own trees on his maps that work much better. Trees can be much better without extensive game engine rework. His grapples and log forks work better too. The volvo pallet forks also have the collider too big and when you pick up a pallet there is a 50/50 chance everything will fly off somewhere.

Edit: funny thing happened to me when I started my Silverun game. I bumped my truck with one of the small trees and my fps went down to 2-3 fps, the tree disappeared, and I have no idea what happened to the truck. It went into orbit or something. Only option was to load a backup save.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Duff7 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:04 pm The biggest problem with trees is the oversized colliders. FDR logging made his own trees on his maps that work much better. Trees can be much better without extensive game engine rework. His grapples and log forks work better too. The volvo pallet forks also have the collider too big and when you pick up a pallet there is a 50/50 chance everything will fly off somewhere.

Edit: funny thing happened to me when I started my Silverun game. I bumped my truck with one of the small trees and my fps went down to 2-3 fps, the tree disappeared, and I have no idea what happened to the truck. It went into orbit or something. Only option was to load a backup save.
I don't like when it does that lol. Everything flies somewhere and you gotta start searching lol
Ice_boii :gamer:
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

What do you think is more important to them, fixing or selling?
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

Well the lack of fixing is starting to affect the selling, this is the first year I haven't bought a seasons pass or all of the DLC's and based on bugs people are reporting I don't regret it.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

It's sad when modders can make their own trees that work better but Giants cant get their cow pies figured out. Also, the comment about the physics being off because its logging in a farming game, I feel like the physics are off in every aspect. The behaviors of the machines may look and act right in certain instances, but it's not "good". If you have any experience with large machinery and even passenger vehicles, nothing acts like real life. Everything is on rails and wonky. Everything has all wheel drive, it just *censored*. Maybe the coaster was added as it utilizes the physics the best....
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Giants probably know that they should rework their game engine or even get a better game engine for the next FS installment, because players are either not buying DLCs (less money for them) or players buy DLCs, but get disappointed with game physics and regret their purchase (again less money in the future for them).
So overall, better game engine with more realistic machines behavior and ground response (mud, getting stuck, sink into the soil etc) would be very welcome.
Yes, it require some money investment, but considering that they sold over 4 millions of copy for 30€ (if we count only base game, without any dlc or platinum edition) thats at least 120 millions € which should be enough to improve next game and get satisfied customers (more money, return investment and earn even more).
Just go and read negative reviews on the Steam and you will see that almost all reviews are pretty similar and explaining why new game engine is needed.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

New engine is never going to happen. Its have been debated almost a decade and even stegei himself explained multiple times why they cannot use a different engine. Its pointless to discuss that at this point. Existing engine can be improved but giants lack staff to do so. They cant fill programmer job positions mostly beacuse they want you to move to germany instead work from home.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

njuska11 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:05 am New engine is never going to happen. Its have been debated almost a decade and even stegei himself explained multiple times why they cannot use a different engine. Its pointless to discuss that at this point. Existing engine can be improved but giants lack staff to do so. They cant fill programmer job positions mostly beacuse they want you to move to germany instead work from home.
So what's stingys reasons?
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Lazarus99 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:49 am
njuska11 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:05 am New engine is never going to happen. Its have been debated almost a decade and even stegei himself explained multiple times why they cannot use a different engine. Its pointless to discuss that at this point. Existing engine can be improved but giants lack staff to do so. They cant fill programmer job positions mostly beacuse they want you to move to germany instead work from home.
In a nutshell simplified answer is what i can give you:

There is no engine on the market that can do all things that are currently available and happening in farm sim without sacrificing some of the features, modding and optimisation
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

njuska11 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:04 pm
Lazarus99 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:49 am
In a nutshell simplified answer is what i can give you:

There is no engine on the market that can do all things that are currently available and happening in farm sim without sacrificing some of the features, modding and optimisation
Is the engine the same one that is used in mud runner?
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

No giants engine is only used in farm sim