Iron mine- missed opportunity? or future expansion?

Crashmac

Iron mine- missed opportunity? or future expansion?

Post by Crashmac »

So, I've spent a few hours on Silverrun now and visually it's quite a nice map, "most" sell points are nicely detailed and realistic including a great iron ore mine compete with abandoned rail line. Seems to me that using lumber and Iron to build railway ties and rails and re-open the rail line and allow you to ship iron ore by train would have been a nice logical feature.
deerefarm

Re: Iron mine- missed opportunity? or future expansion?

Post by deerefarm »

I agree I was hoping that the old "ore" mine would have been a construction feature like the boat year and rollercoaster were. But I guess Giant's figured that by giving us the new ore facility for free it wasn't needed. I would have loved to see the old ore carts in action and slowly dropping off ore at a certain point.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Hi crash. Is there a tunnel in to the mine or is it blocked off like most mine maps?
Ice_boii :gamer:
Latokulma

Post by Latokulma »

ice_boii_1207 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:21 am Hi crash. Is there a tunnel in to the mine or is it blocked off like most mine maps?
It´s blocked. The SilverRun is very nice map in my opinion too, but economy might be too easy even in hard settings for me. I think it´s very weird that mine gives iron ore for free.
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

ice_boii_1207 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:21 am Hi crash. Is there a tunnel in to the mine or is it blocked off like most mine maps?
There is a tunnel, you can go in a short way but its blocked not far in.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Crashmac wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:49 pm
There is a tunnel, you can go in a short way but its blocked not far in.
Aww. I i wish you could go in. But........it aint gold rush sim so i wont complain lol. Can't wait to try silverrun forest! And thanks crash for your info
Ice_boii :gamer:
Dim67

Post by Dim67 »

And why this map is called SILVERrun is totally beyond me. IRONrun? WOODrun? FORESTrun? COASTERrun? RIVERrun?
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

It's Giants Software, you shouldn't be surprised.
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

Dim67 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:33 pm And why this map is called SILVERrun is totally beyond me. IRONrun? WOODrun? FORESTrun? COASTERrun? RIVERrun?
I guess you don't travel... You ever been to Apple Valley California? and I hope your not looking for any apples to eat... hahaha :lol:
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
Katra

Post by Katra »

Dim67 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:33 pm And why this map is called SILVERrun is totally beyond me. IRONrun? WOODrun? FORESTrun? COASTERrun? RIVERrun?
silver can be a metaphor for the river streams, additionally forest management is called silviculture.
Farmer525

Post by Farmer525 »

Latokulma wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:03 am
It´s blocked. The SilverRun is very nice map in my opinion too, but economy might be too easy even in hard settings for me. I think it´s very weird that mine gives iron ore for free.
Agreed on the idea of a further production and it being too easy to make money on Silverun. I was actually dissapointed at how easy it was to build the roller coaster and that it really didn't take too many trees (I think I only bought 3 or 4 plots of land?)
Proudly playing since FS13