Mower is harvester?

kansas_dude

Mower is harvester?

Post by kansas_dude »

Is there a way I can keep mowers from harvesting my field?

at first, I thought it was my mod mowers (white, black (which is electric), the amazone)...so I tried the base game mower and that still harvests
ice_boii_1207

Re: Mower is harvester?

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Oh my God ive never seen that before! Maybe a bug happened. I'm going to have to try to do that.
Ice_boii :gamer:
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

I think the best way to keep them from harvesting your fields, is to NOT drive a mower into the field, but maybe a harvester instead...? Just a thought :hi:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yes puerile people mow that crop irl and chop it, so it is understandable the mowers would work in there.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

That's not harvesting the crop. It is collecting straw.
kansas_dude

Post by kansas_dude »

is there a way to get the mowers to ignore fields with press of a button?
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

JensChrDK wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:43 pm I think the best way to keep them from harvesting your fields, is to NOT drive a mower into the field, but maybe a harvester instead...? Just a thought :hi:
This.
kansas_dude

Post by kansas_dude »

JensChrDK wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:43 pm I think the best way to keep them from harvesting your fields, is to NOT drive a mower into the field, but maybe a harvester instead...? Just a thought :hi:
kinda hard to do with this mower
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job or anything, but there's a slight chance that mower is a tiny bit oversized for that job.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

kansas_dude wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:31 pm
Well, one can always do it the troublesome way, instead of just turning the switch to ON.. You know, the switch that controls the brain. Because that's not a field you are mowing - from my school-english, I would call that the verge, or the ditch maybe, but not a field. So once again, use a harvester on the oat field, maybe use the Amazone for that verge, and then keep the Krone on big grass fields.. :shock: *thumbsup*
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

JensChrDK wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:24 pm
kansas_dude wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:31 pm
Well, one can always do it the troublesome way, instead of just turning the switch to ON.. You know, the switch that controls the brain. Because that's not a field you are mowing - from my school-english, I would call that the verge, or the ditch maybe, but not a field. So once again, use a harvester on the oat field, maybe use the Amazone for that verge, and then keep the Krone on big grass fields.. :shock: *thumbsup*
Ummm......where you from? You grow crops in a ditch? He's saying that the field gets mowed. But yea, maybe try a smaller mower
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Ice_boii - I can only imagine how much you have read of the whole thread, since you haven't seen where I'm from.. :zunge:
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

Kansas_dude....Why would you drive a mower over a grown field? If you drive a mower over crops in real life...guess what...it gets mowed!

Driving machinery requires some knowledge and skill to operate properly. Farming simulator is dumbed down and easy enough and a feature like you are suggesting would dumb it down a little bit more.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

JensChrDK wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:52 pm Ice_boii - I can only imagine how much you have read of the whole thread, since you haven't seen where I'm from.. :zunge:
I read fhe whole thing lol. Im just picking at you about the ditch
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

ice_boii_1207 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:35 am
JensChrDK wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:52 pm Ice_boii - I can only imagine how much you have read of the whole thread, since you haven't seen where I'm from.. :zunge:
I read fhe whole thing lol. Im just picking at you about the ditch
If you want to be smart about growing crops in a ditch, let me teach you something. Some farmers let that grass grow in the ditch then come mow and bale and feed it to their cattle, so yes people can grow a crop in s ditch.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.