Crane issues on MAN TGX26.640

JKeller Farming

Crane issues on MAN TGX26.640

Post by JKeller Farming »

While using the MAN TGX 26.640 truck with rear mounted crane I noticed that when the crane folds up it started acting squirrely. The crane's boom folds back on itself as normal but it seems the grapple strikes the boom, starts shaking, and then the top boom appears below the lower boom and the crane extends outward, shoving the grapple into the ground. Unfolding from there causes the crane to raise again, with the grapple ending up on top of the cab. I tried resetting it to the shop but same thing happens while I attempt fold/unfold in the parking lot, even after exiting and reloading game save same thing.
Not sure if this is happening with forwarders as well, or any piece of equipment with a grapple.

I'm on PC, auto updates through Steam.
Just a desktop farmer living the life in Griffin, IN
Dreiviertel

Re: Crane issues on MAN TGX26.640

Post by Dreiviertel »

Some mods also have issues since the latest patch. Looks like Giants reconfigured the simple crane controls and messed things up.
Wenn er mal groß ist, will ich so sein wie ich.
[Ralph Wiggum]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS5 Farmer
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

This should be labeled "giants doesn't know how to physic"
JKeller Farming

Post by JKeller Farming »

Got rid of the truck and decided to try a forwarder. Worked OK until it was full; grapple acted like a magnet and destabilized the load, almost dumping the forwarder. While loading logs bounced in the grapple like a paddleball. Going to try smaller loads and placing them in a truck (or anything that does not have a grapple attached) to see if I can reduce my frustration.

I don't want my play sessions turning into an episode of Ax Men.
Just a desktop farmer living the life in Griffin, IN