New to farming simulator = need help

NickH

New to farming simulator = need help

Post by NickH »

Hello, i am totally new to Farming Simulator.

Is there a way to speed up activities? If you need to wait until your helper has fully done the job you'll have to sit by the computer for a half hour...

Is it possible to use helpers to do jobs in forestry? Can you make them cut or process logs? Or is it in forestry only possible to make them drive somewhere?
Latokulma

Re: New to farming simulator = need help

Post by Latokulma »

Hi, there are no ways to speed up helpers. Farming simulator is not strategy game where you are only supposed to manage your farm, in FS you are meant to do work by yourself.. If you don't want to, FS is not game for you. And no, it is not possibly to use helpers to cut down trees or process them.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I have been managing my farms and workers since FS 17, Courseplay + Autodrive + lots of recorded work courses for each field named by their number and voila, record a course to the field entrance with Autodrive and send a worker, load a desired course from Courseplay folder for that field and thats it...so yeah, FS can be a farm manager game if you know how to use Courseplay + Autodrive, youtube is full of tutorials for people interested in this way of playing.
Is there a way to speed up activities? If you need to wait until your helper has fully done the job you'll have to sit by the computer for a half hour...
Buy bigger tractor/harvester, buy bigger working tool (bigger width), go watch on youtube how to use Courseplay, you can send 2-3 workers on the same course, it is quite easy once you learn it and very enjoyable to watch others work for you.

Image Image
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

There are mods that will speed up your farming. Some with high capacity some with high working speed and some with massive widths. You just need to find the ones that you want to use.
Spardose

Post by Spardose »

Well, FS is a rather slow game, but while your worker is doing one job you could do another, maybe a contract.

In the end it depends on your playstyle, you can play it as a farm manager game as shown by Bojanh66 or you decide you want to do everything yourself and spend a lot of time doing one job/field etc. I prefer the later but you have to find your way
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

NickH wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:09 am
Hello, welcome to the forum and welcome to Farming Simulator. I would like to suggest you something and is up to you to decide and choose. I think the first thing you should do is to study the tutorials (there is a big difference between Read and Study).
These tutorials will help you understand the various aspects of the game. After you 'll be familiar with the game, then you could investigate deeper, for example, which mods will help you speed up productions, which mods will help you be more efficient etc.
Just give it time, take it step by step and you will be OK.
This is my suggestion. As I said is up to you to decide. Don't forget is your game and you and only you can decide how you want to play Farming Simulator, and you and only you can decide your own game style.
I never claim I am correct, this is just my personal opinion. Is absolutely up to you.
Of course, the members of this forum will always be ready to answer any question you will might have and they will be ready to help you with any problem you will might face. Don't hesitate to ask anything.

Farming Simulator Academy: Tutorial Overview
https://www.farming-simulator.com/newsA ... ews_id=280

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Hi
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:14 pmHi
He speaks!!!
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

Lazarus99 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:24 pm
He speaks!!!
To be fair, I think that may have been an accidental squeak ;)
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

TheGazbeard wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:27 pm
Lazarus99 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:24 pm
He speaks!!!
To be fair, I think that may have been an accidental squeak ;)
My grandma does that when she walks up too many steps lol
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

The big bearded man comes from no were. But, Hi
Ice_boii :gamer: