Post by iwan073 »

Sense
No<>Sense
Ignorance is bliss
empato

Re: season pass 2

Post by empato »

iwan073 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:19 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:11 pm DLC is no more than a fancy name for mods in my opinion. Take the Porsche junior for an example how does that differ from any other mod apart from the fact you have to pay for it.
It's content from GIANTS, so no mod. It's downloadable, so DLC. Nothing fancy about it. It's just the name of what it is.

Unless you think Goldfish is just a fancy name for a fish ;)
As per your definition the P&H DLC can`t be a DLC but is a mod, because it`s no content from Giants :confusednew:
And by the way, every mod is a DLC in the original meaning, because every mod is downloadable content.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:11 pm DLC is no more than a fancy name for mods in my opinion. Take the Porsche junior for an example how does that differ from any other mod apart from the fact you have to pay for it.
It's content from GIANTS, so no mod. It's downloadable, so DLC. Nothing fancy about it. It's just the name of what it is.

This is also one of many example of content released by Giants as mods so how does it differ?

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Everything in this game is a mod ...you just get them in different ways.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Season 1:
  • AC pack - I have used 1-2 tractors for very specific things because I had them, not because I wanted them - would not purchase normally
  • Kubota pack - I tried using them, but they're real expensive per hp and they're too small for the farming I typically end up in. - would not purchase normally
  • Vermeer pack - I like this pack and have use the baler and mower quite a bit - would purchase
  • Platinum expansion - While I will not use everything, the trucks are good and I did enjoy building the roller coaster - would purchase.
Season 1 pass $40. DLC value I would have bought $28, so I overpaid $12.

Season 2
  • Baling corn fodder and hopefully being used in place of straw. Maybe chopped corn baling as well, though that would require a front mounted chopper to be released or some other manner - interested
  • Mountains - I'd guess more logging - mildly interested
  • Bonus - if it's like the grapeliner bonus, who cares
  • Productivity improvements - probably mining to support the platinum dlc. - mildly interested
  • Big expansion - new map and carrots - mildy interested
I'll wait a bit to see if more info comes out. While I think it will be better than season 1, hard to not be, I'm still not happy about the season 1 pass.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Everything on the modhub is technically a dlc......
Vermeer, Antonia Carerra, Kubota, Eros and the platinum er pdlc made by Giants, while the PnH is a pdlc from Creative Mesh.

Just in case ;)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

Another flop from Giants....make more DLCs that don't really work or have any real value..

Is there a single machine or piece of equipment that doesn't have bugs in Platinum edition?

The base game is in urgent need of fixing...but it's never going to happen.

And based off the comments in this thread some of you are stupid enough to buy into this? Hahahahaha...no wonder this game will always be in 2008.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I sure hope one of the packs in Season 2 is going to be the Case Equipment Pack to bolster the roster for Red Brand Equipment in the game. At the time FS22 launched we were told the Case brand has such little equipment in the base game because whilst Giants were developing the game, Case still hadn't finalised their actual equipment portfolio and were refreshing much of their equipment line-up. Well 12 months on fromt he game release, I'd bet Case have finished doing that so now would be a good time to release a DLC with all the new and current Vehicle and Equipment line from Case. (Unless of course the deal Giants did with John Deere has some stipulations in it that prevent the inclusion of much red brand stuff.)

The one DLC in the pack that does stick out to me is the "Take Baling a Step Further" with people already jumping to conclusion this means we get corn straw baling. That would be pretty bad for a Paid DLC as there are already mods that allow this and there are mod maps which have this feature as standard. Now if it's giving us better balers then I'm interested. I was obviously intrigued by the Vermeer baler in Season 1, but then in actual use found it to be very disappointing and not worth using over the Fast Bale. Now if there were some self propelled balers, which had wrapping function built in, plus a overload tank so the baler can bale continously without needing to stop and empty the bale every 5 seconds that would be great. Make a Hybrid Vermeer and Fast Bale. Also would be nice if Giants gave the balers a bit of a tweak and fix that annoying issue on all their balers (Also Forage Wagons) where the pickup area is only about 2m wide, which means on most Harvester Swaths or Windrowed Swaths the balers leave a little strip on each side of the swath on every row, because the swaths in game are wider then the equipment that's designed and made to pick them up. So another reason I didn't like the Vermeer was because Giants had it locked away inside their .pdc format file, you couldn't edit and fix the poor picking width in Giants Editor, like I have done with all their base game Balers and Loading Wagons.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Goldfish is a type of fish.
Mods are a type of DLC (the free type).
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

Farmer Bacon wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:46 pm The bale has the corn icon on it. I have just checked and corn stalk bales are produced in real life so looks to be something to do with that. I like the sound of new crops and one appears to be carrots.
I'd say the silhouette looks more like parsnips or those wierd East European white and green turnip type things (white body with green crown on the main root top) - can't think of their name right now.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:30 pm

Goldfish is a type of fish.
Mods are a type of DLC (the free type).
Not all mods are DLC e.g. mods that you make yourself or someone gives you by some non-download medium, and not all DLC is mods: it's a fairly fine argument that additional content is or isn't a modification but the argument remains.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

From the FAQ
What does the Year 2 Season Pass include?
Answer: The Year 2 Season Pass, as stated in the announcement above, includes four packs, one expansion and one bonus machine, the BM-Volvo LM 845.

It's like my wife asking what I got from the grocery store.
35 foods, one was larger, and a 41.5g Milk Chocolate Nestle 4-finger KitKat bar (which was free).
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

This is the first year I haven't bought every dlc released for the game, I'll wait and watch some gameplay videos of each before I decide what I want to buy. I passed on most of season 1 and saved some money. This is far and away the game I have spent the most hours playing on over the years, but I'm just tired of paying up front for half finished or poorly executed features. Fingers crossed that every season 2 DLC pack is awesome and I want to buy them all but that hasnt been the experience lately.
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:07 pm From the FAQ
What does the Year 2 Season Pass include?
Answer: The Year 2 Season Pass, as stated in the announcement above, includes four packs, one expansion and one bonus machine, the BM-Volvo LM 845.

It's like my wife asking what I got from the grocery store.
35 foods, one was larger, and a 41.5g Milk Chocolate Nestle 4-finger KitKat bar (which was free).

LOL 35 foods, but there were problems with 15 of them so we were only able to eat 20, but hey we got a free kitkat.