season pass 2

farmer_bell

Re: season pass 2

Post by farmer_bell »

I have to say, it does surprise me how vocal the folk who don't like the seasons pass feel the need to be.
You did not like the contents of season 1, so don't purchase season 2. I do get folk getting annoyed and perhaps feeling that the content was not not worth what you paid. Thats the risk with season passes. Some you win, some you dont. I personally have been happy with what I have received in Season 1.
Its the daft comments like calling folk stupid for buying a seasons pass that annoy me for some reason. I know, its an internet forum and folk are only here to antagonise others, but for some unfathomable reason, its annoyed me.
I have purchased the season 2 pass. No, I have no idea what I am getting. But, I do know that it means more stuff for another year. The way I see it is that will mean that I will be playing FS22 for another year, so 3 years in total, maybe more, who knows. I paid around £60 for the base game and season 1. I have just spent £35 on the season 2 pass. A total spend of £95. That works out at less than £0.1 (10 pence) per day. Given that I play FS most days for a bit, I think that is pretty good value.
I have not complained about what I received in the seasons 1 pass, which is why I purchased season 2. I think there is at least a 50/50 chance I will use or like most things in the pack. Its a gamble I am willing to take. So you will not find me back on here complaining.

That said, there are plenty relevant rants on how the game could be improved. Whilst I will be happy with what I get, I have been around FS for a long time, so I know what to expect and what not to expect, it would be nice to see some major changes to the franchise. Things like much more involved animal husbandry, the ability to turn animals out into any pasture, not just a preplaced one. Would love to see potatoes given a huge overhaul.
I would also love a DLC that gave me back all the equipment we have lost over the years, things like the FS15 Zetor Crystal, FS13's Deutz's. We got one of the combines, but would have loved to see the other 2 and some of the older Deutz kit.

Giants are not infallible, but I am happy with their product to keep supporting them.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

If we look backwards, I think it is fair to say that 1/2 the DLC people find worthless.

FS22
- Antonio Carraro - junk would not have bought
- Kubota - probably would not buy
- Vermeer - would buy
- Platinum Expansion (forestry) - would buy

FS19 year 2
- Alpine (small equipment farming on steep terrain) - did not buy
- Kverneland - bought
- Bourgault - bought
- Rottne (more tree stuff) - did not buy

FS19 year 1
- Platinum (Claas) - bought
- Cotton - bought on sale
- Anderson - bought on sale

FS17
- Platinum (sugarcane) - would not buy
- Big Bud - would buy
- Kuhn - would buy
- Ropa (sugar beets) - would not buy

FS15
- Gold - would buy
- Holmer - would not buy
- New Holland forage - would not buy
- New Holland loader - would not buy
- JCB - would not buy
- ITRunner - would buy

For those on the fence about the season pass, take a look at the history and see where you would end up.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

bossmanslim wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:33 pm If we look backwards, I think it is fair to say that 1/2 the DLC people find worthless.

FS22
- Antonio Carraro - junk would not have bought
- Kubota - probably would not buy
- Vermeer - would buy
- Platinum Expansion (forestry) - would buy

FS19 year 2
- Alpine (small equipment farming on steep terrain) - did not buy
- Kverneland - bought
- Bourgault - bought
- Rottne (more tree stuff) - did not buy

FS19 year 1
- Platinum (Claas) - bought
- Cotton - bought on sale
- Anderson - bought on sale

FS17
- Platinum (sugarcane) - would not buy
- Big Bud - would buy
- Kuhn - would buy
- Ropa (sugar beets) - would not buy

FS15
- Gold - would buy
- Holmer - would not buy
- New Holland forage - would not buy
- New Holland loader - would not buy
- JCB - would not buy
- ITRunner - would buy

For those on the fence about the season pass, take a look at the history and see where you would end up.
Wow, that pretty much sums up my purchase history pretty nicely and I suspect a lot of other peoples.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:12 pm Is it just me or does the image in the picture for the 4th DLC look more like a Turnip then a Carrot? Whilst it would be nice to get Carrots in the game officially, among other vegetables and fruits. That picture definitely looks more like a Turnip or a Parsnip then a carrot.
Maybee it'll be a root crop pack - turnips - carrots and parsnips. There are so many fruits and vegetables left to add to the game I really hope they are not limiting it to one.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Since FS17, i always liked most of the DLC-s except one. For FS17 it would be Ropa, for FS19 it would be Rottne and for FS22 it would be Antonio Carraro pack.

So for example, if i would bought every season pass every game had (i know they did not have), i would get these DLC-s for free, saving some money to buy them separately.

So lets ask some questions?
1. Were you happy with Seasons pass1? - YES!
2. Do you want to support Giants? - YES!
3. Do you want to support modders (Get paid by Giants)? - YES!

If some of these are yes, then go buy Season Pass 2, if not, then don't. There are always possibility to not support Giants and just can
pirate this game. Also you can cherry pick the DLC-s later, Giants still gets money.

Problem with Giants is not they do not want to make better game or fix problems, but they do not have the knowledge to acheive it.
Support Giants, so Giants can hire better devs. Also, if you do not like game or DLC-s in some reason at all, then do not support Giants,
write here why you do not like them and point out things what would make you to buy them.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Buying dlc has nothing to do with supporting the devs. If you see something you like you simply buy it and vice versa. I cant understand this mentallity. You really think that if you buy the dlc and altough you might not even touch it somehow the money you gave giants is going to give you a better game in the next title. This is not how game industry works. Next fs yes it will be a better version but by how much? That does not depend if you bought the dlc or not they have money and resources from the main game sales alone. It really depends what vision for their game they have and in which direction they want to go. Those decisions are not based on players that bought the crappy dlc just to donate money to them. It more has to do with current market situation and company policies.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I dont't buy any product to support a company if they have a good product then they succeed and if not then they fail.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I only buy the games i really like and i want to support devs, for example FS series.
Other games... i do not buy.

Actually i think they are making very poor money with FS series, Giants is so small company and FS series does not have much players
and most of the gamers even never heard of it. I think we must support smaller companies like Giants, who tries to make something
good, but fails, because nobody buys they game.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

IceUul wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:49 pm I only buy the games i really like and i want to support devs, for example FS series.
Other games... i do not buy.

Actually i think they are making very poor money with FS series, Giants is so small company and FS series does not have much players
and most of the gamers even never heard of it. I think we must support smaller companies like Giants, who tries to make something
good, but fails, because nobody buys they game.
Guess again https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/f ... 0-6498464/

https://www.thegamer.com/farming-simula ... es-europe/
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

So basically Giants is having wolf of wall street parties on the reg with those sales......wonder if they have the midget toss....
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Lazarus99 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:07 am
So basically Giants is having wolf of wall street parties on the reg with those sales......wonder if they have the midget toss....
Wolf of wall street, no, too intelligent.
Wolfe of learning to develop, yes.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:20 am

Wolf of wall street, no, too intelligent.
Wolfe of learning to develop, yes.
I wont be using my "fun coupons " on season 2 pass
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

IMHO no expansion pack will satisfy us all. I hate logging. I hate precision farming. For me, this is a time filler with a little challenge. I do log a little. I fool with PF. Mostly, I play casually. I’m amused people are seeking so much realism from a game. Real farming can’t be duplicated sitting in front of a monitor, thank goodness. I don’t want the callouses, financial insecurity based on so many potential crop busters, or the sunburns (had one melanoma already). To you who enjoy the reality quest, more power to you. I use very little in expansion packs and play logging maps like so called survival maps. Nevertheless, despite all the previous, I’ll buy the expansion packs and season passes because I like this game. There’s always SOMETHING I like and I support games I think are worthwhile. To each his or her own. BTW I’m not too macho about this. I’m a dudette, not a dude. I’m tired of the assumption I’m a guy. 🙄
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

Giants are basically waiting for modders to make some new features they can steal, dumb down and implement in another copy paste game or dlc.

Most of the features in this game are not finished or are broken. They need to fix many past problems. But it seems like they dont care as most of the community will buy anything they present. Or they are not competent to fix the problems. New programmers will not fix the problem, the tech debt is probably too high at this point and it would be better and easier to start on a new engine. Again there is a problem with competence which they lack. Also it seems they live 15 years in the past as features from that era of development are just getting implemented in FS.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:54 pm IMHO no expansion pack will satisfy us all. I hate logging. I hate precision farming. For me, this is a time filler with a little challenge. I do log a little. I fool with PF. Mostly, I play casually. I’m amused people are seeking so much realism from a game. Real farming can’t be duplicated sitting in front of a monitor, thank goodness. I don’t want the callouses, financial insecurity based on so many potential crop busters, or the sunburns (had one melanoma already). To you who enjoy the reality quest, more power to you. I use very little in expansion packs and play logging maps like so called survival maps. Nevertheless, despite all the previous, I’ll buy the expansion packs and season passes because I like this game. There’s always SOMETHING I like and I support games I think are worthwhile. To each his or her own. BTW I’m not too macho about this. I’m a dudette, not a dude. I’m tired of the assumption I’m a guy. 🙄

So what would you like?
I think there's lots of reasons people buy stuff and I don't think it matters. Just when they buy something that isn't revealed yet and have unrealistic expectations. If your prepared to buy an unknown you should be prepared for the unknown.

You sound like it's not just the sun that you've been burnt by 😉😂