Western Wilds fieldstone

andhe78

Western Wilds fieldstone

Post by andhe78 »

I'm playing on Western Wilds (pc), as hardcore as I can make it. Just found out that if you make a field over a piece of ground that has been painted, no fieldstones appear. I want the stones, and have not been able to get them to reappear. Anybody know how to get them back. (Fieldstones are turned on and do show up in the fields that have not been made over painted ground.) Thanks.
TheGazbeard

Re: Western Wilds fieldstone

Post by TheGazbeard »

Use a plough instead of the landscaping tool?
Ploughing is "proper hardcore", landscaping tool is "easy mode".
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
andhe78

Post by andhe78 »

TheGazbeard wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:47 pm Use a plough instead of the landscaping tool?
Helpful.

Let me rephrase then, even using a plow over a piece of ground that has been painted (making a road or barn yard), no stones will show up on field creation-even using a plow.
ctb123

Post by ctb123 »

andhe78 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:05 pm
TheGazbeard wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:47 pm Use a plough instead of the landscaping tool?
Helpful.

Let me rephrase then, even using a plow over a piece of ground that has been painted (making a road or barn yard), no stones will show up on field creation-even using a plow.
You must create the fields with a plow, not the landscaping tool. It's right in the description on the map's download page-

"Also I have added plow state to landscape ground painting textures!
PLEASE NOTE: that using this option to create fields will lose the ability to produce stones in those fields"
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

andhe78 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:05 pm
Helpful.

If you're using a plough to create the field, which one are you using? Some of the tools delivering a ploughed state are not ploughs, and using a cultivator that has "field creation" enabled is still not using a plough.

Breaking down your statement ...
- even using a plow
- over a piece of ground that has been painted (making a road or barnyard)
- no stones will show up on field creation
... the problem area seems to be the middle step: even though you didn't use the ploughed field texture to paint the ground, you did use the landscape painter to make a road or barnyard ... and now using a plough over that (to change it to a field) you still do not get field stone.
Am I understanding that correctly?

If I am, I have to refer you to the map maker's comment in the map description that painting ground textures will disable fieldstone generation in the area painted.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
andhe78

Post by andhe78 »

If I am, I have to refer you to the map maker's comment in the map description that painting ground textures will disable fieldstone generation in the area painted.
Nope-the quote on the mod description is:

"Also I have added plow state to landscape ground painting textures!
PLEASE NOTE: that using this option to create fields will lose the ability to produce stones in those fields"

Reading that, it says using the plow state to create fields loses the ability to produce stones. Absolutely nothing is said about painting grass and losing the ability to produce stones if a future field is plowed in.

That being said, the description is obviously wrong and any painted texture cause stone to disappear. Was just curious if there was a workaround in the xml or anything.
AresWalker8

Post by AresWalker8 »

If I'm reading this correctly I'm having the exact same issue. I'm currently trying to make a field with a 26 meter plow (mod ofc) and its not producing any field stones. The plot(s) I'm plowing where painted with the grass texture NOT THE FIELD TEXTURE. After reading a few of the replies I decided to run a few tests with vanilla equipment and on an untouched plot to verify a few things.

Results:

Plow: 'PW 100 - 12'
Field: #16
Stones?: Yes
Repeated with all textures including field.
No stones anywhere there was a painted texture.

Subsoiler: 'CultiPlow Platinum 8m'
No stones anywhere there was painted texture. Note: This was passed over the plowed area as it does not create fields on its own.

Plow: 'Lizard SM 28' (Lizard SM 72/ SM 82 Mod)
Same results as the first two.

Summary: Using ANY painted texture not just field will result in fields not producing field stones.

Due to the Authors note about the field texture I'm assuming that the field texture not producing stones is an intended function while for the others its is not. However I'm not 100% sure on this and it is purely speculation.