What Year are We In ? ? ?

UncleRico

Re: What Year are We In ? ? ?

Post by UncleRico »

Decriptus wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:10 pm And another thread where someone gets upset about optional content.....
Define optional content
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I like the old equipment and keep getting the newfangled stufffoisted off on me.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

HC1Gunner wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:43 am
Noraf wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:56 pm
HC1Gunner wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:16 pm If you paid attention to the polls on all the popular YouTube channels, you see that the majority of the people were "not" happy with the majority of the content from season pass 1 DLC's.
I'm still waiting for you to tell us what's in the next dlc...............
That's just it, they want you the customer to go out on a limb and part with your hard-earned cash, and pre-purchase something they can't tell you anything about. Meanwhile you're the bank that just loaned Giants a ton of $$ interest free, so they can use the funds to either invest, and accumulate funds off the free loan you just provided.
Say 500,000 Users pre-order the 2nd season pass, 500K x $40 = ca-ching all the way to the bank.
They know that If they detailed what is in the DLC, a lot of the people who're likely to pre-purchase would decide against it.
Instead of making people unhappy, they'd lose money, and money matters more than satisfied customers.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

To be fair, the purpose of a business is not to “make a profit,” but to “MAXIMIZE Profit,” especially if there are shareholders. It doesn’t mean any company doesn’t care about customer satisfaction, it means they are doing what they need to do to survive so there is a product at all. Corporate taxes in Germany are steep…my guess is about 35% of income. Add on staffing costs, keeping all those servers up and running, paying percentage payments to second party sellers, advertising, R&D, and insurance for liability. I’m sure there are other fees in Germany, too, like the USA, including legal fees. There is a lot to do in this game. I HATE precision farming and logging, butI play this game for at least three hours a day, sometimes a lot more. These folks wouldn’t have even started to create this game, if they didn’t care about it. Does reality play into decisions? Yes. Do I like everything? No. My husband and I have owned and managed a few businesses in our lives, one worth several millions of dollars. Some of you may have, too. Personally, I think Giants does a pretty good job.

Ok. Bring on the hate. That’s what we do on this forum. And, I’ve been guilty of it too, just not with regard to the reality constraints of actually STAYING in business.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Just to be clear, I didn't say they don't care about their customers. I said money is more important. I said what ^^ said, but with fewer words, since it should be obvious to most people.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:49 pm This ought to get interesting.
:lol: popcorn ready
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

Isn't that almost always the thing with season passes, preorder och whatever.
Get a better price now, but it's a bit of a gamble, or pay a bit more later, but you know what you're buying?
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

Hoffa82 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:35 pm Isn't that almost always the thing with season passes, preorder och whatever.
Get a better price now, but it's a bit of a gamble, or pay a bit more later, but you know what you're buying?
idk you, but gamble is illegal in my country, should I move an action against G?
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

No, you should just move.
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

I'm outta here, where's my popcorn?!?
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

Noraf wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:34 am
HC1Gunner wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:43 am
Noraf wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:56 pm

I'm still waiting for you to tell us what's in the next dlc...............
That's just it, they want you the customer to go out on a limb and part with your hard-earned cash, and pre-purchase something they can't tell you anything about. Meanwhile you're the bank that just loaned Giants a ton of $$ interest free, so they can use the funds to either invest, and accumulate funds off the free loan you just provided.
Say 500,000 Users pre-order the 2nd season pass, 500K x $40 = ca-ching all the way to the bank.
And you still refuse to come with what you said you knew the next dlc would be.
Because of that, I call this tread bs.

And as a side note, I can't get a good meal out in a restaurant for the sum the y2 costs, and the game gives much more pleasure.

I really don't see why you're upset that someone buys the seasons passes.
One, is you read my post I never said I knew what was going to be in the DLC, but if you look at Giants page they make "very" vague hints what each one will be about with the roadmap they pictured. Therein lies the real problem, you're paying for something in advance that that you next to nothing about. I'm willing to bet with most of the purchases you make in your life, you have a good idea of what you are buying beforehand.

Just do a search for this, and you get a ton of hits why it's not a good idea to re-order any game.

"why is not a good idea to pre-order games"
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 1 TB - Samsung 990 PRO
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

HC1Gunner wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:24 pm .......Snipp.......

We've already had poor baling stuff released in the year one season pass, and now they start right out with more baling equipment in the year two season pass.
It sure looks like you know what the first dlc contains....
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...