Why is the AI so unbelievably bad?

gilroy222

Why is the AI so unbelievably bad?

Post by gilroy222 »

Haven't posted in a long time, but after picking up the game again I just had to come on here and mention the AI.

I can't speak for the other maps, but on elmcreek, you literally can't trust the AI to finish the job without them starting to seed the next field beside the one they're in. Which is odd because I even always make a point to do a headland and work the field edges, so that the equipment doesn't even have to hang over the field edge.

It must also be a joke that the precision DLC rtk stations on the sheds improve the AI, because as far as I can tell it's actually made them worse.
Decriptus

Re: Why is the AI so unbelievably bad?

Post by Decriptus »

Run 2 headlands on top and bottom of the field and one down each side
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

Articulated vehicles are particularily bad, even with 2 headlands it will end up stuck in a clump of trees on the other side of the map, but nevermind that just pre order next years seasons pass for more of the same.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

The AI Giants said was to be a work in progress, once Courseplay and Autodrive were available I stopped using the in game AI. Out of curiosity last week I tried the ingame AI and I see very little if any change in how it was upon release.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:02 am The AI Giants said was to be a work in progress, once Courseplay and Autodrive were available I stopped using the in game AI. Out of curiosity last week I tried the ingame AI and I see very little if any change in how it was upon release.
There was nothing changed with the ai. After reading AJ comment on how the splines are laid out with Griffin and certain aspects that you need to follow when creating formyards and such, I've come to the conclusion that they are not Changing anything with AI driving they are just messing with the splines and such on the giants maps.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

The fieldwork aspect needs updating as well, by now we should have something far better than it currently is where you have to do multiple headlands to have even the slightest chance of success.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

"Why is the AI so unbelievably bad?"

Because they never finish anything.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Decriptus wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:45 am Run 2 headlands on top and bottom of the field and one down each side
Yes, do half the work yourself, then maybe the AI will have a slim chance to succeed.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

I offer a solution and you respond with negativity....have fun getting the help you asked for....also it's more like 15% of the work maybe less.....but hey keep buying actual games maybe play idle clickers next time
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

They promised in the blog post before the release that they will continue to work on ai during fs22 life cycle. The promise was a blatant and flat out lie it seems. Ai did not have any improvements after the release nor they do intend to make any improvements. But hey its gamble timeeee preorder that season pass 2 with god knows what inside...
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Decriptus wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:17 pm I offer a solution and you respond with negativity....have fun getting the help you asked for....also it's more like 15% of the work maybe less.....but hey keep buying actual games maybe play idle clickers next time
If you're referring to my message, it was an exaggerated joke. Also, I'm not the one who asked for help.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

njuska11 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:10 pm They promised in the blog post before the release that they will continue to work on ai during fs22 life cycle. The promise was a blatant and flat out lie it seems. Ai did not have any improvements after the release nor they do intend to make any improvements. But hey its gamble timeeee preorder that season pass 2 with god knows what inside...
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

Personally I don't use AI nor Courseplay/Autodrive. I prefer DIY style. Of course every player has his/her own game style. Since Platinum Expansion came out I am playing Silverrun Forest and is a map that eliminates the need for AI or/and Courseplay/Autodrive.
As I said every player has his/her own game style :biggrin2:

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

And ive stopped playing altogether.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

njuska11 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:10 pm They promised in the blog post before the release that they will continue to work on ai during fs22 life cycle. The promise was a blatant and flat out lie it seems. Ai did not have any improvements after the release nor they do intend to make any improvements. But hey its gamble timeeee preorder that season pass 2 with god knows what inside...
Maybe they're working on it but going to release it in FS23/24 (and get more money from people...)