Silver Run Bug? - Regular planks keep changing size

Dustbunney54

Silver Run Bug? - Regular planks keep changing size

Post by Dustbunney54 »

Dec. 7, 2022 Dustbunney54 here. The regular planks on Silver Run keep changing sizes and colors. When my son first started playing Silver Run, the regular planks (NOT long planks) were spawning as 2500L and looked more like beams. Then, over this past weekend, the regular planks were spawning in 1000L pallets and are a different color/texture. Tonight, while he was loading the regular pallets (they were 1000L) onto his trailer and after he had removed them all from the sawmill spawn area, new regular planks spawned in as 2500L and were back to looking like beams again. Is this a bug or is there a reason they keep changing? Thank you.
EUROFARMER22

Re: Silver Run Bug? - Regular planks keep changing size

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

Maybe there is a mod conflict or something else. It would be helpful if you post the log.txt

How to post the log.txt:
viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

This is definitely a mod conflict. The increased pallet size mod makes the planks look like beams and 2500 lbs. I believe if you use this mod with the liftable pallets mod they fight each other so to speak as to which pallet comes out. Sorry I’d post links to each mod but I’m at work and not very good at finding them in my phone.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

Yes the sawmill mod pack does this, it switches output from the tiny pallets that basegame included to 2500l pallets of planks that don't look like kindling.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

Oh dang I didn’t even realize the sawmill pack did that. All these things switching pallets around gets a little crazy. It took me a while the other day to figure out what was changing my unloaded seed pallets to a different pallet as well.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
BC144601

Post by BC144601 »

Dustbunney54 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:45 am Dec. 7, 2022 Dustbunney54 here. The regular planks on Silver Run keep changing sizes and colors. When my son first started playing Silver Run, the regular planks (NOT long planks) were spawning as 2500L and looked more like beams. Then, over this past weekend, the regular planks were spawning in 1000L pallets and are a different color/texture. Tonight, while he was loading the regular pallets (they were 1000L) onto his trailer and after he had removed them all from the sawmill spawn area, new regular planks spawned in as 2500L and were back to looking like beams again. Is this a bug or is there a reason they keep changing? Thank you.
If you're on the new DLC and have noticed the Sawmill giving away free Planks, you are having a mod conflict, here's why:
There are multiple mods conflicting with the new DLC
1. Sawmill Pack by: OlaHaldor
2. Liftable Pallets & Big Bags by: Jos
3. Production Pallets w/Larger Capacity by: TopAce888

Also the:
Fixed Crop Prices by: Disturbed Simulations
Makes items heavier

These are the mods I have tested and found having conflicts with the new DLC, I have not tested all mods just letting people know why their Planks are free.

If you uninstall or turn off said mods your game should be fine, however if you continue to play with conflicting mods your game might develop problems in the future.
It was reported to me by one person having problems with the mod conflict the Roller Coaster would not progress, no matter how many resources that were delivered.
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

I was not aware of this until now. Regardless of this, I have removed the beams/planks from the sawmill mod to make sure there is no confusion about the long planks from the DLC.
On the upside, the sawmills will now produce prefab walls, wood beams and long planks if you have the DLC installed.
The update have been submitted to ModHub and I'm just waiting for Giants to approve and release the update.
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

olahaldor wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:49 am I was not aware of this until now. Regardless of this, I have removed the beams/planks from the sawmill mod to make sure there is no confusion about the long planks from the DLC.
On the upside, the sawmills will now produce prefab walls, wood beams and long planks if you have the DLC installed.
The update have been submitted to ModHub and I'm just waiting for Giants to approve and release the update.
Fwiw the larger planks from your mod were far superior to the ones from the base game, looking forward to the update.
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Oh, and the sawmills will accept containers. Properly. If you don't own it, it will sell the wood, just like in Silverrun and default logs.
If you own the sawmill, the contents of the container will be transfered to the sawmill, just like default logs. The container itself disappear though. (it is practically a pallet)
Dustbunney54

Post by Dustbunney54 »

EUROFARMER22 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:30 am Maybe there is a mod conflict or something else. It would be helpful if you post the log.txt

How to post the log.txt:
viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Dec. 18, 2022 Thank you for the suggestion. He did have a mod conflict with the Sawmill Pack from OlaHaldor. It has been resolved. We appreciate you taking the time to respond.
Dustbunney54

Post by Dustbunney54 »

GrimGandalf wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:15 pm This is definitely a mod conflict. The increased pallet size mod makes the planks look like beams and 2500 lbs. I believe if you use this mod with the liftable pallets mod they fight each other so to speak as to which pallet comes out. Sorry I’d post links to each mod but I’m at work and not very good at finding them in my phone.
Dec. 18, 2022 Thank you for taking the time to respond. He found the mod conflict. It was with the Sawmill Pack from OlaHaldor. The issue has been resolved.
Dustbunney54

Post by Dustbunney54 »

Crashmac wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:36 pm Yes the sawmill mod pack does this, it switches output from the tiny pallets that basegame included to 2500l pallets of planks that don't look like kindling.
Dec. 18, 2022 Thank you for responding. You are correct. It was the Sawmill Pack from OlaHaldor that was causing the conflict.
We appreciate you taking the time to respond.
Dustbunney54

Post by Dustbunney54 »

BC144601 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:27 pm
Dustbunney54 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:45 am Dec. 7, 2022 Dustbunney54 here. The regular planks on Silver Run keep changing sizes and colors. When my son first started playing Silver Run, the regular planks (NOT long planks) were spawning as 2500L and looked more like beams. Then, over this past weekend, the regular planks were spawning in 1000L pallets and are a different color/texture. Tonight, while he was loading the regular pallets (they were 1000L) onto his trailer and after he had removed them all from the sawmill spawn area, new regular planks spawned in as 2500L and were back to looking like beams again. Is this a bug or is there a reason they keep changing? Thank you.
If you're on the new DLC and have noticed the Sawmill giving away free Planks, you are having a mod conflict, here's why:
There are multiple mods conflicting with the new DLC
1. Sawmill Pack by: OlaHaldor
2. Liftable Pallets & Big Bags by: Jos
3. Production Pallets w/Larger Capacity by: TopAce888

Also the:
Fixed Crop Prices by: Disturbed Simulations
Makes items heavier

These are the mods I have tested and found having conflicts with the new DLC, I have not tested all mods just letting people know why their Planks are free.

If you uninstall or turn off said mods your game should be fine, however if you continue to play with conflicting mods your game might develop problems in the future.
It was reported to me by one person having problems with the mod conflict the Roller Coaster would not progress, no matter how many resources that were delivered.
Dec. 18, 2022 Thank you for the information and for taking the time to respond. Greatly appreciated.
Dustbunney54

Post by Dustbunney54 »

olahaldor wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:49 am I was not aware of this until now. Regardless of this, I have removed the beams/planks from the sawmill mod to make sure there is no confusion about the long planks from the DLC.
Dec. 18, 2022 Thank you for taking the time to read and respond. Looking forward to the update. We appreciate you taking the time to do an update. Thank you again.