Volvo FH16 not turning when towing

Howa308win

Volvo FH16 not turning when towing

Post by Howa308win »

Keep getting issues with the Volvo DLC trucks not turning when having a heavy trailer on the back as if it lifts the front wheels off the ground and loses steering control doesn’t do it with any of the man mod trucks only the Volvo DLC pretty disappointing makes it un drivable
Also the in game flat beds can’t handle the Volvo excavator on the back even when strapped down it slides off the side and tips the truck over
nsp32

Re: Volvo FH16 not turning when towing

Post by nsp32 »

Yep,found exactly the same with the FH16 when pulling a full trailer,and the same issues with the EC380 on trailers.I was disappointed myself,but kind of learnt to live with it,as with most of the game.It’s like everything is always 90% finished,and it falls at the final 10%.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

I had the same problem - converted it from 3 axle to 2 - problem solved *thumbsup*
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

same here i ended up going back to the shop and swapping all my trucks to a single back axle

now if i could just get training wheels on the side of my curtain sider trailer to stop it falling over on corners when loaded , ended up there using an auto load low loader for all my pallet and bales work
silveradoman298

Post by silveradoman298 »

Here's a FIX:

I love the new Volvo FH trucks. The sound package is really good. A work around to the low front end weight preventing steering during heavy haul, I noticed there is a front attacher and used the Lizard PW weight from modhub. Color and amount of weight are customizable so it still looks good.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
Last edited by silveradoman298 on Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I could give my hand to another line of work
But my heart will always be behind the wheel"
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

The fifth wheels are mounted too far back on the trucks and puts all the weight behind the center of the tandems/triples; pick weight up from the front end and causing the trucks to not turn/push.

For tandems, the fifth wheel needs to be moved slightly in front of the center of the tandems. Trailers should still have miles of clearance.

For triples, the fifth wheel needs to be moved slightly in front of the center of the two rear axles to clear trailers and the suspension on the 3rd axle needs to be super squishy until it hits it's travel limit.