Where do expansion files hide?

Munty Scruntfundle

Where do expansion files hide?

Post by Munty Scruntfundle »

Hi there.

I have some code that loops game vehicles and changes certain parameters, just small changes that help with my game play, speed of hydraulic rams, engine startup speed kind of things.

However I can't find the vehicles in expansion packs. So where do the packs get downloaded to? |I can't see them in the Steam folder nor the Mods folder in Documents. Could someone let me know, or let me know the name of one of the pack files, Platinum for example, then I can search for it.

Many thanks.
cheechako

Re: Where do expansion files hide?

Post by cheechako »

All DLC is in encrypted files. Even the free ones.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

The contents of the "expansion packs" (DLCs) are encrypted, so even if you know where they are located (which is the "pdlc" folder in the FarmingSimulator2022 folder) you won't be able to make any changes to the vehicles, machines they provide.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Munty Scruntfundle

Post by Munty Scruntfundle »

Oh ar**!
Oh well.

Thanks folks.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Doesn't make any sense, does it.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

A third topic to be locked
Ice_boii :gamer:
Nonnus

Post by Nonnus »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:03 pm Doesn't make any sense, does it.
Depends. For you dont make any sense for Giants make all sense. Imagine you pass one year working on a DLC and put on sell but open for all. You can tell after the modders release the content of the DLC who is buy the dlc to Giants?
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Nonnus wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:49 am
Depends. For you dont make any sense for Giants make all sense. Imagine you pass one year working on a DLC and put on sell but open for all. You can tell after the modders release the content of the DLC who is buy the dlc to Giants?
Giants came in last place with their Volvo mods. Modders beat them to it months.
Plus, the OP was asking about small configuration items you'd find in the xml files.
Doesn't make sense to have the base game wide open and lock down something that a modder has already done or will easily do with or without those files.
IMO *thumbsup*
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:27 pm
Giants came in last place with their Volvo mods. Modders beat them to it months.
Plus, the OP was asking about small configuration items you'd find in the xml files.
Doesn't make sense to have the base game wide open and lock down something that a modder has already done or will easily do with or without those files.
IMO *thumbsup*
It sort of does make sense because it would a real pain to upload a cracked base game and however many GB it is theses days, and yet a few hundred MB of DLC for free would be easier and less obviously pirated.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

blue_painted wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:03 pm
PrinceJesus84 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:27 pm

IMO *thumbsup*
It sort of does make sense because it would a real pain to upload a cracked base game and however many GB it is theses days, and yet a few hundred MB of DLC for free would be easier and less obviously pirated.
Encryption is like a door lock, it only keeps honest people out. If somebody wants in, they're getting in.
It's their stuff, they can do what they want. All I'm saying is that if it was me, I wouldn't bother. Besides, you can get the same or similar stuff that's in the DLC elsewhere.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

Not really....