platinum expansion .xml files

kiki443

platinum expansion .xml files

Post by kiki443 »

Hello

I can't find .xml files related to Platinum Expansion (specifically maps_filltypes.xml), the one in main directory has only stuff from main game, but nothing form new resources in PE.

There is no such file in my Games folder in Documents either, the economy.xml under a speciffic save for Silverrun map does show the new resources but the data I need is not there.

I am trying to make a price chart for new resources available by using the raw .xml base data, I could have done it for main game, but now for PE I can't find the .xml

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Noraf

Re: platinum expansion .xml files

Post by Noraf »

Jupp, they aren't available, as they are part of a dlc, and thus encrypted
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
kiki443

Post by kiki443 »

well, too bad, I guess I will have to wait a year to get the graph to show up, but graph is influenced by various factors that are random, so the chart won't be accurate.
kiki443

Post by kiki443 »

HELLO

This is what I come up with.

Spreadsheet contains the prices for PE products.

WARNING: The accurecy of the spreadsheet and data within cannot be verified, since the specific .xml file that would have the Base xml price within does not exist for PE, or at least it's unaccessible, instead, I used the old-fashioned method of calculating the prices.

So here is what I did:
I didn't play on silverrun map, instead I bought the selling point and all the factories (including newly added mine) on Elmcreek, however for the specific purpose the map is irrelevant, all maps should follow the same rules regarding economy, the reason I did this on Elmcreek, is simply because I had a progress there and enough money, and owned terrain, to put everything together ASAP, and start my observation.
I also played on easy difficulty to simplify calculation, and speed things up.

I played for 3 in-game years and I observed the in-game charts for each of the PE products, noting the highest prices (as marked by the chart) for each month.
After 3 years have passed I took the average price for the three years, and put that in "Good (138 %)" collum under easy difficulty.
(from what I've learned by observing the chart for base game products, long before PE was relased, the chart will 99% of time report the price about 135-140% above "average", as the highest), if PE follows the same logic as the main game, there should be no difference in this case.

Now to find what would be a average price for a certain difficulty level, I simpy devide the price in "Good" colum by 1.38, as the price in there is bassically the highest price reported by game, and the in-game chart - which for most products shows about 138% (135-140%) above what is considered an average as the highest.
This gets me an average price for each product.
To get the absolutelly best possible price (about 145% above average), I multiply the Average price by 1.45, and the chart for easy diffulty was complete.

Now for Normal and hard difficulties, I had to get the price per unit, which should usually be found in maps_filltypes.xml, but there is no .xml for PE, and that is why I played on easy, because all I have to do now is devide the Average price by 3 (3.0 is the multiplier for Easy difficulty).
This gets me the prices that would usually be located in the .xml file, and now for normal difficulty, I multiply the resoult by 1.8 (1.8 is a multiplier for Normall difficulty), this gets me the Average baseline price for Normall difficulty, now I multiply the average price with 1,38 and 1,45 for "Good" and "Best" colums respectivelly, and that complates the chart for normall.

I just repeated the same proccess for Hard difficulty, only instead 1.8, I used 1.0 as a multiplier (1.0 is for hard)

Best months for sale, as reported by in-game chart, again there is no .xml that gives you the months multipliers for each of PE products, like there is for main game.
The only thing I have noticed while observing the chart, and I noticed it before too is that the supposed "best month" will usually be marked by a huge red candlestick indicating that the month is worse in fact, while the previous month is the "best", even though clearly, the prices will go up in the month marked by red candlestick, even above what the chart is telling you, I don't know why that is but I think the chart updates not at the beginning of a month, but at the end, in midnight after the last day of a month, the problem is the prices will usually start to drop a few hours prior to this in order to correct for the next month, and than the chart updates, giving you the impression that what should be the best month is actually one of the worst months to sell.
In my table the best months to sell, for this reason might also be red in your chart - just a warning.

Well I hope, this helps someone.

Here is the spreadsheet: https://files.fm/u/qktkydwxf

Best Regards