Best British/Irish Map

mark23

Best British/Irish Map

Post by mark23 »

Hi all

I spent 400+ hours on Elm Creek since launch of FS22. Since then I have about 100 hours on Calmsden and 80 hours on Attingham Park. I love both these maps but not having traffic on Calmsden makes the map feel empty to me and the AI troubles on Attingham Park make simple tasks hard (AI struggles to drive to the shop or most places on the map). I want to do the farming but would like the AI to bring a new piece of equipment or lime back to the farm without "Destination is unreachable".

What British/Irish maps are peoples favourites? I’ve just downloaded Maypole, Ebony Island and Riverview to have a look at.

Cheers
NotoriousWeber

Re: Best British/Irish Map

Post by NotoriousWeber »

If you are on PC, Bally Spring was just released. It's an absolutley fantastic map. It's still getting bugs worked out, but it's great

Edit: This is an irish map.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
spikenog

Post by spikenog »

Highly recommend Calmsden Farm.
dewiclements

Post by dewiclements »

Haut-Beyleron or Erlengrat which situated in the Swiss Alps, are very good
Farmer on PC, developer in Sloboda Studio
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

spikenog wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:20 pm Highly recommend Calmsden Farm.
Maybe you should read his post first before answering....

mark23 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:50 pm Since then I have about 100 hours on Calmsden and 80 hours on Attingham Park. I love both these maps but not having traffic on Calmsden makes the map feel empty to me
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:09 pm
spikenog wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:20 pm Highly recommend Calmsden Farm.
Maybe you should read his post first before answering....

mark23 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:50 pm Since then I have about 100 hours on Calmsden and 80 hours on Attingham Park. I love both these maps but not having traffic on Calmsden makes the map feel empty to me
Maybe you should read his post before answering....

spikenog answered the OPs question "What British/Irish maps are peoples favourites?"
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Pretty obvious op is looking for other maps….
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

What map did Zero76Gaming suggest? His post was less useful than the post he critiqued.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:45 pm What map did Zero76Gaming suggest? His post was less useful than the post he critiqued.
Same can be said about your own comment, congratulations on the hypocrisy.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

UncleRico wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:45 am
PrinceJesus84 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:45 pm What map did Zero76Gaming suggest? His post was less useful than the post he critiqued.
Same can be said about your own comment, congratulations on the hypocrisy.
...and what map have you suggested?
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:03 am
Nice try with the kindergarten comeback but I didn’t post the original critique of the comment you did. I will share this though hopefully it helps the OP. This is what brought me here originally then I noticed your ridiculous attempt at starting drama because you’re lonely. https://www.argsygaming.com/fs22-maps
NWJ22

Post by NWJ22 »

Classic FS forum, guy ask's a basic question and you lot turn it into an idioctic argument.

Highly recommend Ballyspring (irish theme)
-there's several farms to choose from.
-hedges can be cut down to increase field size / help AI
-very tight roads, not sure this helps AI driving to the shops?

do you use store deliveries mod? - kinda breaks realism if that's what you're going for but you can say its just been delivered! solves them roaming AI on Attingham.

-Maypoles had a lot of work/updates looks quite fun.

Not many move 'highly detailed' UK/Ireland themed maps that are on the level of the 3 mentioned that I'm aware of anyway.

I wish Greenbale was still modding! :)
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

UncleRico wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:16 pm
PrinceJesus84 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:03 am
Nice try with the kindergarten comeback but I didn’t post the original critique of the comment you did. I will share this though hopefully it helps the OP. This is what brought me here originally then I noticed your ridiculous attempt at starting drama because you’re lonely. https://www.argsygaming.com/fs22-maps
Zero76Gaming started the drama, remember.

So, what's your favorite British/Irish maps? That was the OPs question, which you still haven't answered.
Personally I like Calmsden Farm. How about you?
Jonnjc

Post by Jonnjc »

I think maps are quite limited, but if you like Altingham and find the AI driving frustrating try using Autodrive. Routes have been created already so it's a quick start.

It might keep you going for a while
mark23

Post by mark23 »

Thanks for the replies. I play on console so Bally Spring and Autodrive are a no go for me unfortunately. I will probably wait for Court Farms to appear now before I sink another 100+ hours into a map. The detail on Calmsden is second to none but the lack of traffic/life makes it feel empty (to me anyway) and being unable to demolish any buildings is also limiting. As I said, I love Attingham Park as well because of all the custom buildings and the landscape but the AI's inability to drive anywhere makes it hard because I then have to drive to and from the shop or a sale point (its quite a drive to the farm in the south east of the map!) instead of sowing, cultivating, ploughing, feeding etc.

I don't know, maybe I'll just bounce between the two for now