Best British/Irish Map

Zero76Gaming

Re: Best British/Irish Map

Post by Zero76Gaming »

mark23 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:45 am Thanks for the replies. I play on console so Bally Spring and Autodrive are a no go for me unfortunately. I will probably wait for Court Farms to appear now before I sink another 100+ hours into a map. The detail on Calmsden is second to none but the lack of traffic/life makes it feel empty (to me anyway) and being unable to demolish any buildings is also limiting. As I said, I love Attingham Park as well because of all the custom buildings and the landscape but the AI's inability to drive anywhere makes it hard because I then have to drive to and from the shop or a sale point (its quite a drive to the farm in the south east of the map!) instead of sowing, cultivating, ploughing, feeding etc.

I don't know, maybe I'll just bounce between the two for now
Tom Pemberton's farm (Ballam Rd by FS Landscaping) is gonna be coming soon. It has been sent to giants for testing last week.

https://youtu.be/2AUNPqAvJxI
mark23

Post by mark23 »

Thanks Zero76Gaming - Tom Pemberton is an inspiration. Anyone not familiar with him should take some time out and watch his youtube videos from the start. A truthful insight from a young dairy farmer just 30 miles from me
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

That’s my map guys lol, it’s with Giants but I’m starting to think I won’t get it through testing as I’ve been trying to get it passed since November 23rd
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:20 pm That’s my map guys lol, it’s with Giants but I’m starting to think I won’t get it through testing as I’ve been trying to get it passed since November 23rd
Maps are rarely passing the first time around, it will come that's for sure!
Last edited by Zero76Gaming on Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

:search:
Last edited by Zero76Gaming on Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

They’ll never pass it, it feels like 5 months wasted to me
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:35 pm They’ll never pass it, it feels like 5 months wasted to me
Keep your fingers crossed :gamer:
Last edited by Zero76Gaming on Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

I too am waiting for a good UK/Irish map to arrive. I’ve been on Calmsden ever since it arrived - probably spoilt by just how good it is. I think Court Farms will be even better, just a couple more months to wait I think as release is scheduled for spring time.

Have to say though, UK/Irish maps have been few and far between. Those that have appeared on the modhub are just not immersive enough for me. It’s a shame more of the ‘19 maps haven’t been converted as being an Xbox farmer the massive slot count improvement means the ‘19 maps could be enjoyed far more.

I’m extremely grateful for the modders, without them I’d have gotten board with FS long ago and also appreciate it takes time to create really good maps but FS22 really does seem to lack the maps it deserves.
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
anakai

Post by anakai »

What happend to BulletBills map? Still Calmsden is the best, to bad there is no traffic
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

anakai wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:47 pm What happend to BulletBills map? Still Calmsden is the best, to bad there is no traffic
Calmsden indeed is still the best UK map, indeed with traffic it's even better. That's why I think Court Farms is gonna be the best UK map ever on FS. I mean, OxygenDavid knows how to make a good map, and with traffic and new animals that map is gonna be no¹!
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

anakai wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:47 pm What happend to BulletBills map? Still Calmsden is the best, to bad there is no traffic
I heard a rumour that BB had given up modding recently, but I've not seen anything from the man himself so it remains just a rumour.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

blue_painted wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:59 pm I heard a rumour that BB had given up modding recently, but I've not seen anything from the man himself so it remains just a rumour.
That is possible, his last message on this forum dated 18th nov 2022, and that was a very negative message about FS game going nowhere and the community who threatening him and his wife to attack them and their daughters that even authorities have been called.

So after reading that it's possible the rumour is true.

P.s. you can find his last messages here, in case you wanna read it yourself:
search.php?author_id=145421&sr=posts
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Possibly gave up modding but not stirring up and being in the center of drama I see
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

I loved Lone Oak.....never meet your heroes as they say
Voncarsteine

Post by Voncarsteine »

NotoriousWeber wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:02 pm If you are on PC, Bally Spring was just released. It's an absolutley fantastic map. It's still getting bugs worked out, but it's great

Edit: This is an irish map.
I think it's way too cramped and the amount of animals in the pastures is completely unrealistic. I would love to have the custom animals as a separate mod though, they are amazing