Of them, health will never reach 100%
Bobble2020

Re: Chicken health

Post by Bobble2020 »

mine reached full health just with wheat in the biggest chicken barn
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

If any animal requires multiple food sources then yes unless you use the feed for them, chicken feed, tmr,etc...
sporadicsmiles

Post by sporadicsmiles »

Based on your other thread you are using Maize plus. And as far as I am aware in Maize plus you have to feed all categories of food to have any production. Because unlike the base game animals will eat all 4 food groups in parallel. So if you are missing one, they will be missing some of their food.

For sheep, feed them unconditioned and unfermented grass, as this should do most of their feed elements (I think). For chickens, feed them all four things. Or better, since you do not seem to want to use it, disable Maize plus.
sablerock

Post by sablerock »

Did disable Maizeplus because it also changed Sheep food requirements. Then enabled GRAINMILLPLUS. This affected the chicken food. Need became: CRACKED CORN, WHEAT and SUNFLOWERS.
So disabled that mod too. And there is no other Mill like it. Unless you have a mod?
Ridley

Post by Ridley »

Im not sure about chickens, but with cows and sheep you don't need to feed the 4 food groups as separate feed types, you can either feed fresh grass and hay, OR Conditioned grass, either will fill all four food bars with Maize Plus and Animal feed additions.
sablerock

Post by sablerock »

For those, like me who like GRAINMILLPLUS but don’t want animal food groups changed by this mod: just edit file animalfood.xml in above mod’s folder and comment out the changes you don’t want.
My chickens get grain, health 100% and I get to make/sell crack corn!