Chicken Coop Silo extension

meekyman47

Chicken Coop Silo extension

Post by meekyman47 »

Hi all,
Probably a noob question so apologies, I only got the game a few days ago so I am still learning the basics.

But can you add an extension silo to the chicken coop silo?
The chicken coop only holds 9000Litres and currently I am producing way more wheat than it can hold?

Failing that can you link a belt from a normal silo to the chicken coop?

Thanks in advance!
Decriptus

Re: Chicken Coop Silo extension

Post by Decriptus »

You can "link" a belt but you will still have to operate it to fill the feed. As far as I know there aren't any mods on console that will extend the capacity
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

meekyman47 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:35 pm The chicken coop only holds 9000Litres and currently I am producing way more wheat than it can hold?
Why not putting the rest of the wheat in a normal storage silo till the chicken coop runs out?
meekyman47

Post by meekyman47 »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:15 pm
meekyman47 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:35 pm The chicken coop only holds 9000Litres and currently I am producing way more wheat than it can hold?
Why not putting the rest of the wheat in a normal storage silo till the chicken coop runs out?

I was thinking that, I was just hoping there was a more automated way,
thanks for the replys!
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

meekyman47 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:28 pm
thanks for the replys!
Also there are different animal pastures/coops/buildings on modhub that hold more liters. Or just store/sell the rest of the wheat. Just a tip: if you feed chickens Sorghum, sorghum only takes 4 months to grow and has the highest yield of the crops that they eat.
Last edited by Zero76Gaming on Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

Decriptus wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:12 pm You can "link" a belt but you will still have to operate it to fill the feed. As far as I know there aren't any mods on console that will extend the capacity
Would it be possible to store the wheat/barley/sorghum on the ground and link a belt system. Would the belts continue to feed that way. I can’t believe that in All the hours I have played the game I haven’t tried this, and I’m running chickens in the game I’m currently playing.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
meekyman47

Post by meekyman47 »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:38 pm
meekyman47 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:28 pm

thanks for the replys!
Also there are different animal pastures/coops/buildings on modhub that hold more liters. Or just store/sell the rest of the wheat. Just a tip: if you feed chickens Sorghum, sorghum only takes 4 months to grow and has the highest yield of the crops that they eat.
Il give this a try, Thanks so much for your advice !