How do I? Vehicle lights Always On

Helazak

How do I? Vehicle lights Always On

Post by Helazak »

How do I set my vehicle lights to always be on at night? I get having to turn them on once it gets dark but to have to turn them on every time I visit the vehicle after viewing other vehicles is excessive.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
xlisa1986x

Re: How do I? Vehicle lights Always On

Post by xlisa1986x »

Not sure there is a setting/mod for that, whether the engine being on constantly would work (in the settings menu)
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Turn automatic engine start off, the engine is still running and the lights are staying on when you exit the verhicle, I believe.
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

go into the xml and comment out the index links. that would leave them on 24/7 though and take yoiur control away from turning them on/off. However, Im wondering if you add the oncreate user attribute in the i3d and then the daynight attributes in the xml if that would work. like on placeables.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

If I leave the lights on, they stay on until I turn them off again, so I don't understand this... :confusednew:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

Turn automatic engine start off. Even if you manually shut the engine down the lights will stay on unless you manually shut them off.
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

JensChrDK wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:05 pm If I leave the lights on, they stay on until I turn them off again, so I don't understand this... :confusednew:
I think they meant after toggling through different vehicles and back
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
Angler1409

Post by Angler1409 »

If you are on PC there is the Auto Light On/Off mod which will turn on the lights whenever you enter a vehicle at night.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

xlisa1986x wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:15 pm
JensChrDK wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:05 pm If I leave the lights on, they stay on until I turn them off again, so I don't understand this... :confusednew:
I think they meant after toggling through different vehicles and back
Either way, I have never experienced the lights turning off by themselves... :search:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

I have, but my car is an old Saab so...
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Odd. My engines will shut off sometimes if I tab through vehicles, but my lights always stay on until I turn them off or re-load the game. Even blinkers and beacons.

Must have some good batteries....
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

JDMFarms wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:02 pm go into the xml and comment out the index links. that would leave them on 24/7 though and take yoiur control away from turning them on/off. However, Im wondering if you add the oncreate user attribute in the i3d and then the daynight attributes in the xml if that would work. like on placeables.
I tried the hint about turning off the auto engine on setting. That does keep my lights on unless I assign a helper to drive somewhere. They always turn off the engine and shut down the lights.

I tried setting the same Keyboard key for all lights but that didn't work.

I am good with the idea of daytime running lights always on. Have never messed with xml files before. Can you provide more explanation please?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Helazak wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:51 pm

I am good with the idea of daytime running lights always on. Have never messed with xml files before. Can you provide more explanation please?
sorry, i was advised offline that the user attributes was changed in FS22 so my technique is antiquated. maybe someone else can help until i get caught up with the FS22 nuances.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I suppose I could do the old school method and go to bed at sundown. Can't help thinking there is a negative to that.

JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Helazak wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:51 pm
JDMFarms wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:02 pm go into the xml and comment out the index links. that would leave them on 24/7 though and take yoiur control away from turning them on/off. However, Im wondering if you add the oncreate user attribute in the i3d and then the daynight attributes in the xml if that would work. like on placeables.
I tried the hint about turning off the auto engine on setting. That does keep my lights on unless I assign a helper to drive somewhere. They always turn off the engine and shut down the lights.

I tried setting the same Keyboard key for all lights but that didn't work.

You never mentioned before that you also had the workers in the equation... You can't stop them from turning the lights off when they leave the vehicle.

All lights are already on one key - F