Just curious: Spawn point

Helazak

Just curious: Spawn point

Post by Helazak »

When you guy a piece of equipment, you pick it up from the store. Makes complete sense.
But when I borrow contract equipment, why does it show up at the store? I don't think my local John Deere dealer would be happy if we used his parking lot to exchange used equipment. Shouldn't it show up at the field to be worked?

Maybe a modder who makes maps can answer, is the spawn point fixed to the shop or can you assign the spawn point wherever you want?

Which reminds me, why doesn't the shop have a loading dock where the stuff I by ends up on my trailer? Every store I go to IRL will help me load my stuff.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Bobble2020

Re: Just curious: Spawn point

Post by Bobble2020 »

Probably just easier to use the same spawn point for both new vehicles and equipment for missions .
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

I think it did in FS17. Was surprised to see it go to the store in FS19. not sure how it impacts the game performance to understand why they changed it.
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

Currently, there is one spawn point for purchase and resetting vehicles. The Store Deliveries mod lets you move this in-game and reset it to the original location. But it cannot add a second point. And, it takes a script to move the spawn point, so not for console.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

cheechako wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:47 am Currently, there is one spawn point for purchase and resetting vehicles. The Store Deliveries mod lets you move this in-game and reset it to the original location. But it cannot add a second point. And, it takes a script to move the spawn point, so not for console.
So this mod you mention delivers purchases and contract vehicles or just purchases?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Purchase, and resetting
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

That reminds me. How you reset? I haven’t found that button yet.

JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Helazak wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:18 pm That reminds me. How you reset? I haven’t found that button yet.
Have you zoomed in on it in the map overview and clicked on its dot? I'm inferring on FS19 here but cant imagine them changing that too drastically.

click on the dot on the map overview then somewhere on the screen is links for enter, reset, etc. If you have reset set to yes.