In-game Message To Buy Full Version

iluvgaming1

In-game Message To Buy Full Version

Post by iluvgaming1 »

I am receiving an in-game message to purchase the full version of the game, even though I do already own the full version, and have been playing it from day one. I have seen this message both with applying recent beta patches, and with "opting out" of all beta's. I don't know why this is happening all of a sudden, but it is most annoying that, in the middle of playing, I get this message across the screen, with 'Ok' in the corner, and if I click 'Ok', which I have to in order to make the message go away, the game minimizes to the task bar, and I am taken to a web page to buy the game. I looked through the forum to see if there was already a report about this message, but I haven't seen any other forum topic about it; isn't anyone else seeing this message, besides me?
don_apple

Re: In-game Message To Buy Full Version

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

This is usually caused when using some 3rd party 'shader mods' like 'ReShade' in combination with the Steam version of the game. So if you are using 'ReShade' or similar tools then disable them and the message should not appear anymore.

P.S.: I've moved this from the german to the english section of the forum.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
LindavK1972

Post by LindavK1972 »

Hi,

Why aren't we allowed to use shaders? We did in 17 without any issues. I'm a real screenshot fan and this is blocking my ability to make nice screens, or even play the game with my favorite graphical enhancements, which are needed, because the graphics aren't that good...

Is this going to change, because people who bought the CD can actually play with shaders and i feel discriminated against because of the Steam version.

So fix it...please!!!
Psistorm

Post by Psistorm »

Hmm I do hope its possible to fix that somehow. Those apps are quite popular, and while I myself don't use them, itd obviously be good to have both types of customers use the same types of mods, even if it's third party shaders like that.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

LindavK1972 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:45 am Hi,

Why aren't we allowed to use shaders? We did in 17 without any issues. I'm a real screenshot fan and this is blocking my ability to make nice screens, or even play the game with my favorite graphical enhancements, which are needed, because the graphics aren't that good...

Is this going to change, because people who bought the CD can actually play with shaders and i feel discriminated against because of the Steam version.

So fix it...please!!!
Sorry, I can't help you any further with this, since I'm just a Moderator on this forum and don't work for Giants.

If you want to get this fixed then I'd suggest to open a bug report in viewforum.php?f=965 following the guidelines in viewtopic.php?f=965&t=129830
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules