my friend,Illinois Farmer wrote: ↑Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:31 am1. I thought you said you play with no mods. There are mods listed. For example tow bar mod. Now I didn't have a pc on 17 but on 19, tow bar mod has caused problems.
2. You said stream updated automatically around July 4th. Why would steam update a game that didn't have an update applied. Fs19 got an update, but not fs17. Giants doesn't update that game anymore.
I appreciate your desire to help, so let's be constructive about this and try to troubleshoot the problem
the troubleshooting process is in theory simple, as follows:
1. Identify and describe the symptoms, what actually happen
2. Try to understand what can be the root cause of the problem using multiple methods, like, but not limited to:
- try replicating the problem
- try eliminating extra apps - in our case mods - which I did already
- try to test in different working conditions
- narrow down the results, to what appears to be the cause of the problem, under supervision of a qualified tech support representative, with proper specialized training, preferably from the developer's team
3. Identify the solution
- once the root cause of the problem is somewhat identified, find some solutions, ideal, 2-3 solutions to try and implement
- implement the solutions, one by one and see the results
- if the problem is fixed, note the steps for future reference in case someone else may have the same problem in the future
- if the problem is not fixed, then repeat the entire process, until you fix it
in theory is simple, but as always in practical terms is not as simple as it may be perceived
that being said:
1. I play with mods, tons of it, over 130-150 mods, some of them from Giants directly, some from great mods creators outr there
in my troubleshooting steps, I've also eliminated the mods, entirely not just not checking the mods, but deleting ALL the mods, from the mods folder in the native game structure - so blank, with no mods, just the vanilla base game
I've also uninstalled the entire game and reinstalled once again,- via Steam - so, a fresh new reinstall, with no mods
the result is the same, the problem is still there
I've posted in the log file, or savegame file, one with mods, to give the developers the chance to look deeper and investigate, but once again, I've tried with no mods also, it's the same result
2. Steam is a digital platform geared on sales and promotions of games, a virtual online marketplace to buy games online, download them, and install them on the spot, fast, once payment is complete
- Steam, owned by Valve Corp, has its own software to manage the entire platform, as such they have their own automatic updates for their own software
- Steam also will push automatic updates from the game itself, in this case from FS 17, when the developers release an update or a patch for the game, then automatically, in turn Steam also will push that update to the game-owners and users
yes, just before 4th of July, some update, a major update appears was pushed via Steam - automatically, without my control, without me approving, or not, this update - once I launch the game FS 17, since it's under Steam, then updates will be pushed automatically, regardless if I want it or not
I don't know if it was a Steam update for their own software, or if it was a game update from Giants directly, since I don't work for Steam nor for Giants, so I have no clue - however an update happen, was pushed and installed automaticaly and all - my problem - started after that update, or it appears so... it may not be the update itself, I don't know, that's why I am asking for help from tech support team
- it's not my computer, the game works just fine once I launch it, and as long as I keep playing it, all works fine - how can it be my computer, if the game works while the game is running
- it's not my video card hardware device, nor my driver update, once again, the game works just fine, will display fine, no freezing, no crashes, it runs nice and smooth, while I'm in-game
- it's not the mods - as with, or without the mods - the game works the same, nice and smooth, while I am in-game
the problem is once I save the game, at the time of saving it, or once I load a saved game, at the time of loading it, the loaded game is corrupted as described before, I'm losing all the inventory, grains, fruits, trucks/tractors, trailers/tippers, tools, animals and their own inventory and placebles...
my friend IL farmer, welcome to the world of "tech support" - it's not that easy as it may sound
me, I'm waiting for an answer from Giants representatives, only them can perform proper tech support, assuming they are well qualified, since they developed the game
yet, no one can tell me the answer to a simple question, where is the inventory in my savegame... this is concerning to me, as far as competence... like, really, there is no one reading this call for help, in Giants team competent enough, qualified enough to provide me with a clear answer..??..
this is very concerning to me...