Rottne H21D

Hammarberg90

Rottne H21D

Post by Hammarberg90 »

Hello
So i have this enoying problem with the Rottne H21D
I love to do forestry in FS19 and have my controller nicely configured for forestry.
the problem is that the rottne boom controll is not the same as the rest of the game forestry equipment.
So the problem is that i can't configure the rottne controlls without configuring all machines.
Normaly i would edit the xml in a mod to get it right but the rottne is bought true Steam so i can't becuse its in a .dlc file

Do someone hava a solution for this without screwing up my other equipments controlls?
don_apple

Re: Rottne H21D

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I would suggest to report this issue directly to GIANTS via their public Bug Tracker: viewtopic.php?f=964&t=168424
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Pict

Post by Pict »

Hammarberg90 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:53 am Hello
I love to do forestry in FS19 and have my controller nicely configured for forestry.
the problem is that the rottne boom controll is not the same as the rest of the game forestry equipment.
So the problem is that i can't configure the rottne controlls without configuring all machines.
Normaly i would edit the xml in a mod to get it right but the rottne is bought true Steam so i can't becuse its in a .dlc file

Do someone hava a solution for this without screwing up my other equipments controlls?
I bought this DLC recently and only got around to trying it out last night and have exactly the same problem.

This problem must affect everyone, as it looks like the two main arms have their axis control swapped on the harvester, but not on the forwarder.

So that even if you changed the control settings all of your other harvesters and forwarders would be opposite, including the Rottne DLC forwarder. So that jumping from one to another is still going to be absolutely counter intuitive and frustrating to the point that you give up.

==============

The solution is to fix the harvesters .xml by swapping the two axis controls there so that they are compatible with everything else we paid for.

As you mentioned, this is not possible because it's a DLC and therefore locked.

I don't know if it would be possible to code a small mod that would fix this temporarily, but that shouldn't even be a question as it should be patched by Giants. Yet as I type there is no update available for the Rottne DLC.

===============

Did you report the problem as suggested?

If so did you get any feedback.
Pict

Post by Pict »

don_apple wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:49 am Hello and welcome to the forum!

I would suggest to report this issue directly to GIANTS via their public Bug Tracker: viewtopic.php?f=964&t=168424
Interesting link, thanks.

I had a look with a view to reporting what I see as a game breaking bug with the Rottne DLC that I have purchased.

However, it ask me to sign up. At that point I stopped as I have zero intentions to sign up for anything else. I have already paid for the software which has in turn pushed me to use PayPal (that I didn't need) and signed up to this forum. I would like to report the bug without being coerced into signing up for anything else.
Hammarberg90

Post by Hammarberg90 »

Pict wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:10 am
Hammarberg90 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:53 am Hello

I bought this DLC recently and only got around to trying it out last night and have exactly the same problem.

This problem must affect everyone, as it looks like the two main arms have their axis control swapped on the harvester, but not on the forwarder.

So that even if you changed the control settings all of your other harvesters and forwarders would be opposite, including the Rottne DLC forwarder. So that jumping from one to another is still going to be absolutely counter intuitive and frustrating to the point that you give up.

==============

The solution is to fix the harvesters .xml by swapping the two axis controls there so that they are compatible with everything else we paid for.

As you mentioned, this is not possible because it's a DLC and therefore locked.

I don't know if it would be possible to code a small mod that would fix this temporarily, but that shouldn't even be a question as it should be patched by Giants. Yet as I type there is no update available for the Rottne DLC.

===============

Did you report the problem as suggested?

Yes i did, but nothing has happend on the feedback site.

If it is possible to make small xml mod that changes this.. then i'm not the man to do it :confusednew:

I hope this gets fixed becuse i like the rottne harvester.
Pict

Post by Pict »

Hammarberg90 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:31 pm
Pict wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:10 am Did you report the problem as suggested?

If it is possible to make small xml mod that changes this.. then i'm not the man to do it :confusednew:

So it's just over a month later, any news back from Giants about this?
Hammarberg90

Post by Hammarberg90 »

Pict wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:09 pm
Hammarberg90 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:31 pm
Pict wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:10 am Did you report the problem as suggested?

So it's just over a month later, any news back from Giants about this?
Nope nothing
enigmqtik

Post by enigmqtik »

Nothing here either, I did report on the feedback tracker too over a month ago, and no response at all.

Pretty annoyed that a f****** PAID DLC had still not be fixed as today.

They had to reverse TWO CONTROLS TO MAKE IT WORK CORRECTLY AT LEAST ! Yep it gets me angry.
Not to mention the fact on the fowarder, the boom can't lift high enough to fill the whole bunk.

At least 3D models are nice.
I like looking at those machines, but you know what ? I prefer to use them, especially when I PAID FOR IT !

Cheers guys ! Happy Sunday logging :)
AMD R9 5900x (@4.9GHz) + NHD15, 32GB DDR4 G.SKill Ripjaws 3600 CL16, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070 OC, nVme 980Pro 1To, Seasonic 850Gold in a Corsair 900D.
T500RS, CSPV3, TH8A +SKRS Shifter, 2x T16000M.FCS, DelanClip IR tracker, SimDashBoard, Sony Bravia 42"
enigmqtik

Post by enigmqtik »

don_apple wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:49 am Hello and welcome to the forum!

Sorry to quote you don_apple to get attention, but do we have any news about this ?

5 months since it's out and no correction or info about it.

Thank you in advance.
AMD R9 5900x (@4.9GHz) + NHD15, 32GB DDR4 G.SKill Ripjaws 3600 CL16, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070 OC, nVme 980Pro 1To, Seasonic 850Gold in a Corsair 900D.
T500RS, CSPV3, TH8A +SKRS Shifter, 2x T16000M.FCS, DelanClip IR tracker, SimDashBoard, Sony Bravia 42"
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

enigmqtik wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:27 pm
Sorry to quote you don_apple to get attention, but do we have any news about this ?

5 months since it's out and no correction or info about it.

Thank you in advance.
Sorry, even though I'm a moderator on this forum I don't work for GIANTS, therefore I don't have any insights into what their plans are for fixing this issue.

But my guess is that it most likely won't be fixed for FS19 anymore, since they seem to be fully focused on FS22 now.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
enigmqtik

Post by enigmqtik »

don_apple wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:39 pm Sorry, even though I'm a moderator on this forum I don't work for GIANTS, therefore I don't have any insights into what their plans are for fixing this issue.

But my guess is that it most likely won't be fixed for FS19 anymore, since they seem to be fully focused on FS22 now.
Hi,

Thank you for the reply.
It's a bit sad, but it looks like you're right.

My guess is it's too hard to invert two controls on a vehicle...

Anyway,

Have a good day !
Cheers !
d00b

Post by d00b »

Same problem in fs22... They dont fixit it even in the fs22
enigmqtik

Post by enigmqtik »

Yep Here we go again.

Same with the forwarder. You can lift high enough to fill it up full. At least cranes move are the same as others ingame.