Game Crashing/Freezing on Initial Loading screen with New Thrustmaster Wheel and Pedals connected

cwattyeso

Game Crashing/Freezing on Initial Loading screen with New Thrustmaster Wheel and Pedals connected

Post by cwattyeso »

Tried launching Farm Sim 19 today to play for the first time since getting my new Thrustmaster T-GT Wheel and T-LCM Pedals Last Week. The initial loading window appears but then the game completely freezes and in task manager is showing as not responding. It stays like that until I run TaskKill on my PC. I can't even get the intro movies or to the main menu. However as soon as I unplug both my new wheel and the new pedals from the PC, Farm Sim will load up and run perfectly fine.

Now when I got the wheel last week, first thing I did when connecting it to the PC was update all the drivers and firmware via the program that came with it. The Pedals don't require any driver and windows 10 tells me non are present. Wheel and Pedals both work fine in all my other games.

So what is causing Farm Sim to not want to load and run correctly when both devices are plugged into my PC?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
CombineBert

Re: Game Crashing/Freezing on Initial Loading screen with New Thrustmaster Wheel and Pedals connected

Post by CombineBert »

Maybe move the keybindings.xml in FS and let it create a new one? Worth a shot.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
cwattyeso

Re: Game Crashing/Freezing on Initial Loading screen with New Thrustmaster Wheel and Pedals connected

Post by cwattyeso »

Wow a simple answer and yes that solved the problem. Can't believe I didn't try that one first myself. Though I assumed maybe that the game was smart enough to just update and overwrite the exisiting keybinds.xml for the new wheel. Guess it wasn't. Now I just need to see before I go re-binding all the keys for my controller and the wheel if I'm going to have the issue pop up again when I change the pedals from being connected directly to the PC to instead being connected to and working through the wheel base.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Okay so now it seems like this issue returns everytime I've played the game. When I come to load the game up I get the Crashing/Freezing problem. I delete the input bindings xml and launch the game and it works. I load up a save and have to spend 30 minutes rebinding and mapping my game controller and steering wheel and pedals. I save the bindings, play the game for a few hours, save and exit. Next time I come to launch and it Grashes and Freezes, have to delete the bindings etc etc etc A Vicious Circle that I'm now stuck in and don't know how to fix permanently.

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I've not had the issue you've got but from time to time when the game is slower loading I remove the keybindings xml a put in one I have saved on my desktop with all my bindings set without the duplicates that occur.Maybe you could do the same if you can create one before a crash,until hopefully you get to the bottom of the issue.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Up until this issue started a few weeks ago, I had my keybindings.xml set how I wanted it with my controller and my old Logitech wheel, I even went so far as to make the file read-only so the game or mods couldn't mess with it anymore. However there is no way for me to do this at the minute, as I have to delete the bindings file completely before I launch the game, otherwise it won't launch. I do have a copy of my old bindings.xml on another drive for safe keeping, but sadly copying that into the save folder doesn't allow the game to launch.

cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Okay so I've made a discovery today in testing everything that could be causing my issue, and it's not seemingly a wheel or controller issue at all. I've made a little video showing the problem, now can anyone suggest how we fix this issue?

theSeb

Post by theSeb »

This is a fascinating issue. Out of interest:
1. Have you tried it with a different browser open, like Edge, or Firefox?
2. What does the log file say when you have Chrome open

Some observations:
1. Chrome is trash hence why I got rid of it on all my machines. Somehow just sitting on a blank page it manages to eat CPU in Windows and the autoupdater daemon on MacOS causes a lot of performance issues
2. Chrome updates on a regular basis and FS does not. So, logically speaking, the issue must be Chrome, even though it's still super strange that one would impact the other.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

1. Just tried that and it doesn't open for me with Edge running either or Firefox or Opera. So it seems like for some weird reason on my PC Farming Simulator will not launch if any web browser is running. I now wonder if this might also stem from a Windows Update that happened a couple of weeks ago roughly at the same time this problem started.

GIANTS Engine Runtime 8.0.0 (22969) 64bit Steam (Build Date: Oct 28 2020)
Copyright (c) 2008-2019, GIANTS Software GmbH (giants-software.com), All Rights Reserved.
Copyright (c) 2003-2019, Christian Ammann and Stefan Geiger, All Rights Reserved.
Application: FarmingSimulator2019
Main System
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
Memory: 32696 MB
Physics System
Version: 5.9.5
Thread(s): 2
Input System
Keyboard enabled
Mouse enabled
Gamepad/Joystick enabled
Force Feedback disabled
Devices:
XINPUT_GAMEPAD
Number of Axes: 6
Number of Buttons: 14
Thrustmaster B684 (VID: 044F PID: B684 VER: 0900 Cat: WHEEL)
Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows) (VID: 1532 PID: 0111 VER: 0101 Cat: UNKNOWN)
Audio System
Driver: SoftMixer WASAPI Stereo
Version: 2018.11
Frequency: 96000
Max. active sources: 256
Render System
Driver: Direct 3D 11
Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Version: 27.21.14.6627 (23.4.2021)
Revision: 161
Feature level: DirectX 11
Windowed Mode : off
V-Sync : on
Effective Window Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Started 3 threads for threadpool 'Render threadpool'
Hardware Profile
Level: Custom Very High
View Distance Factor: 3.000000
Shadow Quality: 2.000000 Base-Size: 2048 Filter-Size: 16 Shadow Focus Box true
Shader Quality: 3
Skip Mipmaps: 0
LOD Distance Factor: 3.000000
Terrain LOD Distance Factor: 3.000000
Terrain Normal Mapping: Yes
Foliage View Distance Factor: 3.000000
Volume Mesh Tessellation Factor: 0.500000
Tyre Tracks Segments Factor: 4.000000
Max. Number of Shadow Lights: 10
Max. Number of Lights: 512
Max. Number of Lights Per Cluster: 32
MSAA: 8
Bloom Quality: 5
SSAO Quality: 15
DOF: Enabled
Cloud Quality: 4
EnvMap Blending: Enabled
Setting 'Master Volume': 0.40000000596046
Setting 'Is Train Tabbable': false
Setting 'Radio Vehicle Only': false
Setting 'Radio Active': false
Setting 'Use Colorblind Mode': false
Setting 'Easy Arm Control': false
Setting 'Show Trigger Marker': true
Setting 'Show Field-Info': true
Setting 'Invert Y-Look': false
Setting 'Show Help Icons': true
Setting 'Radio Volume': 0.64999997615814
Setting 'Vehicle Volume': 0.5
Setting 'Environment Volume': 0.5
Setting 'GUI Volume': 0.10000000149012
Setting 'Master Volume': 0.40000000596046
Setting 'Music Volume': 0.5
Farming Simulator 19 (Steam)
Version: 1.7.1.0 b10490
Available Languages: en de jp pl cz fr es ru it pt hu nl cs ct br tr ro kr
Language: en
Time: 2021-05-11 15:36:47
Cheats: Enabled
Available dlc: (Hash: f97f68bac080f31087f100bb2254582c) (Version: 1.2.1.0) pdlc_alpineFarmingPack
Available dlc: (Hash: 8a26fb953e899d24dd116cc447b81313) (Version: 1.0.0.0) pdlc_grimmePack
Available dlc: (Hash: 5c0fc3baac9778e5eff8a9db4caa0b01) (Version: 1.0.0.0) pdlc_rottnePack
Available dlc: (Hash: 5f80c1d76b1adeadba21204a64187da8) (Version: 1.0.1.0) pdlc_andersonPack
Available dlc: (Hash: 4e5e8a8dab70c715801c6120693b83ce) (Version: 1.1.0.0) pdlc_bourgaultPack
dataS2/character/humans/characterAnimation.i3d (66.05 ms)
Available dlc: (Hash: ce8b34ff3e433c683d3d712b4485442d) (Version: 1.3.0.0) pdlc_claasPack
Available mod: (Hash: ead70e1c2d12e839d2b7d7b668b6e8db) (Version: 1.0.0.0) FS19_claasDominator108SL
Available mod: (Hash: 75491079a8559e879bd2d347b8e7c942) (Version: 1.0.0.0) FS19_claasTorion1914DevMule
dataS2/character/humans/pedestrians/pedestrianAnimation.i3d (23.50 ms)
Available mod: (Hash: 3266b9e838b49100e8b3610fb07ea808) (Version: 1.0.2.0) FS19_holmerPack
Available mod: (Hash: f3e2f764087e1a916d2608a2c5625548) (Version: 1.0.1.0) FS19_horschPack
Available mod: (Hash: 5253057f2c5deb14910f1eddfaf17e8e) (Version: 1.0.0.1) FS19_johnDeere6MSeries
Available mod: (Hash: a6e6179d8835867bc61861c39e18d5b9) (Version: 1.0.0.0) FS19_johnDeereXUV865M
Available mod: (Hash: e0afcef487f47e2ae12d52199160141e) (Version: 1.0.0.0) FS19_mahindraRetriever
Available mod: (Hash: 25ff36058fc2a668d1beb9613f6c40dc) (Version: 1.0.0.0) FS19_mahindraRetrieverLimited
Available dlc: (Hash: 016cd10c66fb7218c80d7e5d6bd03366) (Version: 1.0.0.0) pdlc_johnDeereCottonPack
Available dlc: (Hash: d323fffc2a645144d8118916dd96b13c) (Version: 1.1.0.0) pdlc_kvernelandPack
which is what I've been getting, so it is trying to load the game, but then just stops when the game freezes/crashes and appears in task manager as not responding. So it's not giving any errors or any indication as to what it's not liking and why it won't launch correctly. Because I have to forcekill the game as I can't interact within any windows or the task manager panel when the game has crashed using a taskkill.exe I made myself I launch from the taskbar, the log obviously never adds the "Application Quit" line when it gets closed down correctly.

theSeb

Post by theSeb »

This is truly a weird thing, but I have noticed that when I had Forza Horizon 4 frozen and alt tabbed out of it last week I could not click on the start menu or the task launcher to kill FH4 - similar problem to what you were showing in the video.
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

Does it also hang if you launch FS from the desktop shortcut rather than in Steam? Have Steam closed.
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yes it does. It also hangs if I try launching from my Mod Folder Manager Program. It's also impossible to play the Steam Version of the game with Steam Closed, any attempt to do so causes the computer to try and launch steam, and then after steam has opened then it continues and launches Farm Sim. I should also point out that Steam also won't actually open on my PC now if a browser of any kind is open. So whatever is going on even prevents Steam being launched and opened if a browser window is open first. Close the browser and Steam will then appear and load. Very annoying, because if I've pressed the icon a couple of times, and then realised I have a browser open, when I close the browser I then get multiple versions of steam or the game open.

CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

Steam itself is in effect a glorified browser making use of Chrome and IE components from what I have read.

Are you experiencing this issue with any other games?

Current FS19 Maps:
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yes lots of games and some other windows applications too.

CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

You earlier posts eluded to this to being a FS issue when it would appear it is not and is a victim of said issue.

When I launch FS a brief Steam validation window appears and disappears, the main Steam application does not open.

Not sure what else to suggest to be honest other than a reinstall of Steam over the top though I did see something about refreshing game cache files. Maybe worth a google.

Current FS19 Maps: