Dedicated server - steamcmd support?

RedSpid3r

Dedicated server - steamcmd support?

Post by RedSpid3r »

Dear GIANTS,

based off this thread viewtopic.php?t=89619

are there any plans to included support for steamcmd launching OR distributing dedicated server builds via steamcmd? I now own 3 copies of the game for a solution i cannot run.

The current implementation of dedicated servers is really bad and not intuitive or user friendly at all.

Hope this improves with 22!
enigmqtik

Re: Dedicated server - steamcmd support?

Post by enigmqtik »

Hi,
Does your issue related to the fact you have to validate the server launch each time you retstart it from the Web panel ?

Cheers
AMD R9 5900x (@4.9GHz) + NHD15, 32GB DDR4 G.SKill Ripjaws 3600 CL16, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070 OC, nVme 980Pro 1To, Seasonic 850Gold in a Corsair 900D.
T500RS, CSPV3, TH8A +SKRS Shifter, 2x T16000M.FCS, DelanClip IR tracker, SimDashBoard, Sony Bravia 42"
RedSpid3r

Post by RedSpid3r »

enigmqtik wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:49 am Hi,
Does your issue related to the fact you have to validate the server launch each time you retstart it from the Web panel ?

Cheers
No. I built a docker container to run the game using WINE and Steamcmd. Currently I am running this on a Windows 10 VM, but a docker container is much less resource intensive and more flexible.

The web UI works fine, but the server will not launch because the web ui always reports that "Game is not activated" despite the game being installed via steamcmd on an account that owns the game on Steam. My guess is that because the game does not support launching via steamcmd it is not passing the steam user credentials / not recognising that the user has a valid license via steam.

In an ideal world, GIANTS would release dedicated server binaries that can be downloaded for free like many other steam native games

Any input from GIANTS would be greatly appreciated - are there any command line launch options that can be used?
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

If your copies have less than 2hrs of run time you could return/refund them on steam and then purchase through GIANTS. Also known as my highly nontechnical work around rather than solution.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.