DX 12 not working for some. Dev response?

strudders2112

DX 12 not working for some. Dev response?

Post by strudders2112 »

Morning all.

There are a number of posts regarding issues with DX 12 not launching the game. I am one. Whilst DX 11 will run the game, the performance is not great.

Is there going to be a dev response to this as I feel that getting people to edit their Game.XML file to change render from D3D_12 to D3D_11 is not ideal or fair on those that perhaps do not have the knowledge?

This is a game issue and not a system issue. DX 12 is running fine on many other games.

Also, why is there not an option in the game settings to change the render option? Seems a bit odd that it has been left out and that editing the Game.xml is the only way.
strudders2112

Re: DX 12 not working for some. Dev response?

Post by strudders2112 »

Update:

Win 10 Pro needed to be updated to the latest version.

Whilst this might sound like a "Duh you should do that anyway". No. There are reasons why some of us remain on older builds of Win 10 Pro and Farming Sim 22 should not be the reason to update.

I have updated my bug report.
Tekjunkie28

Post by Tekjunkie28 »

How do you know if DX 12 vs 11 is running??
strudders2112

Post by strudders2112 »

You have to change the render option in the Game.XML file.

As mine would not load in DX 12, I changed it to DX 11 and it fired up.

Mercor

Post by Mercor »

strudders2112 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:43 pm Update:

Whilst this might sound like a "Duh you should do that anyway". No. There are reasons why some of us remain on older builds of Win 10 Pro and Farming Sim 22 should not be the reason to update.

I know what you mean... I am still on version that was before anniversary update. I cannot update my GPU drivers which seems to be required for Model shaders 6.0 or whatever they were called, probably because AMD Catalyst needs newer .NET framework. I cannot even install .NET 4.8 while Win 7 guys can... But my decision of not updating is MS decisions on Windows UI Design and worsened UX in newer versions.
strudders2112

Post by strudders2112 »

Mercor wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:34 pm

I know what you mean... I am still on version that was before anniversary update. I cannot update my GPU drivers which seems to be required for Model shaders 6.0 or whatever they were called, probably because AMD Catalyst needs newer .NET framework. I cannot even install .NET 4.8 while Win 7 guys can... But my decision of not updating is MS decisions on Windows UI Design and worsened UX in newer versions.
They really should have been more open about the specs. I was on build 1809 which was from 2019 and updating to the latest version was not painless either.

Due to the passage of time and the crappy way the update process works, I had to disable the entire .net framework before the update world even work.

I feel for you, the whole nightmare has tainted my view of the game.

However first adopters n all, so I guess it is my fault.
bennythen00b

Post by bennythen00b »

I'm on Windows 10 version number 1607 and I had the same issue. I refunded the game.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Mercor wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:34 pm

bennythen00b wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:47 pm I'm on Windows 10 version number 1607 and I had the same issue. I refunded the game.

You're running an unsupported operating system. What did you expect? Even Windows 8.1 is still in support. Anything pre-1909 for Windows 10 isn't.
bennythen00b

Post by bennythen00b »

Well.. Considering Farming Simulator 22 is the only game that I own that will not run on this system, I expected the game to run.

I got my money back though so there's no issue.