Game starting

urDAD8968

Game starting

Post by urDAD8968 »

Hey guys. In previous titles if you leave the game then the in-game time would continue in the background and like the crops would grow while your off the game. In fs22 this.doesnt work for me. I always load in the exact time I left meaning that growing crops takes too long as I like to play other games whole waiting. Has anyone else had an issue with this. If so please help. Thanks
Zero76Gaming

Re: Game starting

Post by Zero76Gaming »

You know you can go to sleep right in game? So time skips forward.

Also you might wanna look into renting a dedicated server. That's the only way i know to keep the game itself running. So even when you shut everything off, your server is still up and running.
urDAD8968

Post by urDAD8968 »

Yeh I know about sleeping but it's the fact then when I go off the game and either play something else or just turn my xbox onto standby the game time should still continue so crops can grow and stuff but for me.it doesn't do that. On fs19 that worked fine. I'd plant something. Come back in a few days and it'd be ready to harvest but on 22 it doesn't work for some reason even if I speed the time up
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

urDAD8968 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:21 pm Yeh I know about sleeping but it's the fact then when I go off the game and either play something else or just turn my xbox onto standby the game time should still continue so crops can grow and stuff but for me.it doesn't do that. On fs19 that worked fine. I'd plant something. Come back in a few days and it'd be ready to harvest but on 22 it doesn't work for some reason even if I speed the time up
Yeah your only solution for this is renting a dedicated server. It isn't expensive and it runs 24/7.
urDAD8968

Post by urDAD8968 »

How much are they and how do I rent one
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

urDAD8968 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:36 pm How much are they and how do I rent one
For me it was around 6-7 euro's a month to rent it.

You got Gportal and Nitrado (as far as I know of)
I used nitrado and it worked like a charm for me.
https://server.nitrado.net/en-GB

Make sure to get the 25gb extra modspace, only cost 2 euro's more. But there are different options.

Here is a video on how to set it up:
https://youtu.be/CjgH2br85hQ
urDAD8968

Post by urDAD8968 »

Oh ok. Cool thanks. If you or anyone else find any other way then please let me know.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

urDAD8968 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:21 pm Yeh I know about sleeping but it's the fact then when I go off the game and either play something else or just turn my xbox onto standby the game time should still continue so crops can grow and stuff but for me.it doesn't do that. On fs19 that worked fine. I'd plant something. Come back in a few days and it'd be ready to harvest but on 22 it doesn't work for some reason even if I speed the time up
That wasnt a thing in 19 either. If the game isnt running then it freezes where its at. Its always been like that.
Playing on PC and PS4
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Drmattymd wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:15 am That wasnt a thing in 19 either. If the game isnt running then it freezes where its at. Its always been like that.
That's what I thought as well. But i wasn't sure about it so I didn't mention it.
So yeah I only think there is one solution then, renting a server.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Sounds like a server thing yes.
Never have behaved like that in basegame.
Would have ruined a lot of savegames that way for sure
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...