FS19 and two Windows versions?

Cajunwolf

FS19 and two Windows versions?

Post by Cajunwolf »

I preordered fs19, and while checking the Giants download page IN preparation when I see two Windows versions, one for 7 and one for 8 & 10. I'm running Windows 7 at present, but will be upgrading another machine to Windows !0 soon so what's the deal here? Do I download the Windows 7 version and have to pay for another copy to put on my Windows 10 machine later when I move everything over? It's the afternoon of the 19th here in Houston, Texas and I wanted to download tonight when it became available, but this presents a possible setback. When I preordered the hard copy of the collector's edition it mentioned nothing about two versions nor did the Giants\FS website mention this when I preordered. Does anybody have any information on this quagmire?
ihuntinde

Re: FS19 and two Windows versions?

Post by ihuntinde »

I don't think you'll have to buy 2 versions. The only difference between the two windows versions is that one is a .IMG file and one is a .ZIP file. The .IMG file can be opened / mounted using File Explorer in Windows 10, where the windows 7 version can just be extracted as a single setup.exe file and run from that.

Honestly, there probably isn't a reason why you can just download the Windows 7 version and use it on either Windows 7, 8, or 10... At least, thats my 2 cents worth of opinion. The only real difference that I can think of is something to do with DirectX? maybe?
Cajunwolf

Re: FS19 and two Windows versions?

Post by Cajunwolf »

Good points ihuntinde, and that's what I'm going to do. I have the collector's edition coming via mail so no big woof I guess. Hey thanks for the timely reply, enjoy!