Logitech G920 Force feedback and FS19

CarterKoopa

Re: Logitech G920 Force feedback and FS19

Post by CarterKoopa »

Had the same problem. Fixed it by doing WindowsKey + R, then typing joy.cpl, click on your steering wheel from the list and click Properties -> Settings -> Check the Enable Centering Spring Box and turn the slider down to something like 15%, then close out.

Hope this helps!
D.Acker

Post by D.Acker »

I'm not having an issue with HUD flickering, but as soon as I go into FS19 I start running backwards until I hit the brake and after I jump to a couple vehicles the camera keeps slowly panning down and to the right.

Thoughts?

**Edit** Seems to be in the Saitek side panel for some reason. I had look up\down\right\left mapped to the joystick, removed the mapping, problem solved. Not sure why I wasn't having the issue in FS17, but whatever.
Heyward83

Post by Heyward83 »

I am also have the same issues on iMac and Windows. If anyone has configured the inputbindings for the wheel to be useable please post it.
WildBill813

Post by WildBill813 »

Same here.

Logitech G920 and Saitek/Logitech Farming Side Panel seem to have some binding that crashes FS19 on vehicle entry. If I clear all of my gamepad/controller bindings, I can get around with the keyboard and do basic stuff fine. (I haven't tried playing entirely with a keyboard or gamepad so I don't know if it'll still crash at some point even without the wheel or panel connected.)

This seems like such a basic problem that I'm absolutely astonished that this either didn't show up during testing and early release, and even more shocked that it made it through to public release. G920s and G29s are everywhere, as are Thrustmasters and even older GT wheels. The Saitek/Logitech farming wheel and side panel were made and marketed with an almost exclusive target of FSxx players.

I have over a thousand hours played between FS15 and FS17, and I really hope that Giants is working on a patch to fix these most glaring issue with FS19. Unfortunately, their silence on this issue is deafening. Even a simple response from them acknowledging that they are at least looking into the reports would go a long way to calming our nerves. As it stands, until I see something about a fix for these issues, I'll not be playing FS19 and may consider a refund if it isn't resolved soon.

At least FS17 still rocks.

WB
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

WildBill813 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:22 pm Unfortunately, their silence on this issue is deafening. Even a simple response from them acknowledging that they are at least looking into the reports would go a long way to calming our nerves. As it stands, until I see something about a fix for these issues, I'll not be playing FS19 and may consider a refund if it isn't resolved soon.
Like this you mean? viewtopic.php?f=965&t=131017
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
WildBill813

Post by WildBill813 »

CombineBert wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:32 pm Like this you mean? viewtopic.php?f=965&t=131017
Yes, exactly like that.

That said, this is such a major issue that I would have expect this information to be in big marquis letters on the top of the support and bug report forums.

Regardless, I'm very happy that Giants is working on a fix and can't wait to be able to enjoy the game.

WB
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

It is a sticky post in the bug reports section.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
BeerHuntor

Post by BeerHuntor »

CarterKoopa wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:26 am Had the same problem. Fixed it by doing WindowsKey + R, then typing joy.cpl, click on your steering wheel from the list and click Properties -> Settings -> Check the Enable Centering Spring Box and turn the slider down to something like 15%, then close out.

Hope this helps!
Dont get the option to uncheck anything, only reset defaults and calibrate which is grayed out so i cant click on it anyway
Damofarm

Post by Damofarm »

The only way I could get the G920 to work was by unplugging the power supply. There is no force feedback but at least i could turn the wheel and get on with some very important farming. As for the controller problems, I sat mapping for 3 hours and eventually got my controller to a reasonable state of functionality.

I guess we just have to wait for Giants to patch this, the sooner the better.
mata93

Post by mata93 »

I have the same problem with my Driving Force GT Logitech.
When I set up my settings in logitech profiler, game don`t read it and everything is very strenght.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

alant82 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:07 pm Hi,
Logitech G920 user here too and same issues. HUD flickering can be resolved by changing one of the menu options that decides whether to show the controls for keyboard or gamepad - it's set to automatic by default but setting it to one or the other stops the flickering. I wasted about an hour trying different things to reduce the wheel stiffness but in the end the only thing that worked for me was to unplug the wheel's power! Not ideal but gets me farming.
Exact same issue here
(☞ຈل͜ຈ)☞
Viplanet

Post by Viplanet »

Coldlandlord wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:24 pm this is a joke. Had the game for 5 hours now and its unplayable with controllers. All I have done is spent hours changing settings, test it, doesn't work, try something else, doesn't work. Constant flickering of control icons key bindings that don't do anything.
From the first day of the game until now I'm in the fight with the commands, even to put parts of the scenario I managed to put the house with great difficulty and 2 or 3 buildings more, now I can not do anything ... I'm having a frustrating experience. Some bugs are expected, but I'm in the mood to leave the game until things stabilize. (pc + g25 + joystick)
Happy chickens, happy farmer
mata93

Post by mata93 »

Lynchy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:40 pm
alant82 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:07 pm Hi,
Logitech G920 user here too and same issues. HUD flickering can be resolved by changing one of the menu options that decides whether to show the controls for keyboard or gamepad - it's set to automatic by default but setting it to one or the other stops the flickering. I wasted about an hour trying different things to reduce the wheel stiffness but in the end the only thing that worked for me was to unplug the wheel's power! Not ideal but gets me farming.
Exact same issue here
The same situation... It`s soo :frown:
KnarF86

Post by KnarF86 »

I had the same issue.
What made mine work was by doing this:

https://community.logitech.com/s/questi ... gs-changes
Damofarm

Post by Damofarm »

The only way I could get the game to work was to unplug the G920 from my PC. My Xbox one controller worked fine after unplugging. All the in-game icons (shop, bank, modify vehicle) also started to work. It just means that I cannot use my wheel until Giants release another patch but I can live with that.