FS19 - Very low CPU utilization

Bas24898
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:34 pm

Re: FS19 - Very low CPU utilization

Post by Bas24898 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:41 pm

Same problem here,

I have tot a gtx 1050 ti and an Intel i7 CPU. But still i cant run the game on 60 fps during gameplay. No matter what grafic settings. Problem shows op with harvesting in the cab and some other things. What can i do about it? I also bought the game on steam. Fs17 worked perfect om nu pc.

If you know how to fix this please let me know?

JCB12
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:11 am

Re: FS19 - Very low CPU utilization

Post by JCB12 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:54 pm

Hey bud im having the same problems the resolution scaling is a major issue turn it off game goes great no lag and so on but looks stuff turn it on game looks great but runs stuff plenty stuttering etc etc dunno why for the life of me giants added this stupid resolution scaling their is no use for it FS17 ran on the highest settings on my pc and not a problem out of it now FS19 is causing me nothing but issues sorry to say FS19 AT THE MOMENT IS A TOTAL BAG ON NUTS AND BOLTS HOPEFULLY THE NEXT UPDATE WILL GET RID OF RESOLUTION SCALING if they don't looks like some people aren't gonna get the enjoyment of it without spending a fortune on upgrading a graphics card just to run FS19

User avatar
Rbk_3
Posts: 566
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:34 pm

Re: FS19 - Very low CPU utilization

Post by Rbk_3 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:27 pm

JCB12 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:54 pm
Hey bud im having the same problems the resolution scaling is a major issue turn it off game goes great no lag and so on but looks stuff turn it on game looks great but runs stuff plenty stuttering etc etc dunno why for the life of me giants added this stupid resolution scaling their is no use for it FS17 ran on the highest settings on my pc and not a problem out of it now FS19 is causing me nothing but issues sorry to say FS19 AT THE MOMENT IS A TOTAL BAG ON NUTS AND BOLTS HOPEFULLY THE NEXT UPDATE WILL GET RID OF RESOLUTION SCALING if they don't looks like some people aren't gonna get the enjoyment of it without spending a fortune on upgrading a graphics card just to run FS19
You have a 1050ti. That isn't a very powerful card. If you go to 200% you are using double the resources.
1080p 60fps is about the maximum that card is capable of.
Bas24898 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:41 pm
Same problem here,

I have tot a gtx 1050 ti and an Intel i7 CPU. But still i cant run the game on 60 fps during gameplay. No matter what grafic settings. Problem shows op with harvesting in the cab and some other things. What can i do about it? I also bought the game on steam. Fs17 worked perfect om nu pc.

If you know how to fix this please let me know?

Do you have AA at 8x? Try turning it down. On my 1080ti at 4k, I get drops harvesting if I have AA all the way up.
PC: 9600k/1080ti

Bas24898
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:34 pm

Re: FS19 - Very low CPU utilization

Post by Bas24898 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:01 pm

Rbk_3 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:27 pm
JCB12 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:54 pm
Hey bud im having the same problems the resolution scaling is a major issue turn it off game goes great no lag and so on but looks stuff turn it on game looks great but runs stuff plenty stuttering etc etc dunno why for the life of me giants added this stupid resolution scaling their is no use for it FS17 ran on the highest settings on my pc and not a problem out of it now FS19 is causing me nothing but issues sorry to say FS19 AT THE MOMENT IS A TOTAL BAG ON NUTS AND BOLTS HOPEFULLY THE NEXT UPDATE WILL GET RID OF RESOLUTION SCALING if they don't looks like some people aren't gonna get the enjoyment of it without spending a fortune on upgrading a graphics card just to run FS19
You have a 1050ti. That isn't a very powerful card. If you go to 200% you are using double the resources.
1080p 60fps is about the maximum that card is capable of.
Bas24898 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:41 pm
Same problem here,

I have tot a gtx 1050 ti and an Intel i7 CPU. But still i cant run the game on 60 fps during gameplay. No matter what grafic settings. Problem shows op with harvesting in the cab and some other things. What can i do about it? I also bought the game on steam. Fs17 worked perfect om nu pc.

If you know how to fix this please let me know?

Do you have AA at 8x? Try turning it down. On my 1080ti at 4k, I get drops harvesting if I have AA all the way up.
I saw the problem whas gone when i turned off the Vsync

ekeenan
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:42 pm

Re: FS19 - Very low CPU utilization

Post by ekeenan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:11 pm

If Resolution Scaling is the issue then they should find another option. I have the 1060 6gb which is not tops, but better then the 1050Ti. The point is that even on the low setting, the stuttering was actually worse. Middle ground is having custom settings between medium and high and even then I still get the stutters, but not that bad.

The other factor is that I believe there is a resource issue. One of the known bugs which involves transferring the crop from combine to wagon is something that I also experienced. The difference is that while playing around with the graphic settings, the issue went away. In fact I am almost finished with the harvesting of field 8 contract and for the most part, I have been able to transfer the crop from combine to wagon.

Notabotatall27
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:50 am

Re: FS19 - Very low CPU utilization

Post by Notabotatall27 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:55 am

"Thats because a brand deal with Nividia, Giants optimized the game to run well on Nividia's cards while purposely running poorly on AMD cards. In every other game I get 80 fps max settings on every other game with my 8gb rx580, but 20 fps max or low settings in fs19 its ridiculous."

Disregard me from a year ago. I was kind of an ass. but really, if someone with similar specs needs help I have attached my Settings XML which gives me good performance. Sorry for being an ass.

Drag and drop this file into C:\Users\(your name)\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019
Attachments
gameSettings.xml
(2.06 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Last edited by Notabotatall27 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryzen 5 2600x 4.1 GHZ
Rx580 8gb
16 gb DDR4 @2666mhz
FS19 is on an SSD.

User avatar
W1der
Posts: 3684
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: SWEDEN

Re: FS19 - Very low CPU utilization

Post by W1der » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:27 am

I cant get my GPU to 100% ever ... if I lower my settings it will even run on around 40% load but I still get frame drops without noticing any extra load on the GPU.

My CPU is hardly working at all ... :confusednew:
[Win10] Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz / GTX1070 Dual OC 8GB GDDR5 / 32GB 2133MHz DDR4 SDRAM

svkb
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:31 am

Re: FS19 - Very low CPU utilization

Post by svkb » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:38 pm

It's a game optimization/old game engine issue. I don't think there's anything we can do about it. I upgraded my card to a RTX 2060. I run 4k but there are times I get stutters and FPS drops, I look at my GPU and CPU usage in RIVA Tuner and neither of them are anywhere near close to maxed out.

I wish I knew more but it seems this topic comes up again and again with no real long lasting solution. Heck, in the first 12 posts in the tech section, 4 of them are related to this issue.

If someone does come up with a real fix they will by my hero for life LOL!
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super

Notabotatall27
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:50 am

Re: FS19 - Very low CPU utilization

Post by Notabotatall27 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:10 pm

But then you see these Youtubers with specs similar to some members of this thread that get 200 fps with like 50 tractors and 10,000 bales. Whats up with that? Special editions on a competent game engine?
Ryzen 5 2600x 4.1 GHZ
Rx580 8gb
16 gb DDR4 @2666mhz
FS19 is on an SSD.

LastSaskyPirate
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:14 pm

Re: FS19 - Very low CPU utilization

Post by LastSaskyPirate » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:35 pm

Notabotatall27 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:10 pm
But then you see these Youtubers with specs similar to some members of this thread that get 200 fps with like 50 tractors and 10,000 bales. Whats up with that? Special editions on a competent game engine?
Right???!

Like don’t get me wrong I get it that Giants send their Pro team optimal specs for the game, all in all these YouTubers earned where they are, so I’m good with that part. The part I’m not good with is that my rig that is in the top 30 in 3 different popular benchmarks, lobs out 30fps for a $65 game? Ok big whoop top 30, but all I mean by this is I know how to use and maximize my rig and I could get the exact same performance on something that costs 1/4 of the price. Again no big deal I enjoy tinkering my build, but I just don’t understand this issue. How can there be zero help from the devs on this? It’s an issue. Obviously it can be done, there is a secret recipe that the youtubers get. I spend more time adjusting one setting at a time than actually in game. 19 is a write off now and part of the learning process. I just really hope my $65 is going toward fixing this issue for 21. To be honest I’ll be waiting 2-3 months after 21 comes out and if the problems solved they will get my $65 again, if not I’ll just buy more beer.

User avatar
this_is_gav
Posts: 1014
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:36 pm

Re: FS19 - Very low CPU utilization

Post by this_is_gav » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:52 am

What a load of ********.

I'm not a Youtuber nor do I have access to a "special edition" of FS19, I've got a PC with a 12 year old CPU and an 8 year old GPU and that runs FS19 at 60FPS at 2540x1440p. Obviously not at top details, but still, if your PC is as good as you claim then you ought to be able to run the game at top detail at 60FPS at most resolutions.

You've probably got dozens of script mods causing all manner of issues which is dragging your game down. If you remove all mods (not just deselect them in-game) do you still get terrible performance?

If so, what are the specs of your PC and please post your log.txt file so we can see what's going on.

As things stand I have to cast doubt on your claim of being in the top 30 of popular benchmarks as if you are you will almost certainly need to have a PC cooled by liquid nitrogen to do so.

Notabotatall27
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:50 am

Re: FS19 - Very low CPU utilization

Post by Notabotatall27 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:53 pm

LastSaskyPirate wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:35 pm
Notabotatall27 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:10 pm
But then you see these Youtubers with specs similar to some members of this thread that get 200 fps with like 50 tractors and 10,000 bales. Whats up with that? Special editions on a competent game engine?
Right???!

Like don’t get me wrong I get it that Giants send their Pro team optimal specs for the game, all in all these YouTubers earned where they are, so I’m good with that part. The part I’m not good with is that my rig that is in the top 30 in 3 different popular benchmarks, lobs out 30fps for a $65 game? Ok big whoop top 30, but all I mean by this is I know how to use and maximize my rig and I could get the exact same performance on something that costs 1/4 of the price. Again no big deal I enjoy tinkering my build, but I just don’t understand this issue. How can there be zero help from the devs on this? It’s an issue. Obviously it can be done, there is a secret recipe that the youtubers get. I spend more time adjusting one setting at a time than actually in game. 19 is a write off now and part of the learning process. I just really hope my $65 is going toward fixing this issue for 21. To be honest I’ll be waiting 2-3 months after 21 comes out and if the problems solved they will get my $65 again, if not I’ll just buy more beer.
Hey man, Ive been playing with settings, resolutions, and some other random nonsense. I've created an optimized experience for me. Now im giving you my settings XML file for you to try. I don't know what GPU you have but if its somewhere around a 580/1060 then this will help. Vsync is on (to prove a point turn it off if you want), 80+ fps on the american map, 2xmsa, 140% resolution scaling, at least 60 in fields, over a hundred in other parts of the map on high settings. Idk what I did but this should at least help. Everything is on max preset, except relevant settings, their on high.

Replace your gameSettings.xml in C:\Users\(yourname)\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019
Attachments
gameSettings.xml
(2.06 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Ryzen 5 2600x 4.1 GHZ
Rx580 8gb
16 gb DDR4 @2666mhz
FS19 is on an SSD.

Notabotatall27
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:50 am

Re: FS19 - Very low CPU utilization

Post by Notabotatall27 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:55 pm

this_is_gav wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:52 am
What a load of ********.

I'm not a Youtuber nor do I have access to a "special edition" of FS19, I've got a PC with a 12 year old CPU and an 8 year old GPU and that runs FS19 at 60FPS at 2540x1440p. Obviously not at top details, but still, if your PC is as good as you claim then you ought to be able to run the game at top detail at 60FPS at most resolutions.

You've probably got dozens of script mods causing all manner of issues which is dragging your game down. If you remove all mods (not just deselect them in-game) do you still get terrible performance?

If so, what are the specs of your PC and please post your log.txt file so we can see what's going on.

As things stand I have to cast doubt on your claim of being in the top 30 of popular benchmarks as if you are you will almost certainly need to have a PC cooled by liquid nitrogen to do so.
Dude I list my specs as they are. Sadly, there are engine problems, and learn to take a joke. I don't run mods and I have been testing setting to resolve this issue. However, there are serious optimizations. I don't claim to have an amazing PC, I claim to have one above recommended specs. I've dealt with this for about a year of not being able to play a game I've payed full price for. Only now can I play it with no help from your remarks. You want my log.txt? here.
Attachments
log.txt
(148.71 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Ryzen 5 2600x 4.1 GHZ
Rx580 8gb
16 gb DDR4 @2666mhz
FS19 is on an SSD.

User avatar
LS09God
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:38 am
Location: Netherlands.

Re: FS19 - Very low CPU utilization

Post by LS09God » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:41 am

Notabotatall27 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:55 pm
this_is_gav wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:52 am
What a load of ********.

I'm not a Youtuber nor do I have access to a "special edition" of FS19, I've got a PC with a 12 year old CPU and an 8 year old GPU and that runs FS19 at 60FPS at 2540x1440p. Obviously not at top details, but still, if your PC is as good as you claim then you ought to be able to run the game at top detail at 60FPS at most resolutions.

You've probably got dozens of script mods causing all manner of issues which is dragging your game down. If you remove all mods (not just deselect them in-game) do you still get terrible performance?

If so, what are the specs of your PC and please post your log.txt file so we can see what's going on.

As things stand I have to cast doubt on your claim of being in the top 30 of popular benchmarks as if you are you will almost certainly need to have a PC cooled by liquid nitrogen to do so.
Dude I list my specs as they are. Sadly, there are engine problems, and learn to take a joke. I don't run mods and I have been testing setting to resolve this issue. However, there are serious optimizations. I don't claim to have an amazing PC, I claim to have one above recommended specs. I've dealt with this for about a year of not being able to play a game I've payed full price for. Only now can I play it with no help from your remarks. You want my log.txt? here.
That the game engine has issues is obviously clear. Many powerful machines struggle to keep FPS at an acceptable level. But under the next quote I tell something about getting things fixed for me. Maybe you can use it to.
Notabotatall27 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:53 pm
LastSaskyPirate wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:35 pm
Notabotatall27 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:10 pm
But then you see these Youtubers with specs similar to some members of this thread that get 200 fps with like 50 tractors and 10,000 bales. Whats up with that? Special editions on a competent game engine?
Right???!

Like don’t get me wrong I get it that Giants send their Pro team optimal specs for the game, all in all these YouTubers earned where they are, so I’m good with that part. The part I’m not good with is that my rig that is in the top 30 in 3 different popular benchmarks, lobs out 30fps for a $65 game? Ok big whoop top 30, but all I mean by this is I know how to use and maximize my rig and I could get the exact same performance on something that costs 1/4 of the price. Again no big deal I enjoy tinkering my build, but I just don’t understand this issue. How can there be zero help from the devs on this? It’s an issue. Obviously it can be done, there is a secret recipe that the youtubers get. I spend more time adjusting one setting at a time than actually in game. 19 is a write off now and part of the learning process. I just really hope my $65 is going toward fixing this issue for 21. To be honest I’ll be waiting 2-3 months after 21 comes out and if the problems solved they will get my $65 again, if not I’ll just buy more beer.
Hey man, Ive been playing with settings, resolutions, and some other random nonsense. I've created an optimized experience for me. Now im giving you my settings XML file for you to try. I don't know what GPU you have but if its somewhere around a 580/1060 then this will help. Vsync is on (to prove a point turn it off if you want), 80+ fps on the american map, 2xmsa, 140% resolution scaling, at least 60 in fields, over a hundred in other parts of the map on high settings. Idk what I did but this should at least help. Everything is on max preset, except relevant settings, their on high.

Replace your gameSettings.xml in C:\Users\(yourname)\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019
Well, first of all, you set the light quality on 3 meaning high. I personally don't like the look of it. It also limits the amount of lights visible at night time. So you're bumping up the FPS that way. Very high also let's you use all vehicle lights at once, high does not let you do that.
Second, FOV is set at 70, which for me personally, is to low. Makes me sick, if I use it for a longer period. That also helps to keep FPS up.

I prefer to play with FOV @90, Very High light settings and keep the draw distances at a lower level. All LOD settings are on 120%. Tessellation is set @60%, cause that's a real FPS killer. And lastly, the Object draw distance is @135%, to keep asset popping to a minimum. Also, scaling set at 100, Vsync off in game. Vsync turned on (fast mode) in Nvidia settings. Also in Nvidia settings enable triple buffering.

Now, I had some issues lately, frame drops, random crashes to desktop and so on. Been searching for solutions on the webs.
Some guy, about some totally different game wrote that he forgot to set his memory to XMP. Huh??? Light-bulb above my head......
I also didn't do that when I build me system. Went into the Bios and o my god what a mess. HT(HTT) set wrong, NB also wrong, Memory running 666mhz, while advertised as 933mhz.

So, I first let the bios load an XMP 1866 profile, that will set the timing of the DRAM to the max. Then find out at what speed my CPU likes to run best. Keep my HT as low as I can, you don't need much. More is worst in this case. Very high HT bus settings will make the system unstable.
HT bus directs the flow of data from the Memory to your CPU. To high and stuff goes berzerk.
Wrestle with the NB(North-Bridge) and the multipliers to set a stable speed. I actually lowered the multiplier from 17x to 16.5x running CPU @3.4Ghz instead of 3.5Ghz and never had a crash again. FPS even went up a little because of a more stable system.
Bottle necking is a thing, FS19 is very sensitive towards that. Could be optimization wise or just limitations of Giants Engine.
If the flow of data is not optimal, you can run into all kinds of issues described earlier. Some games are more forgiving and have less problems.
This game needs one thing though, that is GOOD use of multiple CPU Cores. FS19 does not use multiple CPU cores well at the moment. Would be grand to see that in the future, like DirectX12, MultiCore abilities.

Loads of gamers shout at games for not doing what they want it to do. Often times it's the pc itself that's the culprit, not the software. You can put all the best and fastest stuff in your system and still get low FPS and high CPU usages when you fail to set stuff right in the BIOS.
Above mumbo jumbo is all AMD related stuff, for Intel you also have these options.

So, check the hardware, before blaming the software......

EDIT: Anti-aliasing in FS19 is heavy on the system, even if set at 2x. To use anti-aliasing while it being turned off in game, you can download the free program ReShade. Don't know the link of the top of my head, but Google is your friend. It runs with FS19 and you can set a lot of stuf. Like smaa, fxaa, filmgrain, sharpness, HDR and so on. With this tool you can make FS19 look awesome with little resources. You can even use the black and white filter to make awesome old times role_play video's. This tool works with almost all games and makes them cool. Skyrim is one of the games where people use it a lot.
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.

Notabotatall27
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:50 am

Re: FS19 - Very low CPU utilization

Post by Notabotatall27 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:47 pm

LS09God wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:41 am
Notabotatall27 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:55 pm
this_is_gav wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:52 am
What a load of ********.

I'm not a Youtuber nor do I have access to a "special edition" of FS19, I've got a PC with a 12 year old CPU and an 8 year old GPU and that runs FS19 at 60FPS at 2540x1440p. Obviously not at top details, but still, if your PC is as good as you claim then you ought to be able to run the game at top detail at 60FPS at most resolutions.

You've probably got dozens of script mods causing all manner of issues which is dragging your game down. If you remove all mods (not just deselect them in-game) do you still get terrible performance?

If so, what are the specs of your PC and please post your log.txt file so we can see what's going on.

As things stand I have to cast doubt on your claim of being in the top 30 of popular benchmarks as if you are you will almost certainly need to have a PC cooled by liquid nitrogen to do so.
Dude I list my specs as they are. Sadly, there are engine problems, and learn to take a joke. I don't run mods and I have been testing setting to resolve this issue. However, there are serious optimizations. I don't claim to have an amazing PC, I claim to have one above recommended specs. I've dealt with this for about a year of not being able to play a game I've payed full price for. Only now can I play it with no help from your remarks. You want my log.txt? here.
That the game engine has issues is obviously clear. Many powerful machines struggle to keep FPS at an acceptable level. But under the next quote I tell something about getting things fixed for me. Maybe you can use it to.
Notabotatall27 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:53 pm
LastSaskyPirate wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:35 pm


Right???!

Like don’t get me wrong I get it that Giants send their Pro team optimal specs for the game, all in all these YouTubers earned where they are, so I’m good with that part. The part I’m not good with is that my rig that is in the top 30 in 3 different popular benchmarks, lobs out 30fps for a $65 game? Ok big whoop top 30, but all I mean by this is I know how to use and maximize my rig and I could get the exact same performance on something that costs 1/4 of the price. Again no big deal I enjoy tinkering my build, but I just don’t understand this issue. How can there be zero help from the devs on this? It’s an issue. Obviously it can be done, there is a secret recipe that the youtubers get. I spend more time adjusting one setting at a time than actually in game. 19 is a write off now and part of the learning process. I just really hope my $65 is going toward fixing this issue for 21. To be honest I’ll be waiting 2-3 months after 21 comes out and if the problems solved they will get my $65 again, if not I’ll just buy more beer.
Hey man, Ive been playing with settings, resolutions, and some other random nonsense. I've created an optimized experience for me. Now im giving you my settings XML file for you to try. I don't know what GPU you have but if its somewhere around a 580/1060 then this will help. Vsync is on (to prove a point turn it off if you want), 80+ fps on the american map, 2xmsa, 140% resolution scaling, at least 60 in fields, over a hundred in other parts of the map on high settings. Idk what I did but this should at least help. Everything is on max preset, except relevant settings, their on high.

Replace your gameSettings.xml in C:\Users\(yourname)\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019
Well, first of all, you set the light quality on 3 meaning high. I personally don't like the look of it. It also limits the amount of lights visible at night time. So you're bumping up the FPS that way. Very high also let's you use all vehicle lights at once, high does not let you do that.
Second, FOV is set at 70, which for me personally, is to low. Makes me sick, if I use it for a longer period. That also helps to keep FPS up.

I prefer to play with FOV @90, Very High light settings and keep the draw distances at a lower level. All LOD settings are on 120%. Tessellation is set @60%, cause that's a real FPS killer. And lastly, the Object draw distance is @135%, to keep asset popping to a minimum. Also, scaling set at 100, Vsync off in game. Vsync turned on (fast mode) in Nvidia settings. Also in Nvidia settings enable triple buffering.

Now, I had some issues lately, frame drops, random crashes to desktop and so on. Been searching for solutions on the webs.
Some guy, about some totally different game wrote that he forgot to set his memory to XMP. Huh??? Light-bulb above my head......
I also didn't do that when I build me system. Went into the Bios and o my god what a mess. HT(HTT) set wrong, NB also wrong, Memory running 666mhz, while advertised as 933mhz.

So, I first let the bios load an XMP 1866 profile, that will set the timing of the DRAM to the max. Then find out at what speed my CPU likes to run best. Keep my HT as low as I can, you don't need much. More is worst in this case. Very high HT bus settings will make the system unstable.
HT bus directs the flow of data from the Memory to your CPU. To high and stuff goes berzerk.
Wrestle with the NB(North-Bridge) and the multipliers to set a stable speed. I actually lowered the multiplier from 17x to 16.5x running CPU @3.4Ghz instead of 3.5Ghz and never had a crash again. FPS even went up a little because of a more stable system.
Bottle necking is a thing, FS19 is very sensitive towards that. Could be optimization wise or just limitations of Giants Engine.
If the flow of data is not optimal, you can run into all kinds of issues described earlier. Some games are more forgiving and have less problems.
This game needs one thing though, that is GOOD use of multiple CPU Cores. FS19 does not use multiple CPU cores well at the moment. Would be grand to see that in the future, like DirectX12, MultiCore abilities.

Loads of gamers shout at games for not doing what they want it to do. Often times it's the pc itself that's the culprit, not the software. You can put all the best and fastest stuff in your system and still get low FPS and high CPU usages when you fail to set stuff right in the BIOS.
Above mumbo jumbo is all AMD related stuff, for Intel you also have these options.

So, check the hardware, before blaming the software......

EDIT: Anti-aliasing in FS19 is heavy on the system, even if set at 2x. To use anti-aliasing while it being turned off in game, you can download the free program ReShade. Don't know the link of the top of my head, but Google is your friend. It runs with FS19 and you can set a lot of stuf. Like smaa, fxaa, filmgrain, sharpness, HDR and so on. With this tool you can make FS19 look awesome with little resources. You can even use the black and white filter to make awesome old times role_play video's. This tool works with almost all games and makes them cool. Skyrim is one of the games where people use it a lot.
Like I said in a previous post in this thread, I run everything else fine. It isn't my PC, I know what I'm doing with it. Like I said when posting my settings is that those settings gave me the best FPS with no stutter. Technically I think its an issue with my card not being pushed hard enough causing to constantly flare up and down its clock speed, probably an incompatibility between Giants Engine and the AMD drivers causing heavy downloading. Having some really demanding settings was a goal, because I found that running at a Higher resolution or 140% scaling pushed my card harder which resulted in lower average FPS but no stutter. I set my pc to XMP on first boot, I don't run overclocks anymore, until I can replace the stock cooler, but I'm afraid most the issues is from the game engine.
Ryzen 5 2600x 4.1 GHZ
Rx580 8gb
16 gb DDR4 @2666mhz
FS19 is on an SSD.

Post Reply