Game Download Multiple Failures?

DFWSupertrooper

Game Download Multiple Failures?

Post by DFWSupertrooper »

I don't know what's causing this and I may be barking up the wrong tree, but I have still not been able to get a download file to work. Each time at least one of the .bin files is corrupt so extraction in preparation for install fails (I'm now downloading for the FIFTH time)! I can't get faster than 1.2MB/Sec so it's taking over an hour and a half EACH TIME. VERY FRUSTRATING! :frown:

This could be my connection, but there are no signs of the connection failing or stalling the last four attempts. Is anyone else having the same issue? If not, guess it's just on my end somewhere...I'd love to play someday.
DFWSupertrooper

Re: Game Download Multiple Failures?

OK, now I've tried SEVEN times and failed. I've used two different computers, two different Internet connections (one wireless and one wired). I've successfully downloaded the files, and even got them to extract without error. But, when I run the installer, I STILL get an error: 2019\data\maps\mapUS.i3d.shapes "source file is corrupted."

CANNOT GET THIS THING TO INSTALL! Windows 7 PC. My PC is more than capable of running this thing! I don't understand what the Hell is going on.

Can I get a new download link or something??
DFWSupertrooper

Finally got the installation to run if I clicked "Ignore" on the corrupt file. Installed. On initial game Career start, stuck on loading screen after setting up character and reviewing graphic settings, etc. Waited approximately 3 minutes while loading and then lock up (Giants Engine stopped responding).

Restarting computer...hoping that clears the issue. Will report that either I was successful and game is working or I quit trying.
DFWSupertrooper

Clean restart. Launch game. Re-attempted starting career on Ravenport (Farm Manager). Loading now for over 7 minutes and counting. No error or lockup, just keeps on loading! I dunno if it has to do with the "corrupt" file or if it's just that long to load. I don't have issues with other games currently so it's likely not my machine. I'll try loading the other map and see if it works, so at least I can narrow it down to the corrupt US map file referenced above perhaps.
DFWSupertrooper

Fail on Felsbrunn too. Wont load either map on Farm Manager. Tried a different game mode: New Farmer...also failed to load.

After several attempts and two computers and two different internet connections, I am convinced the corrupt file is the culprit. Is ANYONE else having this corrupt file on download issue??
DFWSupertrooper

So, I've tried multiple downloads (beyond 10 now), using Firefox, Chrome, and IE, on two different computers, using wired and wireless internet, two different extraction methods, none of which produced a clean game install. The only time I got an install to actually execute I had to ignore multiple corruption errors on various files and although the game started, could not play beyond loading career menu.

Every other time, I cannot even complete an installation without a corruption error on various .bin files (some times it's 1, sometimes it's 2, or sometimes it's the third, but at least ONE is corrupt EVERY SINGLE TIME I download. Would LOVE to play this game I bought.

Any ideas/suggestions...I'm open??

Despite AT&T Uverse Internet pulling around 22M/Sec download speed consistently, I cannot muster better than around 1MBPS or .9 on average and I guess somewhere the file is getting screwed up. Can I somehow download each file separately or something to avoid the corruption?? Is something else causing it??
robvdheijden

Post by robvdheijden »

Hello,

Im sorry about your problem. And even though i have no clue why it is failing it might be an idea to do some basic troubleshooting.

I know close to a 100 people that installed fs sofar. none of them have the issue your describing so im gonna assume the problem is your pc. Also if you have an install error dont even bother pressing ignore you really need all those files.

Things to check:
Might be a stupid suggestion but are you downloading the right version? windows 10 vs windows 7
Make sure you are installing as admin.
When retrying an install make sure the old version is deleted.
Try installing to a non standard location (to check if its a permission issue)
Make sure windows is updated.

If i can think of other possible solutions i will edit this message.

Also it might be an idea to post your pc specifications.

Maybe other people also have suggestions.
Hope this helps.
Rob
DFWSupertrooper

First of all, thanks for responding...still trying to work through it this morning. New download, no issue on extraction, but during install it crapped out on: ...terminator18.dds something, and on ropa\panther2\panther2_02_specular.dds, then continued after ignore (I'll note your suggestion on not ignoring and apply that if this doesn't load a game - I'm sure I DO need them).

Answers below:
robvdheijden wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:36 am Things to check:
Might be a stupid suggestion but are you downloading the right version? windows 10 vs windows 7
Yes, Windows 7.
robvdheijden wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:36 am Make sure you are installing as admin.
Will try that next if this doesn't load.
robvdheijden wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:36 am When retrying an install make sure the old version is deleted.
Yup...always do, or it hasn't actually installed anyway each time.
robvdheijden wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:36 am Try installing to a non standard location (to check if its a permission issue)
Always do (I have a dedicated drive for this and a few other small games).
robvdheijden wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:36 am Make sure windows is updated.
It is...ran Windows Update three times prior to install and restarted clean to ensure updates completed.
robvdheijden wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:36 am Also it might be an idea to post your pc specifications.
Intel i5-3570 3.4GHz
16GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GTX 660Ti
2TB HDD (750GB Free on HDD I'm Installing to)

Thanks for any suggestions.
DFWSupertrooper

So, update...nothing worked. I checked every diagnostic my computer could run looking for hardware or system reasons the downloads would always extract with corrupt errors. Even tried Windows Repair, etc. Troubling because the error would also happen if I downloaded on another PC, and copied EITHER the raw ZIP file or the extracted sub files over and ran also, so I couldn't pinpoint the issue at all. I can;t say for sure it's my system, since the errors involved multiple computers. I cant say it's GIANTS for sure because I cant eliminate the error on my system and have no way to isolate if it's ONLY this install. I can't say it's the Internet connection because other things run fine and speed is not an issue.

Finally decided to just upgrade to Windows 10, lose all my other software I'd no longer be able to run and assume it was my system.

Downloading the new FS19 version now after a CLEAN W10 install and hard drive formats. SLOWLY...getting only about 300 KBPS (and another file downloaded at over 2MBPS earlier so I know it's not a slow connection on my end)...but I don't care if it works!

Will update on the new file success/failure ASAP.
DFWSupertrooper

OK, this is ridiculous. After downloading the file now for Windows TEN, after a COMPLETE new operating system, I thought I had it made. Made it farther in the install process than typically on Windows 7, but got corrupt file error on vehicles\johnDeere\header618C\618Decals_specular.dds.

What the Hell is going on? I've now even tried a NEW OPERATING SYSTEM, new file from you guys, and STILL....is there something wrong with the key you guys gave me? I don't understand. How can this be???

Is it God's will that I never get to play this game?? Can I PLEASE get a different download link or something that's faster maybe? Is that the issue?? Help me understand what the Hell can possibly be going wrong. EVERYTHING is up to date and working fine except this damn executable download!

I've tried different browsers, different computers, different Internet connections (wireless vs wired), and now even OPERATING SYSTEMS! Same issue every time but different place during the install, so it is probably not the file itself. What the Hell can it be???
DFWSupertrooper

Does it not like a non-standard drive perhaps?? That's the only thing I HAVEN'T tried (leaving it on C:/). Does it have to be the default drive?
DFWSupertrooper

OMG! I'm FINALLY IN! There was a straggling Windows Update file that didn't install until I restarted again. I reran the setup and BOOM. Alright, that solves that issue. I'm FINALLY able to load a game. Can't wait to try this *censored*!

Thanks GIANTS!