Post by MrStromer »

Here is how I resolved the issue on my Sony Bravia:
- On the TV, I went to Menu, Settings, Screen, Display Area
- Under Display Area I changed it from "Normal" to "Full Pixel"

Hope that helps someone else.
Johnny112

Re: Screen size on consoles

Post by Johnny112 »

ltl.vamp wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:33 pm No problems on Xbox one X with 4K TV.

PS4 only?

EDIT: OK, I found a Xbox user with this problem in the German forum, but he made an update to his TV and now seems to work:
viewtopic.php?p=1036933#p1036933
I have same issue on my xbox one s, other games work good.

JamP

Post by JamP »

Hello guys, has any implemented way to resize the screen in fs19 been implemented? I bought this today and I'm having the same problem, all the corners cut. I played fs17 for over 2500 hours and that didn't happen on Xbox one S.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Seriously y'all need to learn how to use your TV's.
Its not Giants fault, just need to change your setting on TV.
16:9 is no good you need it on "full" or "scan".
Will be in TV setting menu somewhere or on remote as " aspect ratio", "picture size" or "zoom".
Maybe next time try some troubleshooting before you go blaming game devs for your inability to use your technology.
Just saying....
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
JamP

Post by JamP »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:23 am Seriously y'all need to learn how to use your TV's.
16:9 is no good you need it on "full" or "scan".
Will be in TV setting menu somewhere or on remote as " aspect ratio", "picture size" or "zoom".
Maybe next time try some troubleshooting before you go blaming game devs for your inability to use your technology.
Just saying....
Yes it's serious. My TV has a problem with some games regardless of the configuration. However, in some games there is a resizing of the active screen.

With the same configuration on fs17 I don't have this problem.

Maybe next time you will ask before decreasing someone without your wonderful technological skills. You may lack social skills.

Just saying...

Ps.. A small side note, I didn't blame any dev for that in my previous post, I just asked if it was implemented. Interpreting text is also a cool skill
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Travislima

Post by Travislima »

Am finding this problem too. I am currently on lockdown and cant get my tv i know works fine. I am currently borrowing a panasonic tv. I know how to change screen size etc. But this does not solve anything. Other games work fine without changing anything. It is just fs19. I understand some tvs can work around this issue but mine currently cant. If giants could issue a patch or something as a work around it would help alot of people with this issue. I am tech savvy and have looked up many links to work around this and nothing has helped.
If you have nothing useful or helpful to say and just want to criticise us go ahead if that makes u feel better but that wont help resolve this
Edit. I did find a option on my tv by accident. Turns out there is a 'over scan' option that isnt in the picture settings.
Still people obviously have problems with this and every game i play has a option to change screen sizes in game. This would just be a good idea to put into the game
Only saying please dont fly if the handle and put all ur repressed anger into us
Dragonwrath

Post by Dragonwrath »

I'm in the same boat. My TV is an older plasma 60" and I've tried everything I can to make the field bigger on my console as well as my TV. I've gone into the settings and changer user aspect ratio to program defined. Went into my console and changed the display area settings.
Regardless of what I do the same thing effects my ability to play this game. If nothing else, move the user interface closer to the middle areas of the screen please. This should eliminate screen cutoff.
Right now I can't even play this game because of the cutoff.
Until this is fixed I'm highly disappointed and cannot even play the career mode.

Thanks for your time and hopefully a fix in the near future.
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:23 am Seriously y'all need to learn how to use your TV's.
OP's question was about PS4.
It is Giants problem, not his PS4 or TV settings or any of that.
Unlike a "monitor" that displays every pixel 1 for 1, a "TV" very commonly has a "display" area that is larger than the actual visible area within the bezels (frame) of the "TV". This dates back to when there was "garbage" in the extreme edges of a TV signal that people wouldn't want to see so it was "hidden" behind the bezels of the "TV". Sony provides on the PS4 a setting called "Display Area Settings" that "shrinks" the active output area to account for TV's that aren't adjustable (which is MANY), but FS19 does not respect this setting, unlike most other games on PS4. For whatever reason, Giants has coded the game on PS4 to ignore this system setting. Short of Giants fixing it, or those affected upgrading to a "TV" or "monitor" that can shrink the displayed video (or has a 1:1 active display inside the bezels), we'll continue to have cut off edges. If FS19 respected this PS4 system setting, the problem would be gone without people having to buy new TV's.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Xbox had the same problem even pc to a tv you get that problem. If you change your tv screen settings then everything is fine. I have done this on 3 different types of TVs to no problem.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:43 pm If you change your tv screen settings then everything is fine.
MANY MANY TV's can't "shrink" their picture area.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

What kind of TVs can't shrink? On my 27 years of living I have never had a tv that couldn't change the screen size. I am actually curious on my question.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
dplmartin

Post by dplmartin »

I had the same issue on PS4. I do think Giants should respect the PS4 system setting for visible area. That’s what it’s there for. However, on my Panasonic plasma, I was able to fix the issue by going into the main menu, selecting Picture, Advanced settings and turning Overscan to Off. This stops the TV from hiding pixels behind the bezel.
vladguru

Post by vladguru »

It's almost 2023 and this is still a problem... add a screen resize option like MK11, easy and fast.