[FS19] Suspending the TrackIR

Lothaletrus

[FS19] Suspending the TrackIR

Post by Lothaletrus »

Is it only me there is a problem with using the TrackIR? All the time he turns it off after a few minutes of playing for no reason, and so it is every time. Let me just say that even work properly, before today's update.
KnarF86

Re: [FS19] Suspending the TrackIR

Post by KnarF86 »

So far I have no issues like that.
But my experience is that the axis seems a bit off.

When you look straight ahead, and turn to look back, it seems like it doesnt look straight back, so you have to look more down to get at the same level as when you were looking forward.
I have checked the calibrations, and it works fine in FS17.
Wrongway

Post by Wrongway »

Not noticed that issue with TrackIR. But I have found TrackIR doesn't seem to work with the Mahindra supplied with pre-order versions of FS19.
Undertuned

Post by Undertuned »

I have the "wrong angle"-issue as well. Looking left or right, the view is at a ~30 degree angle. And in the Mahindras (both the red and the black), the TrackIr doesn't work...
Lothaletrus

Post by Lothaletrus »

I played a bit longer yesterday, and somehow there was no strange suspension. Although TrackIR does not have full support in this game such as Roll, and according NaturalPoint is included option.

I will be grateful if the programmers or creators check this option.
ServiusTheBear

Post by ServiusTheBear »

The only issue I have it seems to be on a angle when I turn my noggin but does not bother me to much.
Buzz2112

Post by Buzz2112 »

I've got a case of both the Mahindra and the weird view angle to boot.

I've also just posted on the Natural Point forum, have to wait and see if it can be corrected.
You don't have to be a farmer to be outstanding in your field. But it helps.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

As an FYI, the turning of the head tilting your view when you twist has nothing to do with Track IR at all. Viewers of my stream using mouse for their camera get this, also. Just wanted to contribute to the thread to toss that info out there.

I have checked the XML of vehicles in game. The developers for some stupid unknown reason decided in FS19 to change ALL vehicle cameras to point down 25 degrees by default ... an idiotic move if you ask me. Changing the camera angle back to 0 again fixes the silly head tilt and returns Track IR to how we are used to it from FS17.

As for the Mahindra ... now THAT one is why I stumbled on this thread ... and I am still seeking a solution to TIR not working in it. I have compared the code of that vehicle to other vehicles. One issue I saw was that the XML lists the camera as "false" for inside camera. however, changing this to "true" has no effect. But it does appear that the devs programmed the Mahindra to have both indoor and outdoor camera on the Mahindra be treated as outdoor cameras. SMH
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
KnarF86

Post by KnarF86 »

Faelandaea wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:30 pm I have checked the XML of vehicles in game. The developers for some stupid unknown reason decided in FS19 to change ALL vehicle cameras to point down 25 degrees by default ... an idiotic move if you ask me. Changing the camera angle back to 0 again fixes the silly head tilt and returns Track IR to how we are used to it from FS17.
By the XML you mean xml for all vehicles, or is there one general XML for that?
ServiusTheBear

Post by ServiusTheBear »

@Faelandaea

Thats ok like I said it does not bother me. Thought I might point it out.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

No worries :)

@Knarf ... each vehicle has its own XML.

oddly enough, about 20 minutes ago I got Track IR working on the Mahindra. Not even sure what i did or how, but it is working now.

As for the head tilt ... to correct that, you'll need to make a mod of your preferred vehicle(s) and change "-25 180 0" to "0 180 0" in your XML for the indoor camera. The "-25" makes your head look down at the dash of the vehicle by default, and that's what is creating the oddball tilt as you turn your head. Make the "-25" a "0" and your head becomes level.

Back on track with the OP, though ... I did an experiment and left my game running while AFK ... Track IR never shut down. My thoughts ... is there security software running that might be affecting it? Also, your computer doesn;t have power save turned on for hard drives, does it?
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
kizzard

Post by kizzard »

Faelandaea wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:19 amoddly enough, about 20 minutes ago I got Track IR working on the Mahindra. Not even sure what i did or how, but it is working now.
I think you were right with inside=true. Just tried that and I now have head tracking in the Mahindra. It probably was set like that because the Mahindra doesn't have a closed cab, maybe related to noise dampening. Good find, I missed that when trying to locate the issue.

Also, you don't have to make your own mods to change the default vehicles. You can just edit the vehicles XML directly in the data folders. Just keep backups in case they get overwritten during updates.
kizzard

Post by kizzard »

If anyone is interested I made a patch tool in Python to fix the camera for all vehicles at once: https://gist.github.com/kizzard/5315952 ... 6c802c758c
WildBill813

Post by WildBill813 »

Faelandaea wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:19 am No worries :)
As for the head tilt ... to correct that, you'll need to make a mod of your preferred vehicle(s) and change "-25 180 0" to "0 180 0" in your XML for the indoor camera. The "-25" makes your head look down at the dash of the vehicle by default, and that's what is creating the oddball tilt as you turn your head. Make the "-25" a "0" and your head becomes level.
This is a decent fix, but I thing it's still a bug that needs a permanent solution. Here's my reasoning:

A downward view isn't necessarily a bad thing, If the driving position is high in a vehicle, the 25deg downward tilt makes sense and allows you to see down and out instead of looking mostly at the roof of a tractor. There are several FS17 vehicles that 'suffer' from this problem.

Here's the problem: The axis about which the camera rotates is perpendicular to the plane of view from that camera. As a result, with a -25 tilt forward, looking left or right you get a 25deg sideways view, and at 180 you are looking into the sky. If the axis of rotation was changed to be perpendicular to the seat, then the 25deg downward tilt would always be in the direction of the view, front, back, and side. As it should be.

That may require a significant code rewrite, but it's the way it was in FS17 and I have no idea why it was changed in 19, other than as an oversight. To me, this just seem to be due to lack of testing before release. (Similar to the plethora of controller issues out there.)

WB
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

@WildBill813 - Exactly. I think just fixing the -25 back to 0 is the better way to go. We did fine in FS17, FS15, FS11, etc. etc. with no head tilt ... i think people can survive 19 with 0 as well, also. In fact this is a feature I can;t even find any evidence of people even asking for. No one I think cared about a head tilt till this mess came up in 19.
Faelandaea Dravin