Saitek wheel and sidepanel

lukejcbishop

Saitek wheel and sidepanel

Post by lukejcbishop »

Hi

The Saitek sidepanel and wheel that I own are not working quite as they should in FS19. In FS17 and FS15 they were just plug and play with a few minor personal changes, but in FS19 when they are recognized by the game all of the controls are weird combinations. Also when I try to remap the controls it will only let me program one button instead of multiple which is required for some controls. If anyone has experienced this and fixed the issue any help would be greatly appreciated.
norfolk farmer

Re: Saitek wheel and sidepanel

Post by norfolk farmer »

There are numerous issues with varied controllers which as yet remain unresolved which is very frustrating.
Rime Pendragon

Post by Rime Pendragon »

I have the same problem. Weird that in FS 17 it worked right out of the box and now it's a broken mess....
pingu

Post by pingu »

To me it is just mind-boggling that they could release FS19 without working support for not only the same gaming devices that worked flawlessly in FS17, but for the very special (and only?) device on the market that was made just for this type of game (probably even this very gaming title)... Logitech even use FS17 screenshots in their pr for the product. And 6 days after I downloded it - a commercial product, not a beta - there is still no working support for either the farm wheel + pedals + side panel or joysticks. Nobody at GIANTS plays this game with wheel, pedals and joystick? And no, I don't find "solutions" like constantly remapping keys or fiddling with .xml-files or only having some functions available acceptable solutions for a commercial game.

On a side note, I get the feeling that players on consoles have far less gamebreaking problems than those using Windows or macOS. Is this a trend? Mobile devices and consoles are first priority, and those who use "old-fashioned" desktops with loads of gaming devices connected are second priority?
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
WildBill813

Post by WildBill813 »

pingu wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:16 am On a side note, I get the feeling that players on consoles have far less gamebreaking problems than those using Windows or macOS. Is this a trend? Mobile devices and consoles are first priority, and those who use "old-fashioned" desktops with loads of gaming devices connected are second priority?
I don't think it's a trend per se, but it isn't new either.

Consoles have generally been less buggy because there are fewer variables to consider in their design. There are only so many consoles to design for. In this case, PS and XB. Whereas PCs are as varied as the people using them.

That said, it seems almost as if in the case of FS19, the PC version is a port of the console version, not the other way around. I hope I'm wrong, but the statements from Giant's Lethian that FS19 only supports 4 input devices on PC is puzzling. I have a keyboard, mouse, wheel/pedal/shifter, and the Side Panel. Just right there is 4 devices. I also have TrackIR that I insist on using in all driving games, and FSxx is no different. (Since TrackIR may not be seen as a controller, this may not be an issue.) Add in button boxes available for added input, sifter SKRS mods to add even more shifter function, and even tablet/phone software input applicaitons, and the decision to limit inputs to 4 doesn't make sense.

Don't get me wrong, FS19 looks fantastic, graphically. But in it's current state, I'm just not playing it. I purchased it a couple weeks before release, played it for just shy of 2 hours, and put it away. I too was unable to get my inputs squared away and was constantly bit by the crash bug when tabbing into vehicles. I really hope that Giants will fix the input problems quickly so that I can enjoy this title.

In the meantime, I'll stick to FS17 in all of it's modded glory, and add to the 650+ hours that I already have playing there.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

If I had realised that 19 was going to be a downgrade in terms of controllers no way would I have purchased it. After several wasted hours of frustration in trying too make it work I have given up.I am playing 17 again a game that actually works.
LoyalExpert

Post by LoyalExpert »

I am also having an issue with my wheel and side panel. I wish the controls would be set the same as FS17. I had spent several hours trying to copy and remap them, only to not be able to fully remap them fully. So now I am having to use the keyboard along with the wheel.
Apache1222

Post by Apache1222 »

I use Keyboard, Mouse, Saitek side panel, and a Logitech G13 gamepad. Like most of you have said, this combo worked flawlessly in FS17. However in FS19 its been something of a pain in the rear. I managed to find the Logitech G13 Joystick device (which had a PID matching what the inputbindings.xml said was being used) in device manager and disable it to keep the game from binding any commands to it. This doesn't really bother me because the Logitech Gaming Software handles how that particular device behaves when in any game through the profiles that get loaded when a game launches.

I even applied the 1.1.2 beta patch and the only way I was able to get a multi-button assignment was to manually edit the input bindings.xml file. At some point here, maybe tonight, I will be popping in and out of the game, while I edit the inputbindings.xml and reloading so I can make sure the bindings work as intended. This is also mainly going to be for the cranes/frontloader/telehandlers to control the arms better.

I do hope however that Giants will come out with a reasonable, working solution for this issue. Maybe also give us the ability to disable input devices that we don't want to be seen as an input device. Even right now if I change the input help option to gamepad it does not want to display the controls listed for the Side Panel.
Holle74

Post by Holle74 »

FS19 version 1.1.3. first time installing Saitek set and they works on game, did not test keybindings yet so well. After updating Logitech gaming software to version 9.02.65. game finds Saitek set and menu finds keybindings, but on game no response and F1 menu not show keys, only keyboard + mouse is shown and works. Advise and help needed me too!

Warning: My friend updating Logitech gaming software was not goes well, did not install update but finding again and again that same 120 Mt update. Uninstalling software and trying to download software and installing...not succeed! update download yes but after click open file and install, nothing happens... no software been installed...wheel and pedals (G29) not recognized any more!?!? Any solutions? Help will be pleased!
LoyalExpert

Post by LoyalExpert »

@Holle74 any look with the new update? i have been waiting to see if they get a update to make the wheel and side panel work like they did in 17.
perwel

Post by perwel »

For me Saitek heavy kit for FS works in 19 as it did in 17.

I do not understand what the problems are.
My Saitek heavy boundle just works perfect, no problems at all !!!
Steering and pedals working, maybe some buttons have changed what they do but
in general it just works the way it did in 17. Sidepanels stick and buttons works as it always have.

I am on Win7 64 Ultimate. Maybe the problem is with Win10 if you have that.
And stay away from that Logitech game software, only makes trouble.

I run latest FS19 1.2 Beta

No idea!??
Win 10 Pro, i5 11600K 4.9 Ghz, RTX 3060 Ti 8GB, 32Gb mem, 4 SSD, 2 M2, 1 HDD
Per W
Sweden