Grass not growing to final stage (PC)

Beastbubba

Grass not growing to final stage (PC)

Post by Beastbubba »

I created a topic in general discussion and asked about this. It seemed to be only happening to PC players.

Grass is stopping at first Harvest stage, will not continue to grow after that. I personally have waited 5 days (3 at slow growth 2 more at full growth speeds). I haven't had much time to play, but I have now let a field grow and mowed it twice. Even the grass on that property not in the field will not grow (the grass I run over while mowing is stuck on stage 1 harvest). I'm assuming the grass is the same as in 17 which was only 50% yield at stage 1? That is a massive loss in yield...
PC gamer.
Ruges

Re: Grass not growing to final stage (PC)

Post by Ruges »

There are 4 stages of grass in the game on PC

1. Harvested (purple)
2. 1rst stage (green) not harvestable
3. 2nd stage (yellow) harvestable (seems like this stage yields a full harvest.
4. (orange). This stage is only for default grass on the map. And grass will never grow to this stage.

In 17 it used to be:
1 Harvested (purple)
2 1rst stage (yellow) half harvest
3 2nd stage (Orange) full harvest

There is a different visualization for each stage in 19. But it seems like someone changed grass to 3 growth stages for FS19, but did not remove the bits about there only being 2 growth stages, so you never see the 4th stage (3rd growth).
Shadow250

Post by Shadow250 »

There are 4 stages of grass in the game on PC

1. Harvested (purple)
2. 1rst stage (green) not harvestable
3. 2nd stage (yellow) harvestable (seems like this stage yields a full harvest.
4. (orange). This stage is only for default grass on the map. And grass will never grow to this stage.

In 17 it used to be:
1 Harvested (purple)
2 1rst stage (yellow) half harvest
3 2nd stage (Orange) full harvest

There is a different visualization for each stage in 19. But it seems like someone changed grass to 3 growth stages for FS19, but did not remove the bits about there only being 2 growth stages, so you never see the 4th stage (3rd growth).
if true maybe the grass height should match the orange grass which is taller and suggests that another stage is possible for the yellow grass.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Console players are not having this issue. They are getting full Orange harvest stage.

And why in the world would the grass not be designed to grow to the default height????

This is just a bug on PC, And I assume it is affecting yield, but I don't have a console copy nor a friend that does to be able to test that...
PC gamer.
Ruges

Post by Ruges »

@beast. What are consoles stages?

I dont think it affects yield on PC. However it does affect contracts. IE because grass never reaches the orange state, you never get grass harvest contracts. Also you cannot fertilize grass during the yellow stage on PC.
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

I have not messed with grass yet. I have watched some twitch streamers trying to complete baling contracts and all of them seem to be having issues with not enough bales to complete contract.

After reading this I would have to assume there is a bug that is preventing grass to reach final growth stage and the higher yield to produce enough grass to complete the contract.

Again I have not messed with grass I am just putting together the posts here with what I watched on stream. It makes sense to me that the problem is a bug with growth stage/yield.

Anyone that can confirm that is what is going on should probably post a bug report. If I ever get to a baling contract and run into this I hope I remember to report it.
Cardos

Post by Cardos »

There's a fix posted here if you're willing to edit some game xml (credit to theSeb): viewtopic.php?f=963&t=134357&start=15

File to change (for a steam installation) is: Steam\steamapps\common\Farming Simulator 19\data\maps\maps_fruitTypes.xml

Find the "grass" section, and change numGrowthStates from "3" to "4" in the growth subsection.

I've made the change myself but haven't had time to test, I'm hopeful though.

Warning: According to the warning in the data directory, editing these files will prevent you from playing multiplayer.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

I understand that there is a fix for this in an upcoming patch