No sound HDMI to TV

eve333

No sound HDMI to TV

Post by eve333 »

I play on pc (steam) and them HDMI to TV.
Everything else works fine (YouTube, FS17,...) and as soon as I start FS19 to sound is gone.
Anyone else having this problem?
hallfastrac

Re: No sound HDMI to TV

Post by hallfastrac »

Start your game in windows mode not full screen, then check your sound settings by hovering over speaker icon bottom right task bar it will tell if your tv is the default sound, mine has defaulted to headphones a few times.
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

good to know, plan to switch to my tv once I get it fixed or replaced. Sad the new tv has one side darker than the other. something to do with the multi frequency for the 3d visuals or some such nonesense.

All this advance in tv and my old rca vacuum tube tv and stereo work just fine today. Seems I have to replace the flat screen about every 2 or 3 years.
eve333

Post by eve333 »

hallfastrac wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:52 pm Start your game in windows mode not full screen, then check your sound settings by hovering over speaker icon bottom right task bar it will tell if your tv is the default sound, mine has defaulted to headphones a few times.
the tv is the default sound, it works fine with everything else and as soon as i turn fs19 on the sound is gone (although whem i hoover over the icon it keeps telling it is on tv speaker). So it definitly is fs19 causing the problem.
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

Read your new post and than a light bulb went on. my monitor uses the hdmi cable and I ran into this problem for another game a while back. I think I had to set something with my graphics program to turn sound on thru the hdmi cable. I later changed to separate speakers because I thought it odd having a dedicated sound card and not using it.

Anyway just a thought as I make coffee probably not related to your issue anyway.
JakeT

Post by JakeT »

I'm having this issue. Did anyone find a fix?