Silage bunker not uncovering

kaitto2014

Silage bunker not uncovering

Post by kaitto2014 »

- Xbox 1:
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Silage bunker on biogas plant in ravenport map FS 19
- Issue: silage blanket not uncovering
- Single player:
- Steps to reproduce: after the fermenting was completed I tried to uncover the silage but it only opened a small part in one of the ends, I removed that silage and sold at the biogas plant I returned to the bunker but it didn't let me open more of the silage until I moved closer to the opposing end, it only opened a small part again, after collecting and selling the silage in the part, it now won't let me open anymore of the silage
- It happened without any mods on, only the mahindra retriever and xbox gold valtra dlc were active.
Last edited by kaitto2014 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agricola57

Re: Silage bunker not uncovering

Post by Agricola57 »

I have this issue also sometimes. IN FS17 too.

It's a bug and there is a workaround for it (PC)

Go to your folder "My Games\FarmingSimulator2019
Open your savegame folder: savegame# (1,2,etc) where the bug occurs.

Open now the file items.xml with an Editor (f.i. Notepad++ , freeware)

Search for the following code:

Code: Select all

</bga>
        <bunkerSilo index="1" state="3" fillLevel="101476.187500" compactedFillLevel="201412.703125" fermentingTime="64800000.000000" openedAtFront="true" openedAtBack="false"/>
        <bunkerSilo index="2" state="3" fillLevel="459079.375000" compactedFillLevel="313095.250000" fermentingTime="64800000.000000" openedAtFront="true" openedAtBack="false"/>
The number after "index" is the number of your silo where you have issues.
Change the value "openedAtFront=" to "false" en save the file.

Start the game and go to your bunkersilo, walk in the bunker and press "R" to open the bunker again.
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Intel i9-10850K CPU@ 3.60GHz, ASUS Z490-Gaming, 32GB RAM 2133MHz, Win10/64, Resolution: 3840x2160
kaitto2014

Post by kaitto2014 »

I wish I could do that in Xbox one. The most frustrating thing about it, is that it is a bug that comes since FS 17, you'd expect that by now Giants would have already fix it!
Agricola57

Post by Agricola57 »

Ok didn't mentioned you are on XB.
On youtube there are a couple of clips about this issue.
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Intel i9-10850K CPU@ 3.60GHz, ASUS Z490-Gaming, 32GB RAM 2133MHz, Win10/64, Resolution: 3840x2160
kaitto2014

Post by kaitto2014 »

I found a workaround the bug, it's not the best solution or a fix, but at least I can use the bunker silo again, the silo I was using was in the Biogas plant, and since the old silage was stuck in the silo I could not make more silage in it, so to empty it I sold the Biogas plant, when I did that I got a message that the silo was empty, after that a bought the land again, I lost the silage and probably the digestate too but I didn't have any yet, but at least I can use the silo again, better than building a new bunker silo outside the plant.
Ruges

Post by Ruges »

While its to late for you now. In the future after you open the bunker and before you collect the silage, run a silage fork threw the open silage infront of the closed bunker area. Opening it further each time you scoop up new silage. repeat until the bunker is all the way open, Do this before using belts to empty the bunker and you wont have your issue. Its not the best, but it works until they fix it so belts open up bunkers again.

Also another thing to think about but I have not tried. If you where to dump some silage infront of the blanketed area, and then use forks to pick that silage back up, it might open it up even further.
kaitto2014

Post by kaitto2014 »

actually I tried to dump silage in front of the blanketed area, if you try to dump too close it says you can't do that if you dump close and push it to the blanket or try to let the pile grow, it will not reach the blanket, so the only solution I found was to sell and re-buy the land to clear the silo. and yes I found about the silage fork trick too late, lost a lot of silage :frown:
Supersam

Post by Supersam »

Is anyone on PC having issues with the leveller? Just thought I would ask as nobody has reported that apart from me?
lightning2kwx

Post by lightning2kwx »

Supersam, yeah I'm on PC and just noticed that the leveler doesn't work anymore also. It did work but after one of the updates it quit at some point. Makes it really difficult to do silage without it.
Atorpat

Post by Atorpat »

kaitto2014 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:29 pm - Xbox 1:
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Silage bunker on biogas plant in ravenport map FS 19
- Issue: silage blanket not uncovering
- Single player:
- Steps to reproduce: after the fermenting was completed I tried to uncover the silage but it only opened a small part in one of the ends, I removed that silage and sold at the biogas plant I returned to the bunker but it didn't let me open more of the silage until I moved closer to the opposing end, it only opened a small part again, after collecting and selling the silage in the part, it now won't let me open anymore of the silage
- It happened without any mods on, only the mahindra retriever and xbox gold valtra dlc were active.

Any solution for this after 3 versions????!!!