Dedicated Server wont run

tiagoadp

Dedicated Server wont run

Post by tiagoadp »

Hello, i have a spare dedicated machine, with win server 2016, but the game dedicated server wont start:

I have attached an log error of the problem, i have tryed with compatibility mode, but with no luck...
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Supersam

Re: Dedicated Server wont run

Post by Supersam »

Correct me if i'm wrong.... But in order to get a dedicated server you have to buy 1 from FS19 or a few other companies that have the dedicated server... You can't run your own dedicated server off of your own machine.
Jelmar

Post by Jelmar »

Supersam wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:22 am Correct me if i'm wrong.... But in order to get a dedicated server you have to buy 1 from FS19 or a few other companies that have the dedicated server... You can't run your own dedicated server off of your own machine.
Yes, you can. But you have to buy a separate game key to run the server.
Supersam

Post by Supersam »

Jelmar wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:31 am
Supersam wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:22 am Correct me if i'm wrong.... But in order to get a dedicated server you have to buy 1 from FS19 or a few other companies that have the dedicated server... You can't run your own dedicated server off of your own machine.
Yes, you can. But you have to buy a separate game key to run the server.
Ah ok my bad...
Apache1222

Post by Apache1222 »

That's why my personal copy that I play on is from steam, and my dedicated server copy I purchased direct from Giants.

One thing to note though, is you may need to run the game first normaly on the server, even though it will most likely error out on the video drivers and such, but that initial run creates the directories needed for the savegames and such. After that happens, run the dedicated server to create the default config file for it, close out of the server, edit the config file to set your own password and such. Fire it back up and log into it from a web browser to do the configuration.

Or you could have a firewall blocking the ports needed
tiagoadp

Post by tiagoadp »

Hmm tnx for the hint i will try that at night... Tnx peopple.

And yes i have a steam faming account and a standalonr license for the server....
tiagoadp

Post by tiagoadp »

Nothing worked, the game normal wont run, shader v3 problem, so i copyed the documents folder from my current game, and not fixed the issue, i updated the game to 1.2, server dedicated version 8.0.2.0, but nothing works, same problem...

Tryed the firewall too, disabled it, not worked... dunno what it can be... i mailed giants, and they asweared me with a precorder mail, and useless soluction... They say that we have to pay for the server, but they don´t do a good support, that´s too bad :(
tiagoadp

Post by tiagoadp »

Nohing works... Shame, an payed server of 2019 version wont work on a 2016 win server... thats really dumb... Giants won´t pronounce about anything...