Game is laggy, FPS < 20

Tinus

Game is laggy, FPS < 20

Post by Tinus »

Hi all,

First off, love the game, most of the machines actually react very realistically, which i love about any game..

I downloaded the game with a crack before i bought it, to try it. When i played that version, the game ran smooth as silk and never lagged or got below 60 fps.

Because i liked the game i bought it and got my copy yesterday. I've installed it immediately of course, but the game is at about 30 fps at best, about 20 fps if its raining or when i'm busy on one of the machines. If this happened with the downloaded version i would've never bought it, so i'm kinda baffled on what's going on that the legal version is laggy as hell?

Anyone able to give me pointers, because the same settings are used on the legal version as i did on the 'downloaded' version, but the legal version is running just plain bad.. Since i know those settings 'should' work, i kinda don't want to go down in GFX quality settings..

My specs:

Core i7 @ 3800
16GB DDR 4
M2 SSD 500GB
Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

I hope someone can tell me if there is a quick fix to this, as the game is near to unplayable this way :-/

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Tinus

p.s. Also got the issue that the game installed in the language of my OS, which is English, but i want the game to be playable for my daughter too, so can i get the game installed in my own language, other than the language of my os? Thanks!
perwel

Re: Game is laggy, FPS < 20

Post by perwel »

Tinus wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:59 pm Hi all,

First off, love the game, most of the machines actually react very realistically, which i love about any game..

I downloaded the game with a crack before i bought it, to try it. When i played that version, the game ran smooth as silk and never lagged or got below 60 fps.

Because i liked the game i bought it and got my copy yesterday. I've installed it immediately of course, but the game is at about 30 fps at best, about 20 fps if its raining or when i'm busy on one of the machines. If this happened with the downloaded version i would've never bought it, so i'm kinda baffled on what's going on that the legal version is laggy as hell?

Anyone able to give me pointers, because the same settings are used on the legal version as i did on the 'downloaded' version, but the legal version is running just plain bad.. Since i know those settings 'should' work, i kinda don't want to go down in GFX quality settings..

My specs:

Core i7 @ 3800
16GB DDR 4
M2 SSD 500GB
Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

I hope someone can tell me if there is a quick fix to this, as the game is near to unplayable this way :-/

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Tinus

p.s. Also got the issue that the game installed in the language of my OS, which is English, but i want the game to be playable for my daughter too, so can i get the game installed in my own language, other than the language of my os? Thanks!
The 1050ti GTX card is a very weak card. I know I have had it but replaced with refund because it performed worse
then my 960 GTX.
Now I have 1060 GTX and have all settings to MAX in FS19 1.2 Beta. 60 FPS no matter what I do.
Win 10 Pro, i5 11600K 4.9 Ghz, RTX 3060 Ti 8GB, 32Gb mem, 4 SSD, 2 M2, 1 HDD
Per W
Sweden
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

The 1050ti should be fine. I had the same issue and one of the forum members who responded to me indicated that they have the same card and its fine for them. You will have to test with various settings between the game and Nvidia's control panel. One thing is that you will have to make sure the option for "Multisample Antialiasing" is set at 2x. I have a 1060 and I have to use this setting.

I am also using Vsync so my fps will be 60fps. If I don't, then I get screen tearing. I am not going to worry about the 1.2 patch until it comes out.
Tinus

Post by Tinus »

Hi,

Yeah i kinda figured out the GFX card isn't the best out there, but i must say that it performed outstanding on nearly every game/app i currently have.. That includes a lot of new games, thus far i'm not complaining (yet).

But the weird thing in this particular matter is that it performed great on the copy i downloaded, so that's where i end up with a lot of ???.

Regards,

Tinus
Supersam

Post by Supersam »

I came across a post on another thread about FPS boost I mean it might be worth a try... Also the cracked download you probably had was the beta they gave to streamers but then again it could be related to anything...

Forgot to add the link viewtopic.php?f=964&t=134561
Tinus

Post by Tinus »

@Ekeenan,

Thanks for you reply..

Yes i've checked if those AA settings were correct, which they were.. I've tried messing around with the antialiasing option, but didn't get the required results.. Thanks!

Overall i'm quite happy with the GFX card as it is now, i haven't had a game so far yet that would give me poor FPS or poor graphics.. I will however look for a stronger card in the near future. For now this is a good GFX card, didn't disappoint me yet until FS19 :zunge:

Regards,

Tinus

@Supersam,

Thanks for your reply! No it wasn't a beta but the 'full' game, but besides that, the referred post actually helped enough to get a normal FPS.

Basically i'm getting 70+ FPS on normal operation now, however on certain parts of the map it will still fall down to about 50/55 (average 54 over 30 seconds), which is very acceptable after getting <20 before..

Temperatures are hardly affected by this change, made a profile for FS19 in the GFX driver setting..

Again, thanks a lot for the help, problem is resolved for me :-)

Regards,

Tinus