Giant Circle of Loading Textures?

joshmiller83

Giant Circle of Loading Textures?

Post by joshmiller83 »

Anyone else having this issue and have you found a fix for it?

My wife and I both have this issue with textures seeming to loading in around us in a giant circle and shadows seem to get darker load more as we move. It is VERY noticeable and annoying! I have most settings Ultra/Max and 200% on the 3 View/LOD Distance Sliders.

Not sure what else to try!
Playing on PC the only system there is!
Obi-Tonobi

Re: Giant Circle of Loading Textures?

Post by Obi-Tonobi »

joshmiller83 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:21 am Anyone else having this issue and have you found a fix for it?

My wife and I both have this issue with textures seeming to loading in around us in a giant circle and shadows seem to get darker load more as we move. It is VERY noticeable and annoying! I have most settings Ultra/Max and 200% on the 3 View/LOD Distance Sliders.

Not sure what else to try!
It was that way on FS17 as well. It has to be just a programming thing. Giants seems to not be able to. I'm on PS4 (not a pro). Look at other games such as Gran Turismo, Red Dead 2, and any big title game. They all get it right and they are using the same PS4 hardware and have bigger maps. It's not the PlayStation it's the poor programming. Sad because I really like Farm Sim 17 and 19
joshmiller83

Post by joshmiller83 »

Anyone else having this issue on PC and is there a FIX? Or is this just something everyone is ok / dealing with?

Playing on PC the only system there is!
abk.420

Post by abk.420 »

On PC look in My documents for game.xml and edit the
<viewDistanceCoeff>2.000000</viewDistanceCoeff> 2.000000 is 200%
<lodDistanceCoeff>2.000000</lodDistanceCoeff> 2.000000 is 200%
<foliageViewDistanceCoeff>2.000000</foliageViewDistanceCoeff> 2.000000 is 200%

try going to 2.5 or 3.0 but it will bring down your FPS
UserBenchmarks: Game 113%, Desk 100%, Work 68%
CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
SSD: Adata Ultimate SU800 256GB
SSD: Ocz-vertex2 3.5 120GB
HDD: Hitachi 320GB
RAM: Corsair 4x4GB
MBD: MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON
Bonger76

Post by Bonger76 »

joshmiller83 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:26 am Anyone else having this issue on PC and is there a FIX? Or is this just something everyone is ok / dealing with?
You will have to edit map and foliage view distance, Unzipp your modMap save the zipped map as backUp,you have to make hu** that the foliage is being loaded from your map, if not copy over foliage folder from gaints data into map where your .i3d is open your .i3d in notepad++ and change the foliage load path change from "$data/foliage/wheat.xml"/> to "foliage/wheat.xml"/>or were ever you have that folder in the modMap like I have my .i3d in a maps folder and the foliage is before that it looks like this "../foliage/wheat.xml"/>you will need to do all the friutTypes and the
"$data/foliage/distance/foliage_wheat_distance2_diffuse.png"/>to "foliage/distance/foliage_wheat_distance2_diffuse.png"/>they are thier in the foliage folder. For the view distance on the choped straw and lime ,manure you need to search for <DetailLayer name="terrainDetail" and look for the viewDistance="75" and raise the viewDistance this you will whant to test it will effect your FPS,save your changes in notepad++ dont close easy to undo changes if you have a problem, be brave you have a backup.Now for the fruitTypes you will need to edit the fruitType .xml I would start with one then when you get the view you like do the rest in the Wheat .xml in thier

<foliageLodDefaults lod="0" viewDistance="20" blendOutDistance="2" atlasSize="1" atlasOffset="1 0" texCoords="0 0 1 1" />
<foliageLodDefaults lod="1" viewDistance="80" blendOutDistance="2" atlasSize="1" atlasOffset="1 0" texCoords="0 0 1 1" />

the viewDistance="20" is the first ring viewDistance="80"is the second ring for the fruit type, with the sugarBeet ,potato,sugarcane have "haulm"
viewDistance="80" raiseing those viewDistance up remeber that whith graphic setting maxed it will raise it up 200% so
viewDistance="20" at 200% it is "60" change to viewDistance="60"at 200% it is "180",you will ahve to test to see how it effects the FPS on your system.
Hope this helps
Spiritine

Post by Spiritine »

Yeah I noticed this too, its very annoying, its like a light moving with you, I've everything maxed out, and I tried what someone said

I've set these to 3, made no noticeable difference

<viewDistanceCoeff>2.000000</viewDistanceCoeff>
<lodDistanceCoeff>2.000000</lodDistanceCoeff>
Moses195

Post by Moses195 »

I went farther out and then went back closer, now its only a few feet in front of the tractor, almost seems realistic at certain speeds, better frame rates too.
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

This goes to show we should be operating from the cab, not in external mode. :biggrin2: This feature is not noticable when in the cab.