Massive frame rate drop and game is very dark

Damofarm

Massive frame rate drop and game is very dark

Post by Damofarm »

Hi all,
I recently moved my PC upstairs to a better location. When I plugged everything back in and fired up FS 19, my savegame is extremely dark even though it is early afternoon. Also, the frame rate has dropped to something like 1 fps or less. The game is now not playable. I tried plugging in another monitor but still the same problem. Anybody got any ideas? Please help. Thanks.
rikor420

Re: Massive frame rate drop and game is very dark

Post by rikor420 »

Damofarm wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:03 pm Hi all,
I recently moved my PC upstairs to a better location. When I plugged everything back in and fired up FS 19, my savegame is extremely dark even though it is early afternoon. Also, the frame rate has dropped to something like 1 fps or less. The game is now not playable. I tried plugging in another monitor but still the same problem. Anybody got any ideas? Please help. Thanks.
Before you moved your computer from downstairs, how many times have you rebooted your computer in a week? or a month, or even longer, also was it working fine while it was downstairs?

Reason i am asking these orthodox question is that it might be something you are carring in your system like a virus that activated when you started up the computer. check your memory processes, like antivirus, anything weird that is happening in the background process.

Because if it was working fine from downstairs an then you brought it upstairs and now its not working right, you might want to check out your computer.

Good Luck.
Damofarm

Post by Damofarm »

It's a new pc, 2 weeks old. Everything else runs well in the background, no issues, internet connection is good. Not sure what to do now. But thanks for your help anyway. Cheers.
Damofarm

Post by Damofarm »

Just realised what I have done. Plugged the monitor into the motherboard instead of the graphics card. All good now. Back to the fields of gold for me. Thanks rikor420 or your help.