The game crashes when loading a backup game

Brickokermis

The game crashes when loading a backup game

Post by Brickokermis »

Hello everyone, I tried to post a topic in the French part of the Forum being French. But these people, they can't help me. and I read that here mutual aid is no longer there. I'm taking my chances. I went through the forum, and I noticed that many people had a problem similar to mine. When I start a game, I save it and leave that game to reload it, so I can't. The game crashes and returns to the Windows 10 desktop.

You would have understood that the game crashes when it comes to loading a game part.

My PC is up to date regarding the drivers of components, windows, and all other internal software type (Java, C++, ..)
It's a PC that I built myself, it's not a PC that you can find on the market.
I have other games, and these games run perfectly well without any problem in other Battlefield V or otherwise ETS2.

My Pc/ configuration
R7-2700X 8Cores
GTX 1080 MSI
16GB DDR4 3200Mhz Corsair
2 SSD 1Tb
PSU 750W 80+ Gold

The file log:
log.txt
(17.5 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Thank you
ilovetrains

Re: The game crashes when loading a backup game

Post by ilovetrains »

this appears to be a common problem. The official reply I received from Giants was:
Thank you for your email.

1. Open Windows Explorer or File Explorer from the taskbar.
2. Navigate to Documents > My Games > FarmingSimulator2019.
3. Delete the game.xml and the inputBinding.xml files.
4. Open shader_cache folder and delete all files (the folder must be empty).

NOTE THIS WORKED ONCE, BUT I HAD TO REINSTALL THE ENTIRE GAME MULTIPLE TIMES...
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

According to your log.txt it looks like some file is missing in the savegame:

Code: Select all

2018-12-19 17:03 Error: Failed to load height map 'C:/Users/maxim/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/savegame1/terrain.heightmap.png'.
I would therefore recommend to check the backups of the savegame in the savegameBackup folder to see if the file exist in one of them.

There is another error which seems to be related to the new terrain editing feature:

Code: Select all

2018-12-19 17:03 Error: TerrainDeformation requires a terrain lod size that is a multiple of the terrain height map size
It might also be related to the previous error, so trying to restore the missing file might help with this one as well.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Brickokermis

Post by Brickokermis »

I also contacted the game support by email, they replied the same as you told me. I tried the maneuvers again tonight. It didn't solve the problem.

As said don_apple there are missing files, I also noticed it in the Log. But the problem is I didn't touch anything, I didn't touch anything at all. So what I did was delete the Farming simulator 19 file from my mygame folder, and restart the game that re-created one for me. The problem is still present I can't load a game part.

The new log file all clean, all new
log.txt
(34.03 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Brickokermis

Post by Brickokermis »

no one has any ideas for help
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Your latest log still shows the error that the file is missing. Have you tried restoring that missing file from a backup of the savegame as I've suggested before?

Another thing I would suggest to try is to start a complete new career. Does that work?
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Brickokermis

Post by Brickokermis »

don_apple wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:45 pm Your latest log still shows the error that the file is missing. Have you tried restoring that missing file from a backup of the savegame as I've suggested before?

Another thing I would suggest to try is to start a complete new career. Does that work?
I can't restore, since I don't have a savegame_backup. I am starting a new career every time. I'm not trying to charge a previous game. Every time I start a new one, I can't load it once I leave it.
lonefarmer

Post by lonefarmer »

I am having the exact same problem. I tried the solutions said but still crashing.
jodamm

Post by jodamm »

Can you upload the savegame, so we can test if something is wrong with it.
I have created a savegame, can you try to load it? http://sunxi.das-eckchen.de/savegame4.zip
Brickokermis

Post by Brickokermis »

jodamm wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:22 pm Can you upload the savegame, so we can test if something is wrong with it.
I have created a savegame, can you try to load it? http://sunxi.das-eckchen.de/savegame4.zip
I downloaded, extracted your backup in the game folder in My Documents. I can load your game!

My savegame download => https://www.fichier-zip.com/2018/12/21/savegame1/
jodamm

Post by jodamm »

Ok, I tested your savegame and it crashed my game too. It is because the file terrain.heightmap.png is missing, I copied the file from one of my savegames in your savegame and it loads fine. Normaly the file should be created when you save the game. Here is the file for the Felsbrunn map : http://sunxi.das-eckchen.de/terrain.heightmap.png
Can you put the file in your savegame and load it, save it and load it again. If this works then only the first creation of the file is not working.
Brickokermis

Post by Brickokermis »

Ah, thank you! It works! I can load my game. Now how can I make Giants understand that for whoever corrects him? Because my game we agree it is not complete, since it does not generate the map.png
jodamm

Post by jodamm »

Can you now save and load it again? So the map.png is not generated only when a new savegame is started?
Brickokermis

Post by Brickokermis »

No, the map.png is not generated with each new part. When I add it to my game part, it does not default the height and shapes of the terrain that I had previously levelled with the option of version 1.2.0
lonefarmer

Post by lonefarmer »

jodamm wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:50 am Ok, I tested your savegame and it crashed my game too. It is because the file terrain.heightmap.png is missing, I copied the file from one of my savegames in your savegame and it loads fine. Normaly the file should be created when you save the game. Here is the file for the Felsbrunn map : http://sunxi.das-eckchen.de/terrain.heightmap.png
Can you put the file in your savegame and load it, save it and load it again. If this works then only the first creation of the file is not working.
Damn, it worked just fine with the terrain.heightmap.png. I knew it with the log it was this missing file causing error, but I didn't find anyone that had it. Thank you very much!
Can you get the same file for the Ravenport map?
Really appreciate it.